• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Fall and Pickup's

Don't worry about your English, your questions are clear. For gun and ammo pickups I always did a copy/paste from one of the official maps into my maps to make sure it was the correct item and worked as it should. Try doing that first, compiling and saving. When you play your map, play it on easy because it increases the chance for ammo and weapons to appear. I hope this helps :)

Upvote 0
Apparently the KF random item spawn is broken so I have a lot of errors that say the same error. It is not an issue.

To test the map, place the items right in front of you where you spawn for testing, to see if they spawn there. Then you dont have to go very far to see if they are working.

make sure if you "copy" from one map, you close that map out, say from biotiics, close that map and immediately open yours, then right click on the ground in your map and choose Edit=>paste=> here. Make sure the item is not buried or under the map. if you choose paste at map origin, it will paste the items close to the middle of the map.

I always place the item on the ground, then move to the right height if I am putting an item on a crate or in a display case or trying to hide it. It is best to place it on ground and then move it to where you want it.

I have not had any issues with the ammo boxes or individual single guns. Its just a pain in the rump when the random KF items doesnt work. I am sure that was linked to the difficulty level and chances an item would appear.

Now I just adjust the time on weapon drops on the map, anywhere from a value of 200 to 9999 or higher.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well im tried to place pickup near the spawn:
di-2Z1J.png

But i didn't saw pickup here at any time.

Upvote 0
I'd make sure the map is in the Killingfloor/maps folder.
I would ensure that version of the map is the only one there.
close the editor and start the Killing Floor game, not the editor
find your map and start it on beginner level.

Sometimes if you PLAY MAP from editor, it will use the last settings you used when playing the Killing floor game. In other words, if you play a game of Killing floor on Suicidal level, then end the game, those settings will stick. So, when you open up the KF editor and do "PLAY MAP" it will use that suicidal difficulty and may not spawn items due to a difficulty level.

so, try the map in your kiling floor game (not editor) on beginner level, long setting.

Upvote 0
I found a solution to the problem with pickup.... Im just change Editor interface from russian to english. Still work -.-.

I found a solution that did not show an error "No inventory spot for this pickup": Double click on pickup -> Pickup -> bExcludeFromNavigation = true.

Now i'm wanna get help with my first problem - how to to this - when i jump from high, i dont want to lose health.

Upvote 0
extN;n1889293 said:

Hey I'm also exhibiting the same problem, how did you fix yours?

extN;n1889235 said:
I found a solution to the problem with pickup.... Im just change Editor interface from russian to english. Still work -.-.
What if your editor is already in English?

extN;n1889235 said:
I found a solution that did not show an error "No inventory spot for this pickup": Double click on pickup -> Pickup -> bExcludeFromNavigation = true.
double clicking the ammo box does nothing for me....

I came from this: http://umh.sandcrawler.net/index.php...and=view&id=25

Last edited:
Upvote 0