• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF [MUTATOR/FIX] Proper Grenade Arms

Skell

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
On the Internet.
This is a really cool line of code.

Code:
SleeveTexture = Class<KFSpeciesType>(XP.Species).static.GetSleeveTexture();
This is a mutator that fixes the arm texture of the grenade hand so it uses the current skin's texture instead of the camo arm.

Compiled mutator and source code here can be found here:
LINK

Credits to a1eat0r... everything, I guess.

Last edited:
Looks like the KFWeapon.BringUp() function, which calls KFWeapon.HandleSleeveSwapping(), doesn't get called for the Frag class at all, so Skins[SleeveNum] isn't properly set for frags. Calling HandleSleeveSwapping() from some other function in the Frag class (e.g. Frag.StartThrow()) would probably fix this.

Upvote 0
Huh, I guess we didn't give a clear description. It's a fix for the left hand always switching to the default skin when throwing grenades:
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Only problem still left is that when having medicnades, in hand is still a frag grenade instead of the medinade (even though the medinade has its own throwing animation).
There is no separate weapon class for medinades, it's the same Frag class with a different projectile, which is why the toss animation is the same. I'm not sure how to replace Frag.Mesh since it's a constant, probably call LinkMesh() in Frag.StartThrow() or just create a Frag subclass for medinades.

Upvote 0