• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[ZED] Female Fleshpound

Now on Steam Workshop - best way to keep up to date.

Download v0.81

V0.81 Changelog

Fixed pathing/collision problems.
Fixed compressed Texture file fast redirect downloading problems.

Known Issues

Some audio levels are too high/low. (I have never come across such an awkward audio pipeline then in Unreal2)
Couple of animations still need refining.

As always please leave constructive feedback and criticism.

Upvote 0
Known Issues

Some audio levels are too high/low. (I have never come across such an awkward audio pipeline then in Unreal2)
Couple of animations still need refining.

As always please leave constructive feedback and criticism.

With all my custom zeds I used the following settings in Adobe Audition :

1] Amplitude & Compression / Hard Limiter
"Limit to -6dB" preset

2] Amplitude & Compression / Normalize
Normalize to 100%

I know you hate to do this Whis, because you totally destroy the wav. But it worked wonders for all my custom zeds. You can also try it with the -3dB preset of course, this will hold up the quality a bit more...though I noticed the samples lack the "punch" they need for the game.

Adjusting the volume with code has always failed for me. :(

Upvote 0
Which ones?

It was a catch all for any animation bugs =P
But I have noticed the charging animation is a little odd due to her speed. She is almost like Marvin the Martian from Loony Toons.

Maybe we could experiment with a more running/sprinting animation?

It might end up looking odd, but go for full blown sprint. So points where both feet are off the floor pretty much, lead with the knee, lean forward. Have her swing her maces back and forth. Like someone in a full sprint.

Your call as you are our animator ^^

With all my custom zeds I used the following settings in Adobe Audition :

1] Amplitude & Compression / Hard Limiter
"Limit to -6dB" preset

2] Amplitude & Compression / Normalize
Normalize to 100%

I know you hate to do this Whis, because you totally destroy the wav. But it worked wonders for all my custom zeds. You can also try it with the -3dB preset of course, this will hold up the quality a bit more...though I noticed the samples lack the "punch" they need for the game.

Adjusting the volume with code has always failed for me. :(

I made a point of compressing the audio as much as I could bring myself to as I was aware of it. If it stays to quiet I'll try what you suggest.

Something odd you may notice with here is that her rage scream starts quiet, but will then come back to correct volume a little later. It happened when I was testing here. Everything other than the rage was fine. Then all of a sudden the rage was the right volume. :confused: Can't figure it out.

Upvote 0
Just letting you know, earlier I posted about clients crashing with the ffp on since v080. I couldn't collect client logs that weren't full of client-side content from the workshop (I mean, no one had a clean install or they sent me files that didn't make any sense). So I told everyone to install the Karma file and since then they no longer crash from wave 7 and above. Nobody complains about the extra effort though, she's totally worth it.

(now they can just subscribe to the workshop to get the karma file right ?)

Upvote 0
My game has crashed while playing on a server with female FP on.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
My game has crashed while playing on a server with female FP on.

Spoiler!
throw FFPKarma.ka => KarmaData
OR
set bRagdolls=False in FemaleFPMut.ini

Upvote 0
Are you guys still working on FFP ?

She's walking our server since her release and everyone here hates her just as much as she hates them. The only thing I'd like to see fixed is the clients crashing when they don't have the karma file installed.

In the meantime I've got serveradskf spam messages like "Get the karma file or expect a crash at wave 8" but as you know, people don't read.

Upvote 0
Are you guys still working on FFP ?

She's walking our server since her release and everyone here hates her just as much as she hates them. The only thing I'd like to see fixed is the clients crashing when they don't have the karma file installed.

In the meantime I've got serveradskf spam messages like "Get the karma file or expect a crash at wave 8" but as you know, people don't read.

Gartley for this you may need to use the fix that Marco had for his Doom 3 monsters. Something i'd consider looking into.

Upvote 0
I found a bug in FFP code that causes crash on clients, who don't have karma files. Don't know why, but my PlayDyingAnimation() function was deleted from v081 code, so it didn't use bRagdolls config variable at all and always tried to used karma... and crashed, if clients didn't had it.

Here is a fixed version:

**EDIT:

Sorry, fixed one bug, made two others :(

Here is the correct link (bugfixed version of hotfixed one ;)):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70213558/KFSrc/FemaleFP_v082.zip

I reuploaded the entire package, because there still were some issues with file name case (e.g. FemaleFleshPound_Snd.uax and FemaleFleshpound_Snd.uax), which could cause fast-redirect problems.

Don't forget to change package name to "FemaleFPZED_v082" in FemaleFPMut.ini or ScrnBalance.ini!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have to say that the female fleshpound project is the one that I'm personally looking farward the most to playing when it's closer to completion.

I seriously don't understand how the Shiver and Brute is not official yet. I could absolutely come to say the same thing about the female fleshpound when it gets further polished.

Keep it up!

<3

Upvote 0
I found a bug in FFP code that causes crash on clients, who don't have karma files. Don't know why, but my PlayDyingAnimation() function was deleted from v081 code, so it didn't use bRagdolls config variable at all and always tried to used karma... and crashed, if clients didn't had it.

Here is a fixed version:

**EDIT:

Sorry, fixed one bug, made two others :(

Here is the correct link (bugfixed version of hotfixed one ;)):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70213558/KFSrc/FemaleFP_v082.zip

I reuploaded the entire package, because there still were some issues with file name case (e.g. FemaleFleshPound_Snd.uax and FemaleFleshpound_Snd.uax), which could cause fast-redirect problems.

Don't forget to change package name to "FemaleFPZED_v082" in FemaleFPMut.ini or ScrnBalance.ini!

I'm using this version on my server and players are reporting extremely slow downloads of the FemaleFleshPound_Snd package.

**Edit: I've had to disable Female FP for now and we're looking into whether this is a problem on our end. We had to do a complete server rebuild over the last two days so it's possible, even if it seems unlikely to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm using this version on my server and players are reporting extremely slow downloads of the FemaleFleshPound_Snd package.

**Edit: I've had to disable Female FP for now and we're looking into whether this is a problem on our end. We had to do a complete server rebuild over the last two days so it's possible, even if it seems unlikely to me.

Hm... probably in animation file it is referenced as FemaleFleshpound_Snd.

Please try to rename it back to FemaleFleshpound_Snd.uax and compressed file FemaleFleshpound_Snd.uax.uz2 and check if it fixes the problem.

Upvote 0