• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

XMas and Circus ZEDS (Remake)

Upvote 0
strange question....

strange question....

forrest,

is it possible to make the mutator distinguish the difference between the Hillbilly zeds and the original Halloween zeds so that one or the other can be used instead of having the Hillbilly files overwrite the previous Halloween files.

For instance, if we could rename the static mesh file from "kf_gore_trip_sm_HALLOWEEN.usx" to "kf_gore_trip_sm_HBH_HALLOWEEN.usx"
and then have the mutator use the renamed files for the Hillbilly setup and let the standard Halloween Zeds use the original default files. I still have copies of all the original Halloween files before I applied the newest halloween patch in case you lost them in the update.

I'm not sure if this is technically possible if we did rename all the Hillbilly files but figured that I would ask. I thought that it would be interesting to have access to both setups.

Upvote 0
is it possible to make the mutator distinguish the difference between the Hillbilly zeds and the original Halloween zeds so that one or the other can be used instead of having the Hillbilly files overwrite the previous Halloween files.
Of coruse, how did you think he had '11 Halloween and Circus in his last mutator.

The Circus Halloweens are already in the pervious versions of his mutator.

Upvote 0
Sanguivore said...

Sanguivore said...

I think Sanguivore was referring if we can have both zeds in the same version. V5 has the 11' ones and V6 doesn't have any halloween zeds (Only if you download the hillbilly files from the first page.).

Just update V6 so we can have:

-Xmas Zeds
-Circus Zeds
-Halloween Sideshow Zeds
-Hillbilly Zeds

Upvote 0
different file names

different file names

I thought that it would be, but I wasn't definitively sure. The Xmas, Circus, and 2011 Halloween zeds all have there own custom files. From what I can tell, nothing was overwritten. But the Hillbilly Horror Halloween update overwrote all the 2011 Halloween files. A prime example of this is the actual texture file for the zeds. That's why I was questioning the viability of it being possible.

oops, I just realized that you had already posted that the files had to be renamed in a previous post. I somehow missed that when I made my prior post. I just now saw it while typing this response out. Thanx for not griefing me about asking the same thing over again :D.

So at this point, it's just a matter of whether or not Forrest decides to implement the HB zeds into the mut as a separate spawn option.

Upvote 0
Won't work.

Assertion failed: GIsEditor || GetSuperClass() || this==UObject::StaticClass() [File:.\UnClass.cpp] [Line: 892]

History: UClass::Bind <- (Class KF_Halloween_ZEDS.ZombieShade_HALLOWEEN) <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- (ZombieShade_HALLOWEEN 14350) <- IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad<<UObject <- (LinkerLoad Package.LinkerLoad 14350)) <- SerializeExpr <- (20) <- SerializeExpr <- (04) <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Function KF_Halloween_ZEDS.KFMutCrazy.GetReplaceClass) <- UFunction::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (Function KF_Halloween_ZEDS.KFMutCrazy.GetReplaceClass 14350==14350/79915 14283 168) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- LinkProperties <- UStruct::Link <- UState::Link <- UClass::Link <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Class KF_Halloween_ZEDS.KFMutCrazy) <- UState::Serialize <- UClass::Serialize <- (Class KF_Halloween_ZEDS.KFMutCrazy) <- LoadObject <- (Class KF_Halloween_ZEDS.KFMutCrazy 14350==14350/79915 61420 449) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class KF_Halloween_ZEDS.KFMutCrazy NULL) <- UObject::processEvent <- (KFGameType kf-defence-c1.KFGameType, Function KFmod.KFGameType.InitGame) <- BeginPlay <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ClientTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level KF-Defence-V2 <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Event Zeds Mutator is on, and so is Halloween, and I put True for H'ween event on ini.

BUT! just tried Event zeds mutator on, xmas and the zombies were invisible, but i heard Hillbilly zombies

Edit: Scratch that all events work besides Halloween, the Zombies are still invisible and are HillBilly ones, even though I extracted all the files required for Hween 11 to where they're suppose to be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mutator has been updated, you can now enable the Hillbilly ZEDS and the Halloween'11 ZEDS
The new mutator does not work for me. I recently had to reinstall Windows and lost all my Killing Floor data thanks to my motherboard failure, due to this I may be missing Halloween and Hillbilly Horror files. I downloaded all 4 files and installed them. Those did not work. However, I got the Xmas and Circus Zeds working with the mutator on page 3. Those are working like a charm, but I would like to see Hillbilly and Halloween Zeds. Can you please fix the mutator? I would greatly appreciate it!

Upvote 0
The new mutator does not work for me. I recently had to reinstall Windows and lost all my Killing Floor data thanks to my motherboard failure, due to this I may be missing Halloween and Hillbilly Horror files. I downloaded all 4 files and installed them. Those did not work. However, I got the Xmas and Circus Zeds working with the mutator on page 3. Those are working like a charm, but I would like to see Hillbilly and Halloween Zeds. Can you please fix the mutator? I would greatly appreciate it!

It works perfectly fine for me, only way you could not get it to work is you failed to see that you have to configure the mutator first by using,"Configure Mutator" in the Mutators tab, or directly editing the .ini included

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It works perfectly fine for me, only way you could not get it to work is you failed to see that you have to configure the mutator first by using,"Configure Mutator" in the Mutators tab, or directly editing the .ini included
There's a glitch for me then. There is no configurable properties in the Configure Mutator menu for me. It remains blank. I attempted to edit the .ini after seeing the menu empty, and the regular Zeds are still spawning. Can you help me out? To install, I downloaded all the files in the first post and put them in their proper directories. Is there something I did wrong?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There's a glitch for me then. There is no configurable properties in the Configure Mutator menu for me. It remains blank. I attempted to edit the .ini after seeing the menu empty, and the regular Zeds are still spawning. Can you help me out? To install, I downloaded all the files in the first post and put them in their proper directories. Is there something I did wrong?

Hmm it could be trying to load files that you don't have, lemme recompile the mutator from a different directory

Upvote 0