• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Total Game Balance + Gunslinger Perk (ScrN Balance)

Great job! Just to let you know, im still altering the G36C so expect to get an update soon. I notice I left some unintended changes (reload speed) in it and parts of the reload animation and iron sight fire animation needs tweaking.

Im impressed per update you do, keep it up :)

I think your G36C is overpriced a bit. It fits very well in a game, taking a middle place between AK47/M4 and SCAR/FNFAL. So its prices should be 1500-2000 imo.

About the v3 update. It dynamically loads weapons, when mutator is loading. Similar way as trader weapons are loading in Marco's ServerPerks mutator. So when a new weapon's version is available, server admins will be supposed to change just one line in config file (if weapon package contains version number) or even without changes at all (if new weapon's version is released under the same package name).

The good thing is that there is no need for server admin to recompile server perks each time after new weapons' versions are released or he wants to add/remove another weapons.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your feedback, guys!

To explain v3 custom weapon mechanics better, I'll post some fragments from the code:

Firebug Perk:
Code:
//v2.60: +60% faster charge with Husk Gun
static function float GetReloadSpeedModifier(KFPlayerReplicationInfo KFPRI, KFWeapon Other)
{
    if ( GetClientVeteranSkillLevel(KFPRI) > 0 ) {
        if ( Flamethrower(Other) != none || HuskGun(Other) != none 
                || [COLOR="Lime"]ClassIsInArray(default.PerkedWeapons, Other.Class) //v3 - custom weapon support[/COLOR]
            )
            return 1.0 + (0.10 * float(GetClientVeteranSkillLevel(KFPRI))); // Up to 60% faster reload with Flamethrower
        else if ( MAC10MP(Other) != none ) 
            return 1.0 + (0.05 * float(GetClientVeteranSkillLevel(KFPRI))); // Up to 30% faster reload with MAC-10
    }
	return 1.0;
}

Commando:
Code:
static function int AddDamage(KFPlayerReplicationInfo KFPRI, KFMonster Injured, KFPawn DamageTaker, int InDamage, class<DamageType> DmgType)
{
	if ( ClassIsChildOf(DmgType, class'DamTypeBullpup') 
            || ClassIsChildOf(DmgType, class'DamTypeAK47AssaultRifle')
            || ClassIsChildOf(DmgType, class'DamTypeSCARMK17AssaultRifle')
            || ClassIsChildOf(DmgType, class'DamTypeM4AssaultRifle') 
            || ClassIsChildOf(DmgType, class'DamTypeFNFALAssaultRifle') 
            || [COLOR="lime"]ClassIsInArray(default.PerkedDamTypes, DmgType) //v3 - custom weapon support[/COLOR]
        ) {
		if ( GetClientVeteranSkillLevel(KFPRI) == 0 )
			return float(InDamage) * 1.05;
		return float(InDamage) * (1.00 + (0.10 * float(Min(GetClientVeteranSkillLevel(KFPRI), 5)))); // Up to 50% increase in Damage with Bullpup
	}
	return InDamage;
}

As you can see, original KF weapons are hardcoded, mostly due to performance.
Custom weapons are added in the same statement, together with original weapons, so they receive absolutely the same bonuses (in percentage). If there is a special bonus cap, like Commando's max damage bonus limit to 50%, it will be applied on custom weapons too.
If there are different bonus rates for specific weapons, like 30% reload rate for Mac10 and 60% for Flamer, one of bonuses has been chosen as default one, which will be applied for custom weapons too. In the previous example I've chosen Flamer's reload rate as default one, so every custom firebug's weapon will be scaled according to Flamer's rate.

But if you don't want to add reload bonus for the weapon - just remove "W" letter from <Bonuses> statement.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry for double post. I've made bonus table for custom weapons:

$ - Weapon discount can be applied for all perks. It is 10% per level, 70% @ Level 6 (including medic)

Medic
A - up to 100% increase in magazine size

Support Spec
P,S - up to 60% damage bonus
A,B - up to 30% increase in total ammo count

Sharpshooter
P,S - up to 140% headshot damage bonus
W - up to 75% recoil reduction, up to 60% faster reload

Commando
P,S - up to 50% damage bonus
A - up to 25% increase in magazine size
A,B - up to 25% increase in total ammo count
W - up to 40% recoil reduction, up to 50% faster reload

Berserker
* Automatically receives bonuses for melee weapons (subclasses of KFMeleeGun)
* Can't receive any bonuses for non-melee weapons, except discount.

Firebug
A - up to 60% increase in magazine size
A,B - up to 60% increase in total ammo count
W - up to 60% faster reload
* Automatically receives damage bonus for burned damage.
* Can't get damage bonus for non-burned damage.

Demolitions
$ - up to 30% discount on ammo
* Automatically receives damage bonus for explosive damage (KFWeaponDamageType.bIsExplosive = true).
* Can't get damage bonus for non-explosive damage.

Gunslinger
P,S - up to 50% damage bonus
W - up to 70% recoil reduction, up to 60% faster reload
* Cowboy Mode can be used with custom dual pistols too, if they are derived from Dualies class

Upvote 0
Version 3.20 is out.
Compatible with ServerPerks V6.

Alternate burning mechanism.
Fixed bugs and issues listed here, including "Crawler infinite burning" bug.
Overall DoT is lowered 20-35%, but first ticks make significantly more damage, allowing to kill trash zeds faster.
Burn duration lowered from 10 to 8s, but further fire damage can continue burn process.
To enable alternate burning mechanism, add SZ_ScrnBalance mutator to your list together with ScrnBalance.

Upvote 0
EDIT: Noticed an oddity relating to SS progression. Headshots with any dual wielded pistol don't count towards levelling Sharp Shooter. Is this a bug or is it intentional?

That's intentional, because otherwise you would be able to level up two perks at the same time with the click of one button: Headshot for Sharpshooter + Kill with dualwielded pistols for Gunslinger. I'm not sure if the "damage done" thing for Gunslinger counts with both single and dual pistols though. Does it poosh?

Upvote 0
That's intentional, because otherwise you would be able to level up two perks at the same time with the click of one button: Headshot for Sharpshooter + Kill with dualwielded pistols for Gunslinger. I'm not sure if the "damage done" thing for Gunslinger counts with both single and dual pistols though. Does it poosh?

Dual pistols aren't Sharpshooter's weapons anymore, that's why Sharpshooter can't level up headshots with them and have no any bonuses too, excepting discount. So it isn't a bug, it is a feature ;)

However, there is a trick how to make dual pistols work for SS if server admin wants to. Setting bGunslinger=False in ScrnBalance.ini will bring back all dual pistol bonuses to SS (and doesn't affect Gunslinger perk, so you can use it as well). Headshot progression still won't work. If you really want this back, you need to replace ScrnBalance.* pistol pickups with KFMod.* in ServerPerks.ini trader inventory.

Gunslinger has bonuses both for single and dual pistols, and "Damage done" progress counts for single and dual pistols too. Pistols kills, however, counts only for dual pistols.
So making headshots with single pistols, player is leveling SS headshots and Gunslinger's damage progress. Killing with dual pistols will progress both Gunslinger's requirements, without touching SS.

Upvote 0
hi poosh

this is what i call a great mut. grats:D

i needed some time to find my way into it. especially the adding of costum weapons didnt work on the first try. i added the lines on the wrong place in the scrnBalance.ini. i found out where to put the comandline by adding a new line in the ingame-mutator menu. after opening the .ini in the editor again i saw the right position.

after adding almost all costum weapons i am 95% happy.

there is a minor issue left u adressed in a post before. ur balancing referes to the vanilla game to level 6. well, the nitpicking i mean is negative prices for guns beyond a certain level.
the 2 perks i talk about are medic and demolition.
they have guns in the shop u get money for if u "buy" them instead of spending. maybe u find time to look into that.

anyways, u did a great job.
keep up the good work

Sgt:)

Upvote 0
hi poosh

this is what i call a great mut. grats:D

i needed some time to find my way into it. especially the adding of costum weapons didnt work on the first try. i added the lines on the wrong place in the scrnBalance.ini. i found out where to put the comandline by adding a new line in the ingame-mutator menu. after opening the .ini in the editor again i saw the right position.

after adding almost all costum weapons i am 95% happy.

there is a minor issue left u adressed in a post before. ur balancing referes to the vanilla game to level 6. well, the nitpicking i mean is negative prices for guns beyond a certain level.
the 2 perks i talk about are medic and demolition.
they have guns in the shop u get money for if u "buy" them instead of spending. maybe u find time to look into that.

anyways, u did a great job.
keep up the good work

Sgt:)

Thanks for a feedback.

Custom weapons must be added in the ScrnBalance.ini under the main group: "[ScrnBalance.ScrnBalance]".

I checked Medic and Demolition perks: you are right, there were no discount cap set, so reaching high levels could make prices negative. I'll fix it in the next release.

Upvote 0