• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Total Game Balance + Gunslinger Perk (ScrN Balance)

Thanks for your replay.

I have a suggestion about Commando, can you make him only see the health bars of big zeds such as flesh pound, hust, scrake and final boss? Because most of time their health are really matters, and in the dark area, commando can spot monsters by their health bar more easily than seeing the monsters themselves, it feels like some kind of cheat, as for big zeds, it is not big deal since they are already big enought to be seen very easily.

I wouldn't call it a cheat, but an ability. Commando is very useful together with demo, because he can take out zeds in a smoke clouds, aiming below health bars. Seeing what other perks can't (stalkers, health bars) is a perk bonus, not a bug/cheat imo. Sorry, but I won't change it.

Upvote 0
Version 2.61 is out:

PERK BALANCE:
  • If perk's bonus level differs from current one, both perks will be drawn on the HUD.
  • Fixed 7+ level progress bars on client side.

SPAWN BALANCE:
  • Demo: Level 5 spawns with +5 nades; Level 6: +5 nades M79 [Aze]
  • Firebug: Level 5 spawns with MAC10; Level 6: Flamer only [Aze]
  • Flamer price raised to 1000 to match spawn value of other perks [Aze]

WEAPON BALANCE:
  • 75% KSG penetration damage reduction after hitting medium-size zeds (Bloats and Husks). It couldn't penetrate them before (down from 100% reduction).
  • 30% reload speed for both M4 rifles (only for bullet magazines, not M203).
  • Commando receives all bonuses for M4-203 too, excepting secondary fire (M203).
  • Changed perk descriptions to include IJC weapons and "hidden" bonuses [Aze, zy154641833]
  • [TEST] Gived up to 50% reload bonus for Commando's perked weapons (other weapons kept at 35%)
  • Hand Grenade "Cooking"
  • Initial ammo of all 3 Medic Guns lowered down to 1/4 of max ammo [Aze]
  • MP7M ammo cost lowered to 6 per magazine (down from 10)
  • MP7M 1 bullet penetration [Aze]
  • Changed MP5M initial , max and pickup ammo amount to match magazine size (x32). Init(200 -> 128), max(400 -> 512), pickup(20 -> 32).
  • up to 50% faster reload with MP5/MP7 for Medics.
  • Firebug receives up to 60% HuskGun charge rate bonus (10% per level).

To be able to cook grenade, each player must change the line in user.ini from:
Code:
Aliases[39]=(Command="ThrowGrenade",Alias="ThrowNade")
to:
Code:
Aliases[39]=(Command="CookGrenade | ThrowGrenade | OnRelease ThrowCookedGrenade",Alias="ThrowNade")
This will works both for stock game (it will throw nade) and ScrnBalance (cook it).

Upvote 0
It certainly isn't... Why the heck would TWI whitelist something that completely changes the game like this? There is probably no mention of listing because noone even bothered to submit it...

This mutator isn't whitelisted and will never be, because it is based on ServerPerks.

And it doesn't change the game so dramatically, it just balances it, making perks more or less equal. When playing ScrnBalance there always is a good place for Commando, Firebug or Medic in later HoE wave. Kiting games are still possible, just a little bit harder. And kiting games are no more zerk-exclusive, now kiting team can consist from Medics and Gunslingers as well.

Upvote 0
WEll, it doesn't change it on the surface, but you've edited just about every gun away from its stock values. thats fairly dramatic. I was just dumbfounded that someone even asked about listing status for a mutator like this.

Lol, yes. I just checked out: ScrnBalance source has grown up to 170 classes and ~10k code lines. Submitting it to the whitelist could be a nice trolling :D

Upvote 0
It certainly isn't... Why the heck would TWI whitelist something that completely changes the game like this? There is probably no mention of listing because noone even bothered to submit it...

Can't say that when you don't know the full story... Anyway, I thought it was since someone went on a server with ScrnBalance and they got perks loaded as well, so that's why.

Upvote 0
Your HSG is a worthless peace of crap...Pump Shotgun is much better now :(
Did you meant Hunting Shotgun or HSG-1 (KSG)?

Can't say that when you don't know the full story... Anyway, I thought it was since someone went on a server with ScrnBalance and they got perks loaded as well, so that's why.
Oh, maybe you're right. Because ScrN server has game config voting between original game and ScrnBalance and other mutators...

I cannot describe my approval for this mod.
Thanks.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if anyone addressed this already, but is there a way to configure the weapons' properties myself (i.e. damage, recoil, etc) ? I was looking to implement a couple of guns from this mod onto my server but due to the difference in gametype, they aren't as effective. I can't configure the Dead Space gametype to cater for these guns either so I came here. If you intended the mod to be unchangeable in this aspect by the server host, then I respect that, just thought I'd ask to make sure. :p

SMGH

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if anyone addressed this already, but is there a way to configure the weapons' properties myself (i.e. damage, recoil, etc) ? I was looking to implement a couple of guns from this mod onto my server but due to the difference in gametype, they aren't as effective. I can't configure the Dead Space gametype to cater for these guns either so I came here. If you intended the mod to be unchangeable in this aspect by the server host, then I respect that, just thought I'd ask to make sure. :p

SMGH

I think ScrnBalance's weapons are ineffective in Dead Space mutator, because Dead Space perks don't grant any bonuses for those weapons. Anyway, it isn't possible to configure any weapon stats from server admin side. If you want to customized them, you need to write own mutator (it isn't so hard even for non-programmer, if you're familiar with computer science).
There are different way to accomplish this:
  1. Override Dead Space perks to enable support of ScrnBalance weapons (recomended);
  2. Override ScrnBalance weapons to modify stats (but this way you will screw up perk progression);
  3. Ask Gartley to do #1 for you :p

What weapons are we talking about?

Upvote 0
I think ScrnBalance's weapons are ineffective in Dead Space mutator, because Dead Space perks don't grant any bonuses for those weapons. Anyway, it isn't possible to configure any weapon stats from server admin side. If you want to customized them, you need to write own mutator (it isn't so hard even for non-programmer, if you're familiar with computer science).
There are different way to accomplish this:
  1. Override Dead Space perks to enable support of ScrnBalance weapons (recomended);
  2. Override ScrnBalance weapons to modify stats (but this way you will screw up perk progression);
  3. Ask Gartley to do #1 for you :p

What weapons are we talking about?

Thanks for the reply, poosh.
My ideal choice would be to modify the weapons themselves and enable perk support of those weapons. The thing is, I'm trying to replace certain weapons purely for the aesthetic value of yours, but those weapons are perfectly balanced in the server as they are after I modified them. The weapon that I have the greatest interest in your scrnbalance mut is the multi-colored m14EBR (a blue laser in Dead Space mod, very kickass!).
So until I find myself a way to do both #1 and 2, putting it in the server would still make it ineffective :(
But nothing to sweat about, it just would've been awesome to have some of your weapons in the server. :eek:

Oh and the weapons I was interested in are the modified husk launcher, rocket launcher, and m14EBR.

SMGH

Last edited:
Upvote 0
First, you should read this tutorial written by Benjamin.

Example showing how to quickly modify M14s base damage and headshot multiplier:

Code:
//Origianl code taken from Benjamin's tutorial
class AlteredWeaponMut extends Mutator;

function PostBeginPlay()
{
    class'ScrnBalance.ScrnDamTypeM14EBR'.default.HeadShotDamageMult= 2.30;
    class'ScrnBalance.ScrnM14EBRFire'.default.DamageMax = 80;

}

defaultproperties
{
	GroupName="KFAlteredWeaponMut"
	FriendlyName="Altered Weapon Mutator"
	Description="Example mutator demonstrating how to alter existing weapons."
}
Simply compile this and add it to your mutator list.

Upvote 0
Version 3 is out!
Main new feature of v3 release is a custom weapon support for ScrN perks.

There are lots of community-made weapons available over internet. As an example, let's take G36C made by FluX. Server admins can easily download it, install on their server and add to the shop. Then start the game, select Commando perk, go to the trader... and see G36 still costs

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Spoiler!

Upvote 0