• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Half-Dead's Random Replacement Release Thread

Another (and probably final for now) update for Modern Warfare weapons

-Added Shotgun (It's a spas due to lack of a proper model)
-Added Combat Shotgun
-Added MP5M
-Fixed sights on the 9mm
-Fixed sight angle and lighting issue (hopefully) on M4
-Updated the texture on the 9mm

Anyways i'm going to take a break from MW weapons to work on some other projects. Stay tuned! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
thanks for this thread and all of your work, half-dead. i really enjoy the mw3 weapons for a change and also that several people work together to get the best out of this like firewarriors skinjobs and gartleys mut. just shows once more (and that's something i really like about these forums) that people can be creative just for fun and without having an attitude about it that weirdens everyone out. despite the fact that there are some waldorf and statlers on here i think most of the players are rather thankful than b-i-ew-tch-ey (who's your daddy, censorship?), they just don't express it all the time. keep up the good work (@ all the fellow modders, mappers & skinners too)! :)

Upvote 0
Another (and probably final for now) update for Modern Warfare weapons

-Added Shotgun (It's a spas due to lack of a proper model)
-Added Combat Shotgun
-Added MP5M
-Fixed sights on the 9mm
-Fixed sight angle and lighting issue (hopefully) on M4
-Updated the texture on the 9mm

Anyways i'm going to take a break from MW weapons to work on some other projects. Stay tuned! :)

Dang. Just when I finished downloading the first one.

Oh well, downloading again.

Upvote 0
I don't quite sure that, it is for me only or not,
but the m4 still has a little rotated sight and the dark when idle on certain height though ..
can anyone confirm this ?

edit: just to make it clear

M4203 idle on ground ..
Spoiler!

M4 idle on ground ..
Spoiler!

M4 idle on fence ...
Spoiler!

and here's something else that i notice ...

M4 on fence, reloading (look on the model near the hand, something shows up).
Spoiler!

M4203, the same 'thing' shows up during the firing ...
Spoiler!

I thought that these are something that should let you know :)

thanks for the replacements anyways, nice jobs ! :IS2: ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I haven't no. Tell you what, you get the 3rd person models into a package and I'll do the rest.
Sure thing. Give me a little time as I got a busy two weeks at work (this and next) plus im also doing my G36C project.

Whoever possible, could you send me the 3ds max models so I could do it for you? I only ask to save me time doing it all myself. Cheers in advance :)

Upvote 0
Ah this is weird as im now having this problem with a weapon im porting over. There must be something in the weapon file doing it.

is this for the pickup file?

if so, make sure in your weapon file, it points towards your pickup class.

also, with pickup classes, it is better to extend from the original class and not a weapon class.

can one of you post you pickup class, so we can see if there is an issue?

Upvote 0
is this for the pickup file?

if so, make sure in your weapon file, it points towards your pickup class.

also, with pickup classes, it is better to extend from the original class and not a weapon class.

can one of you post you pickup class, so we can see if there is an issue?
Sadly mine is just the first person model but also when I import my idle animation, it only moves the hands and not the gun...grrrrr im tempted to give up my work for this weapon lol.

Upvote 0
Sadly mine is just the first person model but also when I import my idle animation, it only moves the hands and not the gun...grrrrr im tempted to give up my work for this weapon lol.

hmmm it sounds like your linking is a little off.

Make sure your gun is linked to the Root bone and the hands are linked to the gun.
Also, make sure everything you need is selected before exporting.

As for the texture, it may be a material no is off in the animation or, the skin is not loading with the weapon file.

Please don't give up.. :)

Upvote 0
hmmm it sounds like your linking is a little off.

Make sure your gun is linked to the Root bone and the hands are linked to the gun.
Also, make sure everything you need is selected before exporting.

As for the texture, it may be a material no is off in the animation or, the skin is not loading with the weapon file.

Please don't give up.. :)
Well it works in 3ds max but not in SDK.

Sorry Half-Dead for this, shouldn't really be talking about this here.

Upvote 0