• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Half-Dead's Random Replacement Release Thread

Working on a zed replacement have the clot and crawler mostly done.
uQwgFk.jpg

Upvote 0
Nova6ZombiesinMoon.png

Looks like em yes.

Are you going for a mutator now that TWI stated the replacement method is not supported?

To quote yoshiro

Source has a system in place for client side changes (and a setting for servers to force clients to not use it).

Unreal does not have such a system, and we do not support it. The proper way to have custom content both on client and server is via a mutator.

It would be a shame to make all these great zed mods and in the end they wouldnt be supported by TWI. :)
Maybe do them both?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would love to also make these their own zeds but unfortunately i'm still pretty new to the unreal engine. I wouldn't even know where to start. If anyone would like to do it though once i release the models i'd be grateful.

I can do this for you in prob 5 minutes. All I need is the models and textures. Preferably in their own files. We can either create seperate mutators for them, or even create an entire gametype to support them.(that will take a little longer) :)

I can also teach you how to do it if you want? Maybe even prep some files so you can get started really fast?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can do this for you in prob 5 minutes. All I need is the models and textures. Preferably in their own files. We can either create seperate mutators for them, or even create an entire gametype to support them.(that will take a little longer) :)

I can also teach you how to do it if you want? Maybe even prep some files so you can get started really fast?

That'd be pretty awesome of you to do that. When I'm done with the models I'd love to learn how to make them mutators.

Also gorefast. Meatier and veinier than ever!
3tfaAV.jpg

Upvote 0
That'd be pretty awesome of you to do that. When I'm done with the models I'd love to learn how to make them mutators.
If you do make them. You should make 2 versions
Version 1 would just be a skin replacment (So it can be whitelisted, like with weapons)
Version 2 would be making them new zeds (would obviously take longer if your new to UT)

Also well you be makeing the Shrieker replace the siren and Engineer replace bloat :p
Spoiler!

Upvote 0