• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Half-Dead's Random Replacement Release Thread

Here is trick...

First, verify your original KF files first.
Install the revised versions, but when it asks you to overwrite the UCL files in the system folder, don't it.

Instead use the attached UCL files. I just changed the file and character names so it shows up in addition to the original KF files.

Copy it into your KillingFloor\System folder. It won't overwrite anything.

Then add these "models" to ServerPerks or Flux's Custom Character mods - model listings using the file names without the UCL extension.

It will show up if you run your own listen or dedicated servers now with either of those mutators.

But it won't show up on internet servers unless the servers are also running the same UCL files or have replaced the character with these files.

I joined a Russian server and the skins did show up for some of the players. You should be able to select it since you have the UCL files associated now.

It won't overwrite or screw up your default KF files.

Attachments

• LondonPolice.zip
    941 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here is trick...

First, verify your original KF files first.
Install the revised versions, but when it asks you to overwrite the UCL files in the system folder, don't it.

Instead use the attached UCL files. I just changed the file and character names so it shows up in addition to the original KF files.

Copy it into your KillingFloor\System folder. It won't overwrite anything.

Then add these "models" to ServerPerks or Flux's Custom Character mods - model listings using the file names without the UCL extension.

It will show up if you run your own listen or dedicated servers now with either of those mutators.

But it won't show up on internet servers unless the servers are also running the same UCL files or have replaced the character with these files.

I joined a Russian server and the skins did show up for some of the players. You should be able to select it since you have the UCL files associated now.

It won't overwrite or screw up your default KF files.
That'd make it NOT white-listed if I use server perks or Flux's Custom Character mods. And as I said before, many times, OTHER MODS which do EXACTLY same thing WORK for me, just not these made by Half-Dead. Also, I verified the KF files too, and it didn't help. Only thing it did was made me have to fix my .ini file again.

Upvote 0
Added MW3 AK-47 to OP

siHSen.jpg

Upvote 0
I like the new weapons but on PURE servers, it would start to redownload the stock weapon animation and textures for both AK and M4.

No problem with the zed textures though... It might be better if there was another way just for non-whitelisted server use such as renaming the animation and texture files then modifying only the UCL file.

Upvote 0
Thanks Half Dead.

You can try to connect to any of the Wolf Pack Clan servers for testing. As soon as I connected, it started to re-download the stock AK and M4 texture animations (which were no compressed and was slow).

Same on "The Dedicated" server. I had to reinstall the original files then connected with no downloading of stock content.

The old school zed skins works perfectly though... I'm thinking it is a server side setting affect this.

Upvote 0
Thanks Half Dead.

You can try to connect to any of the Wolf Pack Clan servers for testing. As soon as I connected, it started to re-download the stock AK and M4 texture animations (which were no compressed and was slow).

Same on "The Dedicated" server. I had to reinstall the original files then connected with no downloading of stock content.

The old school zed skins works perfectly though... I'm thinking it is a server side setting affect this.

I haven't had any issues with re-downloading yet, and I've been on a few servers with the weapon replacements. I'd be interested to know what the variable is that's responsible for it though. (That way I can make sure it's disabled on mine.)

Upvote 0
Thanks Half Dead.

Interesting, I tried to join a WPC server like you and it started to redownload the files. But anywhere else i went it's fine. What i suggest doing is having the original files if you plan on playing on WPC servers. But the majority (like 99%) of the servers you join should be fine.

Upvote 0
I think it may be a mod conflict for servers. I tested again on a few non modded servers and it works fine like you said.

When I join a server running serverperks, it would start to download different versions of content with the same file name. I think it has something to do with the way servers cache the files in use or it is enforcing file consistency.

Is there a tool to take a resource file and put that into the KF CACHE folder? I think if we can put the original files into the cache folder, it would allow us to use your files client side, and when we join those specific servers, the original files now in cache would show up instead.

Upvote 0