• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Half-Dead's Random Replacement Release Thread

Half-Dead

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
Seattle, WA
Hey I'm Half-Dead. The guy that threw together the KF Skinning guide ages ago. I've been getting back into Killing Floor lately and decided to have some fun modding it...and by modding i mean replacing things whether it be player models, Zeds or weapons. Anything that i make that isn't a huge release will be in this thread so check it when your bored. There may be something new! :) Also feel free to leave a comment! I love getting responses. Finally feel free to make the replacements stand alone if you so choose. As long as you give me and the other authors credit.

London Police
------------------------------
Spoiler!

Soldiers of Killing Floor

Grittier Zeds

Modern Warfare Weapons
Spoiler!

Classic Zeds
Spoiler!

Creepy Clots
Spoiler!

More Coming Soon!

Last edited:
IIRC you can use them without breaking perk progression (might need to double check) and what ever model they replace will be replaced for you. So anyone using Briar or Wilkes in this case will be seen by YOU as the police skins. If you select the skin, people will see Briar or Wilkes and not the police officer. It's a client side only mod.

Upvote 0
IIRC you can use them without breaking perk progression (might need to double check) and what ever model they replace will be replaced for you. So anyone using Briar or Wilkes in this case will be seen by YOU as the police skins. If you select the skin, people will see Briar or Wilkes and not the police officer. It's a client side only mod.
Oh awesome! Ima grabbin this one :D

EDIT: WTF it doesn't work and it totally messed up my KF! Everytime I try to change character to the cop or a guy with cop skin joins server I am on I get this critical error:

Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2616 MHz with 2046MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT (9610)

General protection fault!

History: FD3D9RenderInterface::SetMaterial <- USkeletalMeshInstance::Render <- FDynamicActor::Render <- FActorSceneNode::Render <- UCanvas::execDrawActorClipped <- (KFModelSelect Package.KFModelSelect @ Function GUI2K4.UT2k4ModelSelect.InternalOnDraw : 0182) <- UObject::processEvent <- (KFModelSelect Package.KFModelSelect, Function GUI2K4.UT2k4ModelSelect.InternalOnDraw) <- UObject::processDelegate <- UGUIMultiComponent::DrawControls <- (KFModelSelect Package.KFModelSelect) <- GUIMultiComponent::Draw <- (KFModelSelect Package.KFModelSelect) <- GUIPage::Draw <- (KFModelSelect Package.KFModelSelect) <- GUIController::NativePostRender <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessPostRender <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Bez tytułu <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Edit 2:
Now I finally got a bit further with it and could choose my character to be the cop... and just take a look at this:
1zly9fc.jpg

Edit 3: Now again error when I joined server and tried to choose the cop.

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2615 MHz with 2046MB RAM

History: FD3D9RenderInterface::SetMaterial <- USkeletalMeshInstance::Render <- FDynamicActor::Render <- RenderLevel <- kf-westlondon.myLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level KF-WestLondon <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Edit 4:
That's it, I can't play with this thing, my KF keeps shutting itself with fatal error, and I didn't make backups so I totally can't get it back to normal! Can someone please give me original files so I can get it back to normal?
:(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Edit 4:
That's it, I can't play with this thing, my KF keeps shutting itself with fatal error, and I didn't make backups so I totally can't get it back to normal! Can someone please give me original files so I can get it back to normal? :(
Verify your KF lol. By the way you must of installed this wrongly to get this problem. Just to make sure, is anyone else getting any problems?

Upvote 0
Verify your KF lol. By the way you must of installed this wrongly to get this problem. Just to make sure, is anyone else getting any problems?
How could I have installed it wrongly? I just unpacked to my KF folder...
And Verifying my KF I bet would end up making me have to start from beginning isn't it? I mean, it'd delete all mutators I downloaded and maps plus cookies right? :confused:

Upvote 0
verification finds MISSING files and replaces them
verifying does not CHANGE files to my knowledge -
i've verified 30 or 40 times and never lost a mutator - your fine.
essentially, its good for getting a default kf.ini. also, you can just search in the KF directory for whatever files this mutator included (you should get what, a model, texture, system files...) and just delete them.

Upvote 0
verification finds MISSING files and replaces them
verifying does not CHANGE files to my knowledge -
i've verified 30 or 40 times and never lost a mutator - your fine.
essentially, its good for getting a default kf.ini. also, you can just search in the KF directory for whatever files this mutator included (you should get what, a model, texture, system files...) and just delete them.
Yeah the kf.ini I don't want default, but anyway I found solution, 2 files are added so those I deleted, 2 other files are replacements so I just asked a friend to send me original ones and I will see if this will help, but I bet it will :)

Anyway, is it only me who has problems with this mod? :confused:

EDIT: Okay, now all works fine. Phew! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost1942
Upvote 0
Actually I hope it's not a prob but may I suggest adding red spy for blue pyro? :rolleyes: I mean, I'd love to see Spy and Pyro together in KF :p

EDIT: The skins still don't work. My game crashes when I choose the policeman (either of both), couldn't test Harry though since I don't have that DLC.

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2615 MHz with 2046MB RAM

History: FD3D9RenderInterface::SetMaterial <- USkeletalMeshInstance::Render <- FDynamicActor::Render <- FActorSceneNode::Render <- UCanvas::execDrawActorClipped <- (KFModelSelect Package.KFModelSelect @ Function GUI2K4.UT2k4ModelSelect.InternalOnDraw : 0182) <- UObject::processEvent <- (KFModelSelect Package.KFModelSelect, Function GUI2K4.UT2k4ModelSelect.InternalOnDraw) <- UObject::processDelegate <- UGUIMultiComponent::DrawControls <- (KFModelSelect Package.KFModelSelect) <- GUIMultiComponent::Draw <- (KFModelSelect Package.KFModelSelect) <- GUIPage::Draw <- (KFModelSelect Package.KFModelSelect) <- GUIController::NativePostRender <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessPostRender <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Bez tytułu <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

EDIT 2: Just tried some other ones by other people and I dont have this problem with other replacements, it's just the ones you made which dont work for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The skins work fine for me and any other PC i test them on. It must be on your end
Explain then how it's possible that all other mods I tested which changed skins actually worked for me, but the ones you made, don't? :confused:
I mean, sure, could be on my end if that happened with all mods of same kind, but I tried it with other mods which did exactly same thing, just different skins and authors, and they DO work like a charm. I tried your skins like, I don't know, 5 times, re-downloading, re-"installing", and it didn't help at all. Other mods I tried which also changed skins, had exactly same scheme of installing and they worked 100%, no errors, nothing, they just worked. All the 3 mods you made I tried, none of those 3 works, those 2 cops and Harry, all 3 don't work for me, unlike other mods I tried. If you want I can search again for links for those mods which work for me.

EDIT:
Okay, found the topic from which I took those mods, the one I am using mostly btw is Mechacarnivore.
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=42074

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have the skins running now. You need to download the REVISED version at the first post and over write the texture files and UCL files.

It is a great mod. Adds new atmosphere to KF!

I have a request though : Any chance of FEMALE police officers? I mean, both in the yellow jacket and blue uniform? Since the female sound pack will be out soon.

Upvote 0
I have the skins running now. You need to download the REVISED version at the first post and over write the texture files and UCL files.
As I said, I did that already, and it screwed up my KF. I tried with other mods from this link:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=42074
All of them you instal exactly same way and they work for me, just the ones made by Half-Dead don't work for me. As I said - I re-downloaded from first post and over wrote the texture files and ucl files, 5 times, and it did NOT help.

Upvote 0