• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Trader Manager

Benjamin

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2009
France
Trader Manager

Just a small something I've been working on the past few days. I've been contemplating the large number of (sometimes not so unique) weapons that we have in the trader, and decided it would be good to have a way to put a limit on which items are available, either on a game basis or a per-map basis. Since it doesn't allow for any kind of exploit, I'm hoping to have it whitelisted.

Note that you cannot add new weapons via this mutator/actor, since that would be exploitable when the mutator/actor gets whitelisted. It's just a safe, (hopefully to be) whitelisted way of removing some unwanted weapons from the trader, either for the purpose of a particular map or a whole game.

Features

• Give your map a specific, limited selection of weapons.
  • Give your server (or game) a specific, limited selection of weapons.
  • Either choose which weapons to disable, or choose which are enabled.
Usage

If you want to limit the available trader weapons on your map, simply add the TraderManagerActor actor and adjust its properties accordingly.

If you want to limit the available trader items on your server (or in your single player game regardless of the map), use the included mutator and either adjust its settings in the INI or the mutator config page.

Download

Download it here.

-

Attachments

• TraderManager01.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 1
  • TraderManager01(Source).zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reactions: FluX
Ho, good idea but you can still modify level trader inventory in map by adding into level KFLevelRules actor (Info > ReplicationInfo), but don't forget to set in it's properties bNoDelete = true for it to work in multiplayer.

This is designed to work a little differently. Its main purpose, and the reason I designed it, is to allow the map creator/mutator user to disable selected weapons, rather than providing a list of weapons to use.

(Also, the primary feature here is the mutator :))

Upvote 0