• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mod Release - KF Gun Game v. 0.60 Alpha - New Maps!

[TW]Ramm-Jaeger

Tripwire Interactive President
Oct 11, 2005
www.redorchestragame.com
Killing Floor Gun Game Mod version 0.60 Alpha is now available for download. Here is what the update includes:

- New Maps TR_Bloreen, TR_BloreenLowGrav, TR_BloreenReduxLowGrav,
- Fixed the view getting stuck misaligned from dying (this was particularly a problem with the Crossbow)
- Added new sounds and messaging to let players know what is going on and make the game more exciting
- Increased knife damage to make it easier to steal levels from other players by knife killing them
- Fixed getting stuck with the low health sound/overlay if your health was low when you won the match

Server admins can grab the download from here (clients should just download from game servers):
http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/GG/GunGame_Alpha_060.zip

Don't know what Gun Game is? Check out more information (including how to set up servers) here:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=72741

I've got a couple of servers running the mod as well if you want to try it out:

174.34.163.194:7707 KF - TWI Devs KF Server ATL #1
174.34.163.194:7727 KF - TWI Devs KF Server ATL #2

Bug - you only get the revolvers with 6 shots instead of 12. Or is that intentional? Also... IDK about the teamplay. Played maybe 3 hours of this so far, and having teams just kinda sets the game into 2 sided warfare... a 20 person FFA game mode would be awesome, much more spontanious than now - currently one team gains the upper hand and once thats there it kinda turns into spawn camp warfare, which is not fun for the camped team.

Therefore I ask - Is it possible to redo the spawns on each map and save them off as FFA maps? So you have "room, room(lowgravity), roomFFA" ect.?

Upvote 0
first??? I got Grimpen and Westlondon ever since first release lol. BlockParty and Purpelish are also converted. Its piss-easy converting maps for this mod, problem is...as Ramm allready told us....KF Maps generally DONT WORK in sense of gameplay. You need small maps that are designed for this mod. Those work the best. :)

Upvote 0
first??? I got Grimpen and Westlondon ever since first release lol. BlockParty and Purpelish are also converted. Its piss-easy converting maps for this mod, problem is...as Ramm allready told us....KF Maps generally DONT WORK in sense of gameplay. You need small maps that are designed for this mod. Those work the best. :)

Do you think i can grab WestLondon off you sometime? For a standard map I think that would play quite well.

Upvote 0

When I converted purplish I actually changed the whole map to make it fit for GG mode, I only kept the same name because it has the same theme

Upvote 0
Well good for you, but I haven't written that the one had been FIRST, but "First modifications of KF maps" and I was presenting Deck16, which btw we find VERY accurate for GunGameMod style.

Upvote 0
So, i've played this a bit, but so far I can't connect reliably. I have good internet, but every time its like "ping of 90" the bounces to "ping of 500". Makes the game near unplayable, and I know its not people stealing my internet or anything. Its just poor stability. Also, There are games where I come as close to domination as one of my skill can get, and then there's games where no matter what, the 9mm is where it stops. balancing would be wonderful, because if you don't dominate the start with excellent ping, your screwed for the next 5 minutes.

Upvote 0