• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Weapon] Gauss Rifle

Gooblaster

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Heres the Gauss Rifle :D

Thanks to the people who helped us throughout!

Download

Source code is also included in the download.

Stats:
50 Max ammo
5 ammo per mag
250 damage per shot
4x headshot multiplier
Weight 12
It costs 0 dollars for now, so people can easily buy the weapon and play with it.

Also, the gun doesn't work exactly like the Gauss Rifle you find in the other games.

Please post any bugs you find, thanks!
Also i need to know how overpowered/weak the weapon is so i can balance it more properly.

Credits: ro_sauce, FZFalzar, Sorrow, pasyy, Edika and me

Screenshots:

1059CDF83B6F4A1CE4DFDA74EB5EFBE71B6E6978

55DE3F07688572C35562BFFDAF6F71417EF73726

Last edited:
I will gladly test this :p

DOES IT GO THRU WALLS??? THAT'S THE BIG QUESTION.

also, whats the map/is it whitelisted? - i don't have time to search thru the maps myself so when people post screenies of promising looking ones i have to ask :p

No it doesnt go through walls but it does have huge penetration. The bullet goes through all the mobs :D

The map is pretty old, its called KF-Fortress

Upvote 0
haha. OK.

First impressions - funky looking model gives it a fun flair. reload animation is fun to watch. BUT - its very hard to use. Reload is long, gun is verrry heavy, and its not the easiest thing to hipfire either :p Once i got to husks it got pretty hard to maintain tempo when every fireball knocks down the scope... I was only testing in solo mode, so that didn't help however.

bugs
- several times i shot, i never saw a bullet, or impact. Just heard teh noise. Sometimes a zed would die, other times they wouldnt twitch even tho i would swear i hit them. I have no idea what could cause this...
-reload - sometimes the anims seem to change in order... He'll crank then pop out the mag and pop a new one in, other times he pops it out and cranks. Is that intentional?

Suggestions - slow up the firespeed and fire anims to give the weapons a smooth feel. Add more rounds to the mag but keep teh number of max rounds. Doing what someone suggested before and adding light and electricity anims to teh gun, and possibly some kind of animated bullet, would be very cool. personally, i'd like teh scope to be slightly lower powered. Apart form mountain pass, i don't need to see that far and could really use then easier target tracking.

Good work!

Upvote 0
haha. OK.

First impressions - funky looking model gives it a fun flair. reload animation is fun to watch. BUT - its very hard to use. Reload is long, gun is verrry heavy, and its not the easiest thing to hipfire either :p Once i got to husks it got pretty hard to maintain tempo when every fireball knocks down the scope... I was only testing in solo mode, so that didn't help however.

bugs
- several times i shot, i never saw a bullet, or impact. Just heard teh noise. Sometimes a zed would die, other times they wouldnt twitch even tho i would swear i hit them. I have no idea what could cause this...
-reload - sometimes the anims seem to change in order... He'll crank then pop out the mag and pop a new one in, other times he pops it out and cranks. Is that intentional?

Suggestions - slow up the firespeed and fire anims to give the weapons a smooth feel. Add more rounds to the mag but keep teh number of max rounds. Doing what someone suggested before and adding light and electricity anims to teh gun, and possibly some kind of animated bullet, would be very cool. personally, i'd like teh scope to be slightly lower powered. Apart form mountain pass, i don't need to see that far and could really use then easier target tracking.

Good work!

Thanks for trying it out! I didnt have time to do anything the past few days. I'll fix stuff slowly as i dont really have much time yet.

Upvote 0
I dont know how to make the gun do that lol :eek:
You could probably set a second trace which starts at your end point, cast a trace through the wall and the end point will be when it exits then create another trace for firing which starts at the end point of when the bullet leaves the wall. That's how I would do it, though.

Upvote 0
You could probably set a second trace which starts at your end point, cast a trace through the wall and the end point will be when it exits then create another trace for firing which starts at the end point of when the bullet leaves the wall. That's how I would do it, though.

Thanks for the tip! I'll learn more about it :)

Funky cranking sound xD

Upvote 0