• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Operation Dark Cell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally respect that you make mods for the love of making mods and that is all good and fine. But even so, you deserve the respect and support whether you want it or not. And that is something the modders dont get.

Instead you get someone who thinks they're god, that comes in and rips your work apart after you've taken time and effort over it. I dont care how you cut the paper, that is out of order and it makes the modder feel like crap. And that is seen as acceptable on the forums.

For example:

Hunter is talking about SMIFF who pulled his KF Zombies mod down. It was seen to be acceptable that SMIFF was allowed to call Hunters mod Junk.

It goes beyond whether modders want the respect or not.

That post still stands today. It aint acceptable. Thats why I dont blame modders like Hunter leaving. Why should you all have to put up with that kind of disrespect.

It all then falls on TWI's shoulders. If they want people to continue to support their games and make mods for them, they need to shut people like SMIFF up, whether he's been here from day 1 or not, its not acceptable. People like him are whats driving modders away. Whether you want to admit it or not, that is plain fact.

Thank you and I am glad that you appreciate our/my work.

As far as the smiff thing goes, yes it was a very hurtful and underhanded thing to say but it seems, that everyone is ignoring every other post in that thread and just concentrating on one small minded person's opinion.
The thread is full of encouragement and praise for the mod but even if it wasn't, criticism isn't always a bad thing.

If one person can dissuade you from doing something that you enjoy doing by making one nasty comment, then I will say it again, don't do it in the first place as you must be doing it for the wrong reasons and it is inevitable that someone isn't going to like what you are doing.

Upvote 0
Look at WaloWizard. That guy took on what he called "The Fossils" and went against them, he ended up getting banned. Sad thing is, he was right in what he was saying, the forums are backwards. The least important section has pride of place.

Did I hear my name? :eek: Da Wizard is Back!

And I get censored for a month or so, I return and Hunter is gone... I hate to say I told you so but...

This Is Dead.

Upvote 0
they need to shut people like SMIFF up, whether he's been here from day 1 or not, its not acceptable. People like him are whats driving modders away. Whether you want to admit it or not, that is plain fact.
Yeah I totally agree about SMIFF, he totally disrespects most of modders and mods, ideas, and everything what's creative.

Besides, not only WaloWizard got banned for that, I was banned, too, if you didn't notice :rolleyes:

Did I hear my name? :eek: Da Wizard is Back!

And I get censored for a month or so, I return and Hunter is gone... I hate to say I told you so but...
And you got banned RIGHT after I got banned if you remember well ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If one person can dissuade you from doing something that you enjoy doing by making one nasty comment, then I will say it again, don't do it in the first place as you must be doing it for the wrong reasons and it is inevitable that someone isn't going to like what you are doing.

Says it all really, Hunter needs to stop being such a baby and get thicker skin.

The least he could do is pass his mod on to someone else instead of just leaving it to die.

Upvote 0
Yeah I totally agree about SMIFF, he totally disrespects most of modders and mods, ideas, and everything what's creative.

Besides, not only WaloWizard got banned for that, I was banned, too, if you didn't notice :rolleyes:

Yeah I noticed you were on "vacation". Didn't realise it was a similar thing you got banned for too. Thats rediculous mate, like I say, these forums are backwards.

Upvote 0
Says it all really, Hunter needs to stop being such a baby and get thicker skin.

not 100% sure of the reason(s) why he quit, so not going to agree to that one

The least he could do is pass his mod on to someone else instead of just leaving it to die.

100% agree

like I say, these forums are backwards.

then why do you come here?

Upvote 0
And you got banned RIGHT after I got banned if you remember well ;)

I didn't see actually as I was whipping fossil anus all over. But good to know I'm not alone brother.

Owe SMIFF... you old glass wipe...

Have you ever considered trading in your vigina for a set of balls?

I just loooove how you continue to disrespect Hunter when he's gone and can't defend himself.

And I just can't get enough of how you disrespect him... then say how he should pass his work on... are you really that slack minded... or do you really believe that what you're saying is correct?

I'm going to go with slack minded... I don't believe you're smart enough to have a normal conversation are you SMIFFENA?

Upvote 0
^^ :rolleyes: and here it comes again......

walo, can I please remind you of your so called friend Hunter, that when he first came to the forums, jumped on the fossil bashing wagon and accused Marco of stealing! and what was his defence? Marco was nothing more than a fossil and the forums were built around people like that.
Don't believe me, read Marco's sig.

lol it wasn't until, I posted that Marco was on the original mod team, that he realised what he had done wrong and soon apologised profusely and the sad thing was, I was the only **** here that backed Marco up, all the fossil haters were out in force that day.
The really sad part is, I shouldn't of had to play that card, as if you were a decent person and took 5 minutes from your day, to look through Marco's posts, you would have seen what a helpful person he is and how he has done nothing but encourage new modders and help them.

I only learnt that very week, that he was on the original team but still had the same amount of respect for him up until that point.

Also with Hunter, remember that he threatened (his words) to take his bat and ball and go home, because he received negative rep on his zombie post. huh? what's that about?
Is that what it means to be a modder to you guys?

edit.

if it was down to the 'he couldn't take criticism' then I do agree with smiff.

It is just a shame though that he built up so much anticipation of his mods and then left without even sharing what he had done.
If that was me and I had to intention of following through on my commitments, I wouldn't have bothered in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Olivier
Upvote 0
lol it wasn't until, I posted that Marco was on the original mod team, that he realised what he had done wrong and soon apologised profusely

End of story, he apologised... which is more than any of the fossil turd stacks do. Dont compare them with Hunter when Hunter had the decency to apologise and they dont.

Also with Hunter, remember that he threatened (his words) to take his bat and ball and go home, because he received negative rep on his zombie post. huh? what's that about?
Is that what it means to be a modder to you guys?

Dont get all noble on us brainbox... you stayed through it all yada yada yada... its easy to stay when your in the group doing the bashing... and dont make out as if Hunter is alone in his walk out... modder upon modder have gone... sure they didn't give reasons... but putting 2 and 2 together... you get the picture.

if it was down to the 'he couldn't take criticism' then I do agree with smiff.

It is just a shame though that he built up so much anticipation of his mods and then left without even sharing what he had done.
If that was me and I had to intention of following through on my commitments, I wouldn't have bothered in the first place.

I wouldn't agree with SMIFFENA if my eye balls were on fire and he had the only water to put them out... SMIFFENA talks crap, no two ways about it. Modders, barring yourself, hate the guy.

As for being noble again brain.... parden the rhym... Hunter isn't you... and you dont get the last word over other peoples views in life. So with that said... continue to act like the high and mighty... other people dont agree with disrespect... its not criticism like you make out... its one person being a prick.

And to your earlier post of not letting one person bring you down. Thats like saying hey... dont let this one match stick blow up that petrol station, that petrol station must be weak if it let one match stick blow it up.

Get the metaphor?

Edit: Owe, and if we're talking about quotes in sigs... Doesn't Hunter have one in his that quotes Evanz calling him selfish? Hunter has contributed plenty to the community, and when he gets called selfish... thats fine...

Bet Evanz never apologised...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
2rwkr6b.jpg

Upvote 0
Way to start another flare up thread - Hunter was always a little on the ropes with his commitment to KF, but he's gone, no need to throw accusations... as for the rest of this stuff... Walo, you were given a vacation once, and you think they won't just do it again if your posts are 100% slander? you've 45 posts and i don't think i've ever seen one thats constructive :/

Upvote 0
Way to start another flare up thread - Hunter was always a little on the ropes with his commitment to KF, but he's gone, no need to throw accusations... as for the rest of this stuff... Walo, you were given a vacation once, and you think they won't just do it again if your posts are 100% slander? you've 45 posts and i don't think i've ever seen one thats constructive :/

Lol, the moderators are gone. Anyone can pretty much type what he thinks and chances are that you're gonna get away with it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.