• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Specimen :: The Fatale

Hemi

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 30, 2010
This one didnt have a page yet. So just to plug it a bit. Here you go :

header.png

THE FATALE

A simple mutator of a "Husk" type of enemy. It spawns on wave 6 on a long game, and shoots flame-pipebombs.

I like how you're finally releasing these :) Has her power been downgraded since her release onto your servers? I havn't played there in a while, but she was extra OP even to lvl6 people lol.

Also, you gotta go back and update your Moss12 and then submit all this content to whitelist people. Maybe not the pulse rifle, but def the zeds. SHiver, hellfire, fatale ect.

Upvote 0
I must admit, this isn't the sort of specimen i'll have on my server. Looks great, sounds seem more like the siren but the attacks are seriously simple based. I don't want to sound negative here mate as it's nicely done but seems too simple and too alike the others to fit properly. She tends to miss most the time doing no damage at all.

There is too many "husk" type specimens to be honest plus having the Hellfire around...he just owns all when it comes to the "husk" type.

Hope you understand :)

Upvote 0
I honestly liked the idea of her having a regular grenade launcher better. That so because it gives the Demolitions perk a reason to have his explosive resistances (other than for selfdamage and Patty rockets).

The Fatale could (if to be added as a regular specimen) have a decent explosive resistance, but not near immunity (like the Husk has against fire), and have less health than a Husk, move slower, fire at a slower rate but keep the "bouncing projectile". I like that, gives you some time.

All that make it seem a bit underpowered compared to the Husk. But, the grenade should basicly deal as much damage as the Husk's fireball, just that it deals everything in an instant (far deadlier) and in a bit bigger aoe PLUS obscuring the vision with smoke.

Seems to fill a niche for sure then :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
trust me.... you might think shes underpowered....but when a player stands on her bombs and goes off...yer fcked... :)
That is the ONLY good side I see to her attack as it seems she pretty much don't touch you at all otherwise lol :p I think small adjustments might actually make her far more deadlier but I only tried this on a single 4 player suicidal game.

Upvote 0
After one of the recent server updates the Fatale character quit working on my server. I can use the mod in solo, but if I attempt to play the game online none of the clients can successfully obtain the KF_FataleSnd file.

Fatale.png

As you can see the percentage just keeps on climbing well past 100%.

I just went ahead and made a fix myself. It's attached below. Just replace Fatale.u and Fatale.ucl with the files.

excuse me? .... Do you want to cause mismatches everywere? REMOVE this link please. And the fastredirect problem has been there for ages. Just rename the KF_FataleSnd and try eg KF_FataleSND or KF_Fatalesnd.

Do not post fixes of my mutators with the same name! Thank you.

EDIT : these mutator files are not restricted to the TWI boards only. Your causing mismatch heaven with your so-called fix. Ergo...you didnt fix it...you made it worse!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just replace Fatale.u and Fatale.ucl with the files.

There lies the problem, you didnt rename the .u or .ucl, thus causing a mismatch when joining a server that still is running my old version.

Ill be happy to update the Fatale with your version, but ill have to check what you did to it first. Drop me a PM with the files, and ill have a look. If all checks out ill give you the credit on the launch page and update the download, and we can move on. :)

ps : Just ask me next time, or rename the package. We don't bite, only when you dont rename packages lol. ;)

Upvote 0
Sorry about my wording. I meant to delete the Fatale.u and Fatale.ucl before placing the FataleV2.u and FataleV2.ucl into the directory. I did rename the files. I just worded my instructions poorly in that post.
Personally i'd say change the name anyway. Calling it FataleV2 is making it sound like Hemi updated it himself instead of some random person who done it for him. Leave the "official" names for the authors. You're Better off calling it NKFataleFiX or so.

P.S. Nice to see you back Hemi, hope you enjoyed your time off.

Upvote 0