• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Re-skin/Mutator] The Rotting

The Rotting is coming...very soon.

Just dropping by to say that I didnt find the time to work on a map for this mod, got torn beetween multiple projects and I dont rly even have time to finish those so starting yet another one would be pointless atm. :(

MAYBE I have something done for later versions but I wont promise anything.

(The other projects include a full remake of one of my old maps, and setting up a modded server with custom perks/specimens/weapons which all have to be coded and that takes ages. Also I should still finish this funmap Ive been working on with a friend and some people have been pestering me about finish it lol... And all that is basically worked on during weekends only if Im not doing anything else.)

Upvote 0
Allright,the mod is about to get released,so ive come up with some final suggestions:

Make the mod fully configurable(Options to remove some variations/sub bosses).

Updates should be released in the form of "addons",someone already pointed that out.

And here are some maps that would fit The Rotting:

KF-Wickedcity(Made by Dextronaut)
KF 2008/2005 Map packs(Created by Alex,ported by Dex)
KF-StillAlive(HaTeMe im looking at you)
KF-Grevona(Dextronaut again)
KF-Swamp(There are 2 kf-swamps out there,one was from KF 2.5)
KF-Marylux
KF-Grimpen(Dont remember the name,sorry)
KF-ScrapHeap(Rotting Brutes!)

Ill think of others later.Any gritty/Swampy/Snowy/Portal 2 themed maps would fit.

Upvote 0
Just dropping by to say that I didnt find the time to work on a map for this mod

Oh...thats it you've ruined the mod, its not going to get released now :mad:

:p I joke, no problems mate, thanks for looking into it anyway though, maybe something for the future eh.

Make the mod fully configurable(Options to remove some variations/sub bosses).

Although I would love to do that, I'm not a master coder and that is out of my reach mate :(

Updates should be released in the form of "addons",someone already pointed that out.

Thats the plan bud.

And here are some maps that would fit The Rotting:

KF-Wickedcity(Made by Dextronaut)
KF 2008/2005 Map packs(Created by Alex,ported by Dex)
KF-StillAlive(HaTeMe im looking at you)
KF-Grevona(Dextronaut again)
KF-Swamp(There are 2 kf-swamps out there,one was from KF 2.5)
KF-Marylux
KF-Grimpen(Dont remember the name,sorry)
KF-ScrapHeap(Rotting Brutes!)

Ill think of others later.Any gritty/Swampy/Snowy/Portal 2 themed maps would fit.

Thank you for the map tips, I'll try and get in contact with the makers to see if they'll do some alterations to the maps to add to the theme as right now they're nothing new unfortunately so it would be giving people what they already have which is far from what this mod is about.

But thank you, much appreciated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i just had an idea that might go with this, why not make a map that's the inside of a giant worm or something, kind of like the undead dr.ned final boss battle at the part where they enter the blood lake in the 3rd dlc for borderlands.

This....has agian...nothing to do with this mod... :confused:

Lemme guess...you also want custom weapons to shoot the new zeds with?

ssry...dont mean to rant...but these random replies...really... :confused:

ps : everyone knows now you bought Borderlands on the steam discount offer. Its a good game and all...but I wonder. If you will buy the Incredible Hulk : The Video Game...would that mean we get spammed here with suggestions to make the bloat into the Hulk? Just a thought....

Upvote 0
This....has agian...nothing to do with this mod... :confused:

Lemme guess...you also want custom weapons to shoot the new zeds with?

ssry...dont mean to rant...but these random replies...really... :confused:

ps : everyone knows now you bought Borderlands on the steam discount offer. Its a good game and all...but I wonder. If you will buy the Incredible Hulk : The Video Game...would that mean we get spammed here with suggestions to make the bloat into the Hulk? Just a thought....

1st yeah ok i c now what ur saying and to answer your second part what the hell, no just no, the bloat as hulk!? that's just a completely retarted idea

Upvote 0
Now now fellas, lets not derail the awesome thread :p

Here, I was so happy how this came out I wanted to show you true fans another beauty that your going to face in "The Rotting"

I bring you, The Rotting Siren, half the health, twice the scream.

sirenrotting2.jpg

Upvote 0
Now now fellas, lets not derail the awesome thread :p

Here, I was so happy how this came out I wanted to show you true fans another beauty that your going to face in "The Rotting"

I bring you, The Rotting Siren, half the health, twice the scream.
-image-

It looks great,but im not diggin the red colour.
It might be me tho,since it fits with the red coloured "scream" and its a way to show the player that this one is more dangerous.

Upvote 0
It might be me tho,since it fits with the red coloured "scream" and its a way to show the player that this one is more dangerous.

Although it may look out of place in the picture, its quite nice in game, for me it is, as soon as it appears, you see the red and think, that aint a normal Siren, its a nice fear factor.

But I understand what you're saying. You gotta remember, I have 4 variations of a Siren to work with here, and thats not including the sub boss Siren that's broke out of its restraints...wait have I said too much...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Maybe only change that should of stayed would of been the belts around her? Keeping them pretty much the same would of done instead of changing them to red. The red for the belts seem out of place which is the only part I agree with.

Overall, very nice texturing done here mate. Well done! I can't wit for the release of this.

Upvote 0
Although it may look out of place in the picture, its quite nice in game, for me it is, as soon as it appears, you see the red and think, that aint a normal Siren, its a nice fear factor.

But I understand what you're saying. You gotta remember, I have 4 variations of a Siren to work with here, and thats not including the sub boss Siren that's broke out of its restraints...wait have I said too much...:rolleyes:

Siren Sub boss?

Holy Mother of Patriarch,release it nao plox.

Upvote 0
I can't believe how many sub bosses and weird creatures I've added to this mod without noticing, are you ready for this number...

The current specimen count is 53

20 of which are random sub bosses.

I may decide to split the mods, release "The Rotting" as a seperate mod just for current specimen variations, then another one for new specimens. Its getting bulky in there, I fear for the download size and server issues :(.

Upvote 0
I can't believe how many sub bosses and weird creatures I've added to this mod without noticing, are you ready for this number...

The current specimen count is 53

20 of which are random sub bosses.

I may decide to split the mods, release "The Rotting" as a seperate mod just for current specimen variations, then another one for new specimens. Its getting bulky in there, I fear for the download size and server issues :(.

Can you release some first? :D

Cant wait to try them out haha

Upvote 0