• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[WHITELISTED] IJC WeaponPack (Ivan & Jack Carver)

Yup... Now make me a scar to fire the 8mm mauser. No amount of power is enough when you play on hard mode with newbies and have to finish every wave by yourself :p

lol why?

22in barrel + 308/.308dia = 2800 fps (150gr)
24in barrel + 30-06/.308dia = 2805fps (150gr)
23in barrel + 8mm/.323dia = 2476fps (198gr)
28in barrel + 7.62R/.311dia = 2660fps (148gr)
25in barrel + 7.5swiss/.308dia = 2560fps (174gr)

there really isnt that much difference.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lol that was the same misconception army ordnance made in the 60's, hence the inception of the 308, and yet the 5.45x39 is way more devastating in mid proximity fighting, why? Because it travels WAY faster and is on the cusp of instability during flight, so on penetration it causes massive injuries.
For long distance the 308 is still better than 8mm, it's at least 400fps faster.
But at least 8mm is super dirt cheap (20 for 2$ near me)

Upvote 0
Thanks for releasing the new weapon pack. I could be mistaken but I noticed a lot of more warnings from Beta 6 such as these compared to W1.

Mk23
Code:
MK23Fire KF-Arcade-Shopping-CON.MK23.MK23Fire0 (Function IJCWeaponPack-BETA6.MK23Fire.DoTrace:04BB) Accessed None 'IgnoreActors'
Warning: MK23Fire KF-Tachikawa.MK23.MK23Fire1 (Function IJCWeaponPack-BETA6.MK23Fire.DoTrace:04BB) Accessed None 'IgnoreActors'

Dual Mk23
Code:
Warning: DualMK23 kf-Canville.DualMK23 (Function KFMod.Dualies.AttachToPawn:00E6) Accessed None 'altThirdPersonActor'
Warning: DualMK23 kf-Canville.DualMK23 (Function KFMod.Dualies.AttachToPawn:011C) Attempt to assign variable through None
Warning: DualMK23 kf-Canville.DualMK23 (Function KFMod.Dualies.AttachToPawn:0132) Accessed None 'ThirdPersonActor'
Warning: DualMK23Fire kf-Canville.DualMK23.DualMK23Fire0 (Function IJCWeaponPack-BETA6.DualMK23Fire.DoTrace:04BB) Accessed None 'IgnoreActors'

The new shotgun is awesome. I just thought I'd let you know about the above warnings since I don't recall seeing those before. Again, I could be mistaken. Thanks for the awesome weapon pack.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
there is something i just notice about m99 in v6 beta, i found when i try tinkering with it. i am not sure that it is intended or bugged or it happens to my server only or not.... so i just point it here, for further check.

the m99 in v6 beta without modifying anything.
1.) tested on sharpy with reload bonus for m99, the coding for the perk is triple checked so nothing wrong for sure. no bonus is applied for it after heavily testing. already try modifying it too 120 180 240 300 but no change at all. the reload speed is the same as other perk.

2.) tested on commando that granted reload bonus for all guns, no bonus is applied, already try modifying it, but result at the same speed for the other.

the bonus for other guns are applied perfectly ...

what i found is that; during the reload, the bullet count (showing on hud) is loaded almost immediately when the animation start not at the end or somewhere around that, while other projectile weapons (e.g. boomstick, m79) are loaded at the end or almost at the end of reload animation. i think that this might have something related to what i mentioned. noted that i tested on the release version, not my own version.

if it is intended, it's ok, but in case it is not so ~

tested on v5.3 beta and yes, it's the same.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I must say this has been the same through all of the versions since it's been around. My theory is that the "reload" you see is not actually a reload to what the actualy gun says it is. Reason I think this is because it is so powerful, people can easily use it with commando for the reload speed as it really does not need damage bonus at all to take anything out. I see it as a balance to keep the gun's power to have these defects like the weight for example. I like it how it is.

Upvote 0
I must say this has been the same through all of the versions since it's been around. My theory is that the "reload" you see is not actually a reload to what the actualy gun says it is. Reason I think this is because it is so powerful, people can easily use it with commando for the reload speed as it really does not need damage bonus at all to take anything out. I see it as a balance to keep the gun's power to have these defects like the weight for example. I like it how it is.

i think that i also mention about commando also gain no bonus from it =,= and yes i did put what i think there too. about the balancing issue, if it is at its current damage then it may be ok as it is. i won't make any suggest about what it should be but i did mention about 'tinkering' with it, that's why i put it here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i think that i also mention about commando also gain no bonus from it =,= and yes i did put what i think there too. about the balancing issue, if it is at its current damage then it may be ok as it is. i won't make any suggest about what it should be but i did mention about 'tinkering' with it, that's why i put it here.
Yeah I can understand what you said etc but I ment I think it was on purpose so people didn't go commando to get the reload speed.

Upvote 0
You guys sure have been busy since I last played, Nice to see your additional new weapons and I've tried them as well. . . brilliant! :)

Great weapon modellers, texturers and animators and a great addition to the KF community. Cheers for the wep pack guys.

I know this might seem abit off topic but only recently got back to the kf scene! :IS2:

Reactions: Jack-Carver
Upvote 0

It's the same with the Xbow. It's not really a reload, the weapon basicly has just one huge magazine and each "reload" is in actuality just an attack-speed thing, sorta like the pumping on the pump shotgun. It never actually does a real reload (programming-wise), hence why the neither the Commando nor the Sharpshooter reloads any faster with either the Xbow or the M99.

At least, that's my theory :p

And speaking of this:
You know how the LAR actually has both a faster reload speed AND faster rate of fire the higher level you are with the Sharpshooter? It's because the Sharpie gets a hidden attack speed bonus on the LAR and that hidden attack speed bonus is what the M99 and Xbow (and the Hunting Rifle too!) should be needing to be able to actually "reload" faster between each shoot (Since the M99 and Xbow actually don't reload). Just a gutfeeling for you programmers who want to fool around with this :)

It's a shame that the perk bonuses are so misleading, cuz even though it says that the Xbow gets a reload speed from the Sharpshooter bonuses, it doesn't! :/

Reactions: Jack-Carver
Upvote 0
It's the same with the Xbow. It's not really a reload, the weapon basicly has just one huge magazine and each "reload" is in actuality just an attack-speed thing, sorta like the pumping on the pump shotgun. It never actually does a real reload (programming-wise), hence why the neither the Commando nor the Sharpshooter reloads any faster with either the Xbow or the M99.

At least, that's my theory :p

And speaking of this:
You know how the LAR actually has both a faster reload speed AND faster rate of fire the higher level you are with the Sharpshooter? It's because the Sharpie gets a hidden attack speed bonus on the LAR and that hidden attack speed bonus is what the M99 and Xbow (and the Hunting Rifle too!) should be needing to be able to actually "reload" faster between each shoot (Since the M99 and Xbow actually don't reload). Just a gutfeeling for you programmers who want to fool around with this :)

It's a shame that the perk bonuses are so misleading, cuz even though it says that the Xbow gets a reload speed from the Sharpshooter bonuses, it doesn't! :/
Im glad someone cleared it up more for us and has proof of it :D I completely forgot about the LAR hidden bonus & Xbow as an example.

Upvote 0
that's for the official perk if i am correct. the bonuses of each perk have many changes so far if you really look into its source, the problem is that they hardly update the description, that might be the reason of the hidden bonuses or not working bonus.

for example; (directly from its class)

The current sharpshooter, the bonus damage of each weapon has been taken out. the only thing left is headshot multiplier.
Code:
// Removed all General Damage additions for the Sharpshooter in Balance Round 6 in favor of a headshot focus
//static function int AddDamage(KFPlayerReplicationInfo KFPRI, KFMonster Injured, KFPawn DamageTaker, int InDamage, class<DamageType> DmgType)

static function float GetHeadShotDamMulti(KFPlayerReplicationInfo KFPRI, class<DamageType> DmgType)
here's the firespeed bonus, it is applied for LAR only !
Code:
// Modify fire speed
static function float GetFireSpeedMod(KFPlayerReplicationInfo KFPRI, Weapon Other)
{
    if ( Winchester(Other) != none )
    {
the reload speed is here
Code:
static function float GetReloadSpeedModifier(KFPlayerReplicationInfo KFPRI, KFWeapon Other)
{
    if ( Crossbow(Other) != none || Winchester(Other) != none ||
         Deagle(Other) != none || M14EBRBattleRifle(Other) != none )
    {
and here is what the perk says
60% more damage with 9mm, Handcannon, Rifle, Crossbow, and M14
75% less recoil with 9mm, Handcannon, Rifle, Crossbow, and M14
60% faster reload with 9mm, Handcannon, Rifle, Crossbow, and M14
50% extra headshot damage
70% discount on Handcannon/M14
Spawn with a Crossbow
yes, firing speed of LAR isn't here. 9mm is there ...

for the xbow no reload bonus can be applied even it is there in the code .. xbow and m99 seems to be reload, but it is firing animation .... not the reload ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
that's for the official perk if i am correct. the bonuses of each perk have many changes so far if you really look into its source, the problem is that they hardly update the description, that might be the reason of the hidden bonuses or not working bonus.

for example; (directly from its class)

The current sharpshooter, the bonus damage of each weapon has been taken out. the only thing left is headshot multiplier.
Code:
// Removed all General Damage additions for the Sharpshooter in Balance Round 6 in favor of a headshot focus
//static function int AddDamage(KFPlayerReplicationInfo KFPRI, KFMonster Injured, KFPawn DamageTaker, int InDamage, class<DamageType> DmgType)

static function float GetHeadShotDamMulti(KFPlayerReplicationInfo KFPRI, class<DamageType> DmgType)
here's the firespeed bonus, it is applied for LAR only !
Code:
// Modify fire speed
static function float GetFireSpeedMod(KFPlayerReplicationInfo KFPRI, Weapon Other)
{
    if ( Winchester(Other) != none )
    {
the reload speed is here
Code:
static function float GetReloadSpeedModifier(KFPlayerReplicationInfo KFPRI, KFWeapon Other)
{
    if ( Crossbow(Other) != none || Winchester(Other) != none ||
         Deagle(Other) != none || M14EBRBattleRifle(Other) != none )
    {
and here is what the perk says
yes, firing speed of LAR isn't here. 9mm is there ...

for the xbow no reload bonus can be applied even it is there in the code .. xbow and m99 seems to be reload, but it is firing animation .... not the reload ...

Just to clarify a few things:
1) Winchester or Rifle is the LAR actually xD
2) Exactly, the M99 and Xbow never ACTUALLY reload, it's just a firing animation.
3) The Sharpshooter actually has an updated bonus-description where it only states the new headshot damage, but it is still a very, very flawed description.

This it what it says currently:
* 10 - 140% headshot damage bonus with 9mm, HC, Rifle, Xbow and M14
* 25 - 75% recoil reduction with 9mm, HC, Rifle, Xbow and M14
* 10 - 60% reload speed bonus with 9mm, HC, Rifle, Xbow and M14
* 5 - 50% general headshot bonus
* 10 - 70% discount with HC and M14

Now here are all the flaws:
* 9mm only gets up to 40% headshot bonus on Survival and HoE
* Recoil reduction doesn't benefit 9mm, Dual 9mm, Dual HC or Xbow
* Reload speed bonus does not apply to 9mm, Dual 9mm, Dual HC or Xbow
* General headshot bonus + the Sharpshooter weapon bonuses are messed up. It only needs to say 10 - 60% headshot bonus with the Sharpie weapons, since you also get the 5 - 50% general headshot bonus. So it LOOKS like the general bonus is given twice, but it isn't.
* The LAR gets a hidden 10 - 60% ATTACK SPEED bonus (so it both shoots faster between each shot, aka, the cocking is done faster between each round fired)
* The Xbow gets a hidden ? - 42% AMMO discount as well

In short: The perk descriptions REALLY need an update (not only the Sharpshooter) and/or we need a new beta-testing again to change a few things, like some of those changes Scary_ghost made.

And back to the actual thread:
The beta 6.0 weapons work just fine, but when i use the perk activation 1.4 (the one you get with the download), the game crashes, so there seems to be a flaw in some of the coding (?)

Nevertheless, i LOVE the Kel-tech. I'd be glad to see all its stats though (Damage per pellet and number of pellets in particular) cuz i'd love to help balancing it :)

Reactions: -=Ivan=-
Upvote 0
I have to say that I really, really enjoy this weapon pack except for one thing. Maybe this is just me, maybe I downloaded an old version or installed it wrong or someting. But the MK23 seems very over priced or it doesn't seem to be affected the sharpshooter perk (price wise that is), becasue currently I'm a level 5 sharpshooter and the MK23 costs 500 pounds, more than even dual Deagles. While I like the Mk23 very much it seems very far fected. And even when I'm trying to buy dual MK23s the game says I need 1000 pound to buy them, even when I already have one. Other than that I have to say this mod is excellent!

Upvote 0
Im so happy that v6 is finally there. but like aze I get an error after starting a game with perkactivation.
General protection fault!

History: UObject::execClassContext <- (IJCPerActivationMut KF-Arcade-Shopping-CON.IJCPerActivationMut @ Function IJCWeaponPackPerkActivation14.IJCPerActivationMut.PostBeginPlay : 0122) <- UObject::processEvent <- (IJCPerActivationMut KF-Arcade-Shopping-CON.IJCPerActivationMut, Function IJCWeaponPackPerkActivation14.IJCPerActivationMut.PostBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (IJCPerActivationMut) <- UObject::processEvent <- (KFGameType KF-Arcade-Shopping-CON.KFGameType, Function KFmod.KFGameType.InitGame) <- BeginPlay <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ClientTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level KF-Arcade-Shopping-center <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free
I use an older version of ServerPerkV4 cause if I use the newest version of ServerPerkV4 I get an CritError the first time I shoot a zed. Would be cool if anyone could tell me why and if there will be/is a fix.

PS: guys, please keep on doing such awesome stuff

Upvote 0
Just to clarify a few things:
1) Winchester or Rifle is the LAR actually xD
2) Exactly, the M99 and Xbow never ACTUALLY reload, it's just a firing animation.
3) The Sharpshooter actually has an updated bonus-description where it only states the new headshot damage, but it is still a very, very flawed description.

This it what it says currently:
* 10 - 140% headshot damage bonus with 9mm, HC, Rifle, Xbow and M14
* 25 - 75% recoil reduction with 9mm, HC, Rifle, Xbow and M14
* 10 - 60% reload speed bonus with 9mm, HC, Rifle, Xbow and M14
* 5 - 50% general headshot bonus
* 10 - 70% discount with HC and M14

Now here are all the flaws:
* 9mm only gets up to 40% headshot bonus on Survival and HoE
* Recoil reduction doesn't benefit 9mm, Dual 9mm, Dual HC or Xbow
* Reload speed bonus does not apply to 9mm, Dual 9mm, Dual HC or Xbow
* General headshot bonus + the Sharpshooter weapon bonuses are messed up. It only needs to say 10 - 60% headshot bonus with the Sharpie weapons, since you also get the 5 - 50% general headshot bonus. So it LOOKS like the general bonus is given twice, but it isn't.
* The LAR gets a hidden 10 - 60% ATTACK SPEED bonus (so it both shoots faster between each shot, aka, the cocking is done faster between each round fired)
* The Xbow gets a hidden ? - 42% AMMO discount as well

In short: The perk descriptions REALLY need an update (not only the Sharpshooter) and/or we need a new beta-testing again to change a few things, like some of those changes Scary_ghost made.

And back to the actual thread:
The beta 6.0 weapons work just fine, but when i use the perk activation 1.4 (the one you get with the download), the game crashes, so there seems to be a flaw in some of the coding (?)

Nevertheless, i LOVE the Kel-tech. I'd be glad to see all its stats though (Damage per pellet and number of pellets in particular) cuz i'd love to help balancing it :)

I will take a look at it as soon as possible, but atm I got lots of stuff to do, but I will do my best. BTW if this gets Whitelisted (dont know when the next KF Update comes) it should work perfectly with the originally perks ;)

But I think TWI will not release a update in months :( so we have to wait

Upvote 0
I will take a look at it as soon as possible, but atm I got lots of stuff to do, but I will do my best. BTW if this gets Whitelisted (dont know when the next KF Update comes) it should work perfectly with the originally perks ;)

But I think TWI will not release a update in months :( so we have to wait

just to point it out for you on the M99, separate the firing and reloading like the other guns and recode it a bit and that will do the trick for the firing and reloading bonus ..

Upvote 0