• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Released] Hunting Rifle Beta

Why not just use the firing sounds in KF_RifleSnd (LAR?) Would sound better than using AK-47's, that's for sure.

Isn't it the bullpups? :S

LOL you are both right, the version I had in the video used the LAR sound but I didn't want to use that as the m14 uses it as well, so I opted for the bullpup in the first release, which I then changed to the AK in the second release, because I though it had a little more oomph.

Upvote 0
LOL you are both right, the version I had in the video used the LAR sound but I didn't want to use that as the m14 uses it as well, so I opted for the bullpup in the first release, which I then changed to the AK in the second release, because I though it had a little more oomph.

OK, well at least we know we're not crazy then. I'd highly recommend you stay with the LAR sound until there is custom one available. Maybe we could just try a sound edit on the LAR sounds to boost the bass or otherwise tweak it in a small way.

Upvote 0
Really nice work, really looks like official content. One or two balancing points:

I'd say either up the weight by 1 to make it an alternative to the M14, or reduce the ammo, since the weapon can seem like a jack of all trades at times, taking care of big and small enemies.

Also, you might want to reduce the unscoped accuracy, I find myself getting no-scope headshots at 10, 20 metres at times, although I'm just pro :p

Last point, the bolt animation is good, but the hand seems to get in your view too much, I don't know if it's the hand's positioning or the rifle's but I think I might have flinched one time when reloading.

Like I said, really excellent job, this has to be the outright best KF weapon mod in terms of production quality, and makes a really good addition to the arsenal in a role that has yet to be filled.

Upvote 0
Sorry to bring up the thread like this...

I had a go of the rifle and my first time using it i got a crash, using the latest version,

Spoiler!

Love the rifle :)

Upvote 0
Sorry to bring up the thread like this...

I had a go of the rifle and my first time using it i got a crash, using the latest version,

Spoiler!

Love the rifle :)

That's really strange Demon, as this crash happened with the first version but should have been fixed with the second.

Could you do me a favour and delete any reference to the 1st/2nd mod and reinstall the newer version and let me know how you get on?

I can't seem to replicate the error myself and the others who experience the same problem also said it works now?

Really nice work, really looks like official content. One or two balancing points:

I'd say either up the weight by 1 to make it an alternative to the M14, or reduce the ammo, since the weapon can seem like a jack of all trades at times, taking care of big and small enemies.

Also, you might want to reduce the unscoped accuracy, I find myself getting no-scope headshots at 10, 20 metres at times, although I'm just pro :p

Last point, the bolt animation is good, but the hand seems to get in your view too much, I don't know if it's the hand's positioning or the rifle's but I think I might have flinched one time when reloading.

Like I said, really excellent job, this has to be the outright best KF weapon mod in terms of production quality, and makes a really good addition to the arsenal in a role that has yet to be filled.

Thanks Mamoo for your comments, really means a lot.

I will have a look at fixing the issues for the final release. On the reloading part, I have noticed that you can re-zoom while reloading and this does push the hand in front of your face but this also happens with the TWI weapons.

All links are dead; need new ones.

Links are working fine :confused:

Upvote 0
That's really strange Demon, as this crash happened with the first version but should have been fixed with the second.

Could you do me a favour and delete any reference to the 1st/2nd mod and reinstall the newer version and let me know how you get on?

I can't seem to replicate the error myself and the others who experience the same problem also said it works now?
Could be i was unlucky perhaps? i used the link on the first page and installed it for the first time.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/17870375/BDHuntingRifle_Beta2New.rar

I tried it several times after that but didn't crash yet, i hope that helps :confused:

Upvote 0
just thought i would give a little feedback,

it takes way too long to cycle the gun, while i understand that this is an attempt to counter the higher damage and penetration, it just ends up making it feel clinky and awkward, it needs a fire rate more akin to the xbow/LAR because i think the fact that you have to reload after only 5 shots offsets it nicely enough, that and hte fact that you don't acctually get all that mush ammo, i would even go so far as to say it needs maybe one more mag of ammo, it may seem like this may unbalance the weapon but i think the way it is it just isn't good enough to compete with other guns, it would do good to make it fast enoguh that you don't feel like you are waiting a rediculous amount of time between each shot but it does need to offset the damage a little.

Upvote 0
An M40 simply does NOT fit in a game that takes place in the UK
change it to a nice sniperized Lee Enfield or or 7.62x51 AWM and then we'll talk.

Just keep quiet...

Be glad that theres even custom weapons

So what if it doesn't fit, at least you have something else to use

If you don't like it don't use it :mad:

Upvote 0
just thought i would give a little feedback,

it takes way too long to cycle the gun, while i understand that this is an attempt to counter the higher damage and penetration, it just ends up making it feel clinky and awkward, it needs a fire rate more akin to the xbow/LAR because i think the fact that you have to reload after only 5 shots offsets it nicely enough, that and hte fact that you don't acctually get all that mush ammo, i would even go so far as to say it needs maybe one more mag of ammo, it may seem like this may unbalance the weapon but i think the way it is it just isn't good enough to compete with other guns, it would do good to make it fast enoguh that you don't feel like you are waiting a rediculous amount of time between each shot but it does need to offset the damage a little.

Thanks for the feedback.

Was going more for realism but if you think it affects perfomance too much, I will consider a few changes.

@Demon
Sorry to see that you are still having issues with it, lol looks like a few of my mods are having problems.

Is there any chance you could post me your server log after the crash, there may be more info there as I can't seem to replicate the issue

p.s tried to send you pm but says you are not allowed to receive any?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback.

Was going more for realism but if you think it affects perfomance too much, I will consider a few changes.

@Demon
Sorry to see that you are still having issues with it, lol looks like a few of my mods are having problems.

Is there any chance you could post me your server log after the crash, there may be more info there as I can't seem to replicate the issue

p.s tried to send you pm but says you are not allowed to receive any?
I believe you have to tick a box below that says, *Send message to users even if they are not on your contact list.* give that a go if you haven't.

I'll try my best to provide you a log, i'll keep in touch.

Upvote 0