• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Released] Hunting Rifle Beta

Um... after downloading and installing this, I always spawn with a Hunting Rifle when i'm in the "SDK" Play Map! button. The default gametype is always this, and bugged me so much I deleted the Hunting Rifle completely. Is there a way to fix this?

Did you remove it from the active mutators list when before you went into the SDK?

Upvote 0
Yeah, but when I go to View > Level Proprities > Level Info it still says KFHuntingRifle.B or something.

I got it to work after deleting the Hunting Rifle. But it's such a good weapon its a shame I have to delete it.

Shame you had to delete it, I kept getting the same issue with the black cheetah be the specimen gametype.

If you get this issue again with any mod, go into solo play and remove the mutator and play a quick game with the default gametype. This should reset things.
If that doesn't work, in the Killing Floor.ini file, go to [Engine.Engine] and change the DefaultGameto KFMod.KFGameType and this should then reset what happens in the editor.

Upvote 0
This is one great weapon. Compliments the Medic nicely when using the IJC M7A3 medic rifle.

Quick question: What do I put into my startup .bat file for the mutator to start up automatically? I put "BDHuntingRifleB2.HUNTING_RIFLE" and it doesn't want to automatically start. I have to start it with Webadmin. All other mutators are working fine.

Upvote 0
Right using the gun myself I don't actually agree with most of the comments people put for it for example, too slow fire rate, too slow reload speed and power. Everyone needs to remember this is a sniper rifle and you can not give it too much otherwise like some have said, it will tip to the overpowered side. As I have seen on this thread, the gun is made to be inbetween the LAR and the xbow. This at moment suits it's position very well.

I'd suggest if anything a very small change to the damage. A slightly higher penetration through the zeds and a deffernate change to the sound. It sounds so punie when you fire it when mentally you know it's ment to be a great weapon! Please do change the sound but an overall weapon, it's nice. Congrats to the author. :)

Reactions: _Duke_
Upvote 0
Right using the gun myself I don't actually agree with most of the comments people put for it for example, too slow fire rate, too slow reload speed and power. Everyone needs to remember this is a sniper rifle and you can not give it too much otherwise like some have said, it will tip to the overpowered side. As I have seen on this thread, the gun is made to be inbetween the LAR and the xbow. This at moment suits it's position very well.

I'd suggest if anything a very small change to the damage. A slightly higher penetration through the zeds and a deffernate change to the sound. It sounds so punie when you fire it when mentally you know it's ment to be a great weapon! Please do change the sound but an overall weapon, it's nice. Congrats to the author. :)

i understand the need to counter balance the increase in power from the LAR while making it less powerful than the xbow, but i think having to reload after five shots AND a long cycle between shots is over doing it a little, i would suggest a faster cycle but keep the reload as is, maybe just a tad bit longer.

Upvote 0
I agree with z. JackL - its not that i dislike the bolt cycle or anything, and personally the weapons power is fine! I use this all the time when i'm fooling around with mutators and love it! But the fire-speed total isn't much higher than the M99. If its faster at all. Because you have a significant wait for the bolt AND the reload. And since its not comparable to the M99 in terms of power, i would like to see a speed boost :)

Upvote 0
I agree with z. JackL - its not that i dislike the bolt cycle or anything, and personally the weapons power is fine! I use this all the time when i'm fooling around with mutators and love it! But the fire-speed total isn't much higher than the M99. If its faster at all. Because you have a significant wait for the bolt AND the reload. And since its not comparable to the M99 in terms of power, i would like to see a speed boost :)

Just a quick note:

The LAR has a hidden rate-of-fire bonus for the Sharpie, up to 60% at level 6. The Hunting Rifle could also get this bonus imo, thus it would be quite alot faster for the Sharpie. Also, i think that the M99 and Xbow* should have their reloadspeeds lowered a tad, but also actually benefit from the reload speed (Currently, only (single) HC, M14 and LAR gets a quicker reload as Sharpshooter.)

(*The Xbow is supposed to have a 1,8 sec reloadspeed, but you can fire a new bolt already after just 1 sec. If its reloadspeed was fixed to actually BE 1.8 sec, it wouldn't really need a slower reloadspeed, and could then easily benefit from the Sharpie's reloadspeed bonus too.)

As the stats seem to be atm (7 weight, 200-ish damage, 2,1 headshot multiplier) it seems quite nice. I would increase the total max ammo to 45 or 50 though. And the M14 should be 7 in weight too, so you can use both weapons together :)

Upvote 0
sorry for interruption but i keep having this crash

Code:
 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1997 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 (7948)

General protection fault!

History: FD3D9RenderInterface::SetMaterial <- USkeletalMeshInstance::Render <- FDynamicActor::Render <- FActorSceneNode::Render <- UCanvas::DrawActor <- UCanvas::execDrawActor <- (HUNTING_RIFLE KF-UnDeadWorld.HUNTING_RIFLE @ Function BDHuntingRifleB2.HUNTING_RIFLE.RenderOverlays : 04AA) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (HUDKillingFloor KF-UnDeadWorld.HUDKillingFloor, Function Engine.HUD.PostRenderActors) <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

it happens when I pickup when i hold weapon in first time i run KF today
but when I start the game again, it works fine

Upvote 0
Playing around with this beauty made me think only one thing:

Why isn't this added to retail yet? :D Absolutely awesome weapon :)

Thank you so much Aze. comments like make what we do worth while :)

I have updated the front page to include the 'Final' version, which addresses the crashing bug and has a new fire sound (thanks Hemi)
I also upped the ammo to 50 from 40 and decreased reload time, slightly.

Hunting Rifle Final Version (I hope)

Thank you to everyone who has supported and downloaded this mod.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much Aze. comments like make what we do worth while :)

I have updated the front page to include the 'Final' version, which addresses the crashing bug and has a new fire sound (thanks Hemi)
I also upped the ammo to 50 from 40 and decreased reload time, slightly.

Hunting Rifle Final Version (I hope)

Thank you to everyone who has supported and downloaded this mod.
Oh splendid.

Time to rock this rifle out with IJC's FAL w/ ACOG. Toss in the Sentry Turret and the Doom Sentry Bot, and you're a one-man army.

Upvote 0