• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Hard Mode Patriarch

Marco

Grizzled Veteran
May 23, 2009
Finland
I created a mutator which replaces current Patriarch with an extra hard one.
Warning: This is one which only hardcore players can defeat! So no tears if he wipes you out like nothing.

Download it from here (btw: this mod is not whitelisted)

Installation
- Unzip these files to ..\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\killingfloor\System folder.
- Add mutator "Hard Patriarch mode" before you start game (or KFHardPat.KFHardPat on server commandline).
And you're ready to go.

What's "new" on this Pat is he got basically 4 different stages (number of syringes used):
First stage (no syringes used)
  • He acts like normal KF Patriarch.

Second stange (one syringe used)
  • He no longer fires his chaingun in bursts, instead he fires it continuously.
  • He can fire 2 rockets at one time.
  • He got a little better aiming with his rockets.

Third stage
  • He can walk while firing his chaingun (plus he fires it for a little longer).
  • He can fire 3-4 rockets at one time.
  • His aiming with rockets is even better.
  • Sometimes when he goes cloaking he may attempt to find a way around the players and melee from behind (instead of running straight up to the players).

Fourth stage
  • He can run while firing his chaingun (and fire it for even longer).
  • He fires 4-6 rockets at once.

Misc changes/fixes
  • Whenever he need healing and goes cloaking he will turn non-solid and become invincible (so that players can't tank him while he's trying to retreat).
  • When he is healing and using his syringe, he won't drop the syringe out of his hand when he picks it out, then teleports back to his hand when he tosses is out.
  • His skin won't get burned and revealing himself while cloaking.
  • If he is spawned mid-game (not as boss), he won't end game when he dies.
  • Whenever he takes hits while brining up his chaingun/rocket launcher, it won't interrupt his animation and making him instantly fire his gun.

Configures
PatStates[X]=(XXX)
These specify his different AI levels (number of syringes used).
bMovCG=True/False - He can move while using his chaingun.
bRunCG=True/False - He may sometimes run while using his chaingun.
bPauseCG=True/False - He should fire his chaingun in burst mode (like normal Pat).
bMisIgnoreRange=True/False - His missile rocket fire mode ignores the enemy distance (normally he never uses it at close range).
bAltRoute=True/False - While cloaking, may pick alternative routes towards player to attempt to sneak up on them.
NumMis[0/1]=Value - Number of missiles to fire at once ([1] = random added value).
NumCG[0/1]=Value - Number of chaingun shots to fire.
MisRepTime=Value - Time seconds delay between firing his missiles (when firing multiple at one attack).​
PatHealth=4000 - His starting health value (will be scaled by player count and difficulty value).

Version history
v 2.0:
- Added options to slightly modify his AI.
- Fixed so he works on latest KF version.
- Fixed his LAW rocket effects work properly.
- Made him invulnerable while he is healing to prevent more kiting.
- Changed him to use melee attacks on welded doors rather than rockets, as it's more effective.
- Made him invulnerable to his own rockets.
v 1.0:
- Released.

Credits
- Netsky/SiE for beta testing this mutator on his servers.

Last edited:
Nice to see it posted, Marco!

We've been having a lot of fun with it on the Netsky servers. My only real problem with it is having to explain to players every time that he is Invincible while cloaked.... actually, I stopped bothering to tell people.

I would highly recommend you try to add a way to let players know, in-game, visually or audibly. Players can see that he walks/shoots at the same time, and they can see him fire multiple rockets. What they do not see, however, is that the Patriarch is taking no damage from their attacks while cloaked (and I'm not counting the occasional Commando).

You could add a sound like the Brute's deflection sound, or a new sound, or you could even change it to damage resistance instead of Immunity. I just think it's the only flaw in an otherwise superb change.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One more question, if patty become invincible after he is stunned, how can players prevent him from killing players by force? Cos shooting him will cause no damage and cannot stun him. He dont seems to run away everytime to hea, sometimes he will choose to attack someone close.

I cannot use any of my perks when the mutator is not white listed... so cant really test for that, sadly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One more question, if patty become invincible after he is stunned, how can players prevent him from killing players by force? Cos shooting him will cause no damage and cannot stun him. He dont seems to run away everytime to hea, sometimes he will choose to attack someone close.
He only attacked if someone was in his way when he wanted to go healing, but now since he turns non-solid he will simply ignore all players.

Upvote 0