• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Manual Reloading Mutator!!!

But if he wants a whitelisted version for a whistelisted server, why give him ServerPerks?

I don't. I just informed him about the option that is ServerPeaks in case he didn't know about it. He might have thought that whitelisting was the only available option to be able play with peaks enabled with a mutator. I don't see the issue really. It's a win-win in either case, cause no harm is done, even if he cannot use it. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Viddu;n1930396 said:
Bugged.. can plant one pipe only.

You need to press your reload button everytime you place a pipe with yoyo's mut....but with braindead's, apparently this is no longer an issue - I haven't tested it yet so I don't know yet....but I will test it to find out...

Teraku;n1662248 said:
But the Hunting Shotgun is a little different. It automatically reloads once it's empty. Other weapons only automatically reload when trying to fire while it's empty. The function to reload is literally called by the game when using the Hunting Shotgun. It would take a dirt hack-esque mutator to prevent that, and it would probably break the M79 as well.

So braindead's code is more realistic(and hence doesn't apply to *all weapons*?) and also removes having to press reload after each pipe? Here's the final code(thanks to Hippox for the additional new weapons that were missing (are there anymore or is it?) and Phada for the additional *just in case there's a problem* with pipebombs though not sure what that could fix, he did mention remove *Super* but I'm not sure how as I could break it so I'm not gonna bother removing it unless someone tells me how to remove it without breaking it - it could be as simple as just removing the word Super from bSuperRelevant and Super.CheckReplacement but since this is coding and I'm not all to familiar with it, it may not seem that simple...:eek:):

Code:
class Reloadmut extends mutator;

simulated function PostBeginPlay()
{

if (Level.NetMode != NM_DedicatedServer)
           class'KFMod.single'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.winchester'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.shotgun'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.mac10mp'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.AA12AutoShotgun'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.Dualies'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.Deagle'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.FlameThrower'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.AK47AssaultRifle'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.DualDeagle'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.MP7MMedicGun'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.SCARMK17AssaultRifle'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.M32GrenadeLauncher'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.BullPup'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.M14EBRBattleRifle'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.MP5MMedicGun'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.M7A3MMedicGun'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.SCARMK17AssaultRifle'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.M14EBRBattleRifle'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.M4203AssaultRifle'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.M4AssaultRifle'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.Magnum44Pistol'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.Dual44Magnum'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.BenelliShotgun'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.KSGShotgun'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.FNFAL_ACOG_AssaultRifle'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.Crossbow'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.M99SniperRifle'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.MK23Pistol'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.DualMK23Pistol'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.M79GrenadeLauncher'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.LAW'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
           class'KFMod.DualMK23Pistol'.default.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
}

function bool CheckReplacement( Actor Other, out byte bSuperRelevant )

{
 Super.CheckReplacement(Other, bSuperRelevant);
 if (Other.IsA('KFWeapon') && !Other.IsA('PipeBombExplosive'))
 {
  KFWeapon(Other).bModeZeroCanDryFire = False;
 }

return true;
}

defaultproperties
{

GroupName="KF-ReloadMut"
     FriendlyName="Manual Reloading Mutator"
     Description="Disables auto reloading."
    RemoteRole=ROLE_SimulatedProxy
    bAlwaysRelevant=true
    bAddToServerPackages=true
    bNetNotify=true

}

Also how would I add to it an option to default to manual reload but have an option to disable it like for players who would still prefer auto-reload when you hit zero bullets/shells in gun? I believe ServerPerks or ScrN has this when you press Esc and go into the options tab, but they're greylisted and I would like mine to work with whitelisted mode as well... I've come across a few players saying they don't like the forced manual reload option, especially reloading after each pipe placed, and I was with them at the time but couldn't give them an option to turn it off because it's forced on all players...

Oh wait nevermind, just remembered that this game won't be updated anymore and thus no more whitelisted muts even if they are in queue, the final Toy Master mod that was supposed to be updated a couple or so years ago even when Tripwire was still dishing out updates, never did make it so what are the chances for this happening? ...well that sucks...I suppose I will have to tell those players to suck it up then if they want perk/achievo progression.....:(:p:rolleyes::cool:

EDIT: Well still, it could benefit my other mdes that are greylisted anyways....so anyone?

EDIT2: Ok so I finally got around to test both Yoyo's and Braindead's reload mut more thoroughly than just throw it into a server and assume everything works as advertised, and here's what I found....

Notes:
KFManualReload by Yoyo doesn't work on:
- Crossbow
- Barrett M99
- Double Barreled Shotgun
- Buzzsaw bow
- M79
- Golden M79
- The Orca Bomb Propeller
- Seeker Six Rocket Launcher (right click to fire all rokets, if pressed again when empty results in reloading)
- L.A.W
- Colt M4A1 Carbine M203A1 (only the attached grenade launcher auto reloads)
- Zed Eradication Device Mark II (right clicking results in auto reload if no more ammo)
- Z.E.D. (Right clicking results in auto-reload)

Reloadmut by braindead doesn't work on:
- Camo Benelli M3 Super 90
- Nail gun
- Neon Kel-Tec KSG
- Multichamber ZED thrower
- Benelli M4 Super 90
- Camo Heckler & Koch MP5A4
- Golden AA12 CQB
- Golden Benelli M4 Super 90
- Blowerthrower
- KRISS Vector
- Neon KRIS Vector
- Single Piston Longmusket
- Barrett M99
- Crossbow
- M1A1 Thompson
- DR. T's Lead Delivery System
- M1928 Thompson
- Flare Revolver
- Dual Flare Revolvers
- Mkb 42(H)
- Camo Colt M4A1 Carbine
- Golden Draco AK Carbine
- Neon FN SCAR-H
- Neon Draco AK Carbine
- Buzzsaw bow
- Golden Flamethrower
- Winchester Model 1897 Trench Gun
- M79
- Golden M79
- The Orca Bomb Propeller
- Seal Squeal Harpoon Bomber
- Seeker Six Rocket Launcher
- Colt M4A1 Carbine M203A1 (only the attached grenade launcher auto reloads)
- L.A.W
- Camo Milkor MGL Mark 1S
- Zed Eradication Device Mark II
- Zed Eradication Device

As you can see, Yoyo's far off from being applied to *all* weapons as I thought it would and Braindead's one is still missing these..... I believe Yoyo's mut is more global effect whereas Braindead's appear to be more specific....and appears to still require some work to get *all* or at least all the weapons that you would be able to realistically manual reload irl if they were right in front of you...

So the only thing Braindead's got going as of that, is being able to not REQUIRE pressing the reload button after each pipe; however the number of weapons that still auto-reload regardless is still more than that of yoyo's. Therefore unless Braindead's one is fixed up, Yoyo's superior if you don't mind pressing R everytime to place a pipe that is. Not to mention Braindead's isn't whitelisted yet....

EDIT 3:

Ok looks like the effect still lingers on even when not on a server that doesn't even have this....until you restart the client, it will linger like this - but that's not really a bad thing if you prefer manually reloading as oppose to auto-reload anyways....heh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0