• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Custom Shop Mutator...

braindead

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 22, 2009
Merry Ol' England
Hey all

Benjamin and I have made a custom mutator that allows you to add any new weapon to the trader list either via GUI or INI file method.
I have uploaded a new version which was made with the help of Marco and now works server/client side. (Thanks for the heads up Marco)

Add the mutator to the list and enter the advanced screen, where you can add the weapon pickup to the list or edit the ini file and add the weapon pickup there.

PLEASE NOTE!

If the client does not have the weapon files, they will not show in the list, so if you are hosting a server please put the weapon packages into your ServerPackages in the KillingFloor.ini so that they can be pushed to the client.

This however does not stop them from joining the game, it only means they will not be able to select the weapon from the trader if they do not have the package files.

TIP: If you do not know the source of the weapon pickup file, go into the editor and open the weapon package from the 'Actor Class Browser'. Scroll down to weapon pickups and when you find the weapon you want to add, select properties and at the top of the screen will give you the source of the pickup file i.e.

Class'KFMod.DueliesPickup'

You can also remove weapons from the list as required or just keep adding to the max of 50 weapons.

Also, if TWI add any new weapons, you can easily add the new weapon to the list, so this mut will never be out of date or need ammending.

This really was made for the community who want to add their new weapons for testing or server admins who want to add any new weapons to the game and generally for the community to enjoy each and every new weapon released, without having a different mutator for each and every weapon.

Enjoy!!

http://www.filefront.com/17582886/KFCustomTraderMutV2.rar

Edited for fixed online version!!

The new version will now show up as Custom Shop Menu Final in your mutator list! so you can delete the original as it is no longer required.

Again, a very big thank you to Benjamin and Marco for getting this working.

mutscr1.jpg

mutscr2-1.jpg

mutscr3-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hey all

Benjamin and I have made a custom mutator that allows you to add any new weapon to the trader list either via GUI or INI file method.

Add the mutator to the list and enter the advanced screen, where you can add the weapon pickup to the list or edit the ini file and add the weapon pickup there.

TIP: If you do not know the source of the weapon pickup file, go into the editor and open the weapon package from the 'Actor Class Browser'. Scroll down to weapon pickups and when you find the weapon you want to add, select properties and at the top of the screen will give you the source of the pickup file i.e.

Class'KFMod.DueliesPickup'

You can also remove weapons from the list as required or just keep adding to the max of 50 weapons.

Also, if TWI add any new weapons, you can easily add the new weapon to the list, so this mut will never be out of date or need ammending.

This really was made for the community who want to add their new weapons for testing or server admins who want to add any new weapons to the game and generally for the community to enjoy each and every new weapon released, without having a different mutator for each and every weapon.

Enjoy!!

[url]http://www.sendspace.com/file/unmvmt[/URL]

Again, a very big thank you to Benjamin for getting this working, also a thank you to Marco for his support and help whilst making this.

mutscr1.jpg

mutscr2-1.jpg

mutscr3-1.jpg
this doesn't work for me, i put the mutator and i disable the pipebombs, and other weapons like dual handcannon, and the boomstick, so.. when the trader time starts i go to the shop and.. is empty, there aren't any weapons to buy, this mut disable all weapons of the game.. when i disable only 3 or 4 weapons, any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Hey guy's great mutator here, i got a question about a option appearing in the webadmin named "Weapon For Sale" inside it says "** You cannot modify any settings in this section **" there is a accept button and reset.

Is it supposed to be like that?

Hey Demon

oooo, have never used Webadmin before so I can't give you an answer there, I'll try and catch Arramus tomorrow, to see if he can shed any light.

In the meantime, you can just edit the ini and use that?

Upvote 0
I suggest submitting this for whitelisting, since it's an easy way to get whitelisted weapons into the game without having to write a separate mutator for it.

Getting this whitelisted should be a snap, since without additional weapon mutators there's no possibility it can be abused. Keep in mind the weapons would have to be whitelisted separately, otherwise this would be a free pass.

Upvote 0
Is it possible to add the PPSH, Dual MP7s, P90, M7A3, MK23 mutators which are already available, to this mutator? I want to run them all at once.

It certainly is, as long as you know the weapon pickup class name and package name, you can add them all, also you do not need to run the mutators that come with the weapons.

I may actually start a list in this thread for any weapon that is available and the details to add to the ini file.

I would however avoid running the P90 on a server as the texture package is 96mb with both of the skins. Can we get a new version with a smaller texture size?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If that is your latest version I can say it won't work in multiplayer.
Each player will only see their local settings for the weaponlist (meaning most/all players will see default list because they don't have mutator installed and same INI file as on the server).
This is simply because there is no network replication in this mutator for the weapon list.

I would recommend you get that fixed before you apply for whitelisting.

Upvote 0