• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2.5 OldSchool Mod

slavek

Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2006
UnrealEd: Viewport #1
Killing Floor 2.5 Rollback [Version 3 Pending]
Brought to you by:
=213=Slavek, YoYoBatty & the IS2, Greatest tank of WWII!:IS2:

Test Servers:

188.165.246.94:9707 [France]

Summary:
This set of mutators replaces Killing Floor specimens and weapons with their old version 2.51 Mod counterparts. One mutator replaces weapons while the other replaces specimens allowing server admins to decide if they want a partial or full gameplay switch.

Every thing is replaced. Specimens for the most part have their original mod sounds and default properties. Weapons that are replaced have their original values as well.

For those of you who have not played Killing Floor when it was a Unreal Tournament 2004 mod, here are a list of major gameplay changes regarding weapons and specimens.

1. Iron Sites: Only the Winchester, Bullpup, Crossbow, and Law have Iron sites, all other weapons are shot from the hip.
  2. Weapons: Back in Killing Floor 2.5, the LAW was not a underpowered joke. In fact, it was the main tool in taking down Scrakes and Fleshpounds before they could close in to attack players. Having a player use a LAW in the later waves is highly advised as the 2.5 Version of the Fleshpound and Scrake are much more dangerous.

1. Specimens: Killing Floor 2.5 specimens are typically more resilient than their retail counterparts and also may display different behavior than what you are used to. This especially applies to the Scrake and the Flesh Pound.

• The Fleshpound(2.5 Version) has a much stronger attack when raged. When it is raged and reaches it's intended target, it will unleash 3 pummeling attacks on its victim. On hard difficulty, this can instantly kill an unarmored target. Extreme caution is advised and care should be taken to not rage the Fleshpound unless the team is ready to unleash firepower. **Now possesses an area of effect spin attack.

• The Scrake(2.5 Version), like the Fleshpound, is also much more deadly than its retail counterpart. Not only are his attacks much more damaging, but his saw has a tendency to "hook" its prey and keep them from running away. Getting drawn in by a Scrake's attack will most likely result in death. Fortunatly, the Scrake can not charge like the retail version so players still have a chance of surviving. Feel free to unload on this beast.

Other things to note:

Money: Weapon prices are not as expensive as the retail version, however, specimens also offer a much lower bounty than they do in stock killing floor.

Gameplay: Killing Floor 2.5 was very unforgiving. Winning maps was not always common but it was fun to try to survive. Don't get frustrated if you lose. If you RAGE QUIT, it means:

1. You have been spoiled by Killing Floor Retail
  2. This mutator may not be for you.
  3. You need anger management. Go outside and breath some fresh air.

Please Post bugs or quirks so that they may be fixed!
Thank You

Bugs list/found:
1. New DLC weapon appears in trader.
2.Zed Headshots not decapitating online.
3. Level 5/6 weapons still appear on spawn.

Last edited:
Not many people play the mod anymore. If you can get people to play with you then great, but if it is ported to retail, you could have a server with it on it. Would be easier to pick up players who would want to play it. Also retail automatically fixes a lot of the old bugs that were in the mod. Also Mod requires Ut2004 which not everyone has(Cheap I know but it is a hassle to have to go buy UT2004 if you want to play with your friends).

Upvote 0
I see your point. But if you want to bring back the "real" 2.5 feeling you would have to get back the old maps too.
The best thing however would be if you could choose what to replace. Like ZEDs only or just weapons.

ive ported Bios 2.5 and Manor 2.5, as well as all the 1.0 maps. yoyo said he would port West L 2.5 and Offices 2.5 but if he doesnt, i will.

Upvote 0
Map can be easily ported. Maybe an hour or two each. As for extra mutator features, I want to get all the base content done before I get into specific extras.

an hour or 2 each? i can port really fast, but they take longer than just an hour or 2, i would say more around 5 hours: porting static meshes, sounds, emitters, textures, replacing netkactors, fixing and adding spawns, fixing exploits. then some testing for anything that was missed.

PS: bios and manor from 2.5 are going to be added to the whitelist i hope next update. still not sure. but they are done :D

PPS: for flamethrower, you should add, "worthless piece of junk that no one buys", even for firebugs i remember it being very pathetic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I see your point. But if you want to bring back the "real" 2.5 feeling you would have to get back the old maps too.
The best thing however would be if you could choose what to replace. Like ZEDs only or just weapons.

this should be easy to do, to any coder looking into making this happen look into the KFDoom mod for a reference

there is 2 mutators
1 that replaces all specimens with Doom monster
and
1 that replaces all weapons with doom weapons

Upvote 0