• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2.5 OldSchool Mod

I'm Hosting this mutator on my server and when clients join and are required to download the files, this file KFOldModSND.uax doesn't get redirected even though i have uploaded it and compressed it to uz2, every other file downloads fine for them. Any ideas?

I'm pretty sure you can only redirect maps, which is only of use when the map has all the assets in mylevel. Anything extra is needed locally. I think anyway.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure you can only redirect maps, which is only of use when the map has all the assets in mylevel. Anything extra is needed locally. I think anyway.
I've had no trouble before redirecting other files such has, textures etc but this problem has only happened to me for a few files such has, the IS2DL tank when clients need to download the allies_vehicles_tex.utx file it doesn't get redirected or when they need to download the ONSVehicleSounds-S.uax from blackcheetah's vehicle mod, it doesn't get redirected. There would have to be a way but i don't know how

Upvote 0
I've had no trouble before redirecting other files such has, textures etc but this problem has only happened to me for a few files such has, the IS2DL tank when clients need to download the allies_vehicles_tex.utx file it doesn't get redirected or when they need to download the ONSVehicleSounds-S.uax from blackcheetah's vehicle mod, it doesn't get redirected. There would have to be a way but i don't know how
I have learned that if you use any package saved in other Unreal Engine games (like UnrealTournament 2004), it must be re-save in KF editor or else the package fails on redirect 100 % for some wierd reason (guess some KF package format problem).
So I presume that package 'ONSVehicleSounds-S.uax' is direct copy from UT2004 and simply needs to be re-saved in Killing Floor editor.

Upvote 0
I have learned that if you use any package saved in other Unreal Engine games (like UnrealTournament 2004), it must be re-save in KF editor or else the package fails on redirect 100 % for some wierd reason (guess some KF package format problem).
So I presume that package 'ONSVehicleSounds-S.uax' is direct copy from UT2004 and simply needs to be re-saved in Killing Floor editor.
Could you please tell me how to do that, i'm not experienced in that area.

Upvote 0
Here are the sounds for Blackcheetah's Vehicle Mod re-saved in the editor.
http://www.filefront.com/17336109/KFVehicle_Sounds.zip

I tested them in a server and they downloaded fully via redirect as per Marco's findings. Let us know how you get on with them.

I played in your server earlier with this mod running and it was fabulous. I downloaded a double figure's worth of files before I got in so you've certainly taken a liking to community made mods.

Upvote 0
Here are the sounds for Blackcheetah's Vehicle Mod re-saved in the editor.
[URL]http://www.filefront.com/17336109/KFVehicle_Sounds.zip[/URL]

I tested them in a server and they downloaded fully via redirect as per Marco's findings. Let us know how you get on with them.

I played in your server earlier with this mod running and it was fabulous. I downloaded a double figure's worth of files before I got in so you've certainly taken a liking to community made mods.
Thank you soo much Arramus, it redirects perfectly and downloads without restarting again, we greatly appreciate this man. Yeh our server is a fun server, full of custom maps and mods thanks to all those contributing them out there. If anyone is interested in playing with the KFVehiclesMod by Black Cheetah join this server as it's running 24/7 ip: 180.222.22.146:7707 Plus there's WTF MOD etc

Last edited:
Reactions: arramus
Upvote 0
this should be easy to do, to any coder looking into making this happen look into the KFDoom mod for a reference

there is 2 mutators
1 that replaces all specimens with Doom monster
and
1 that replaces all weapons with doom weapons

does the KFdoom mod change characteristics of the specimens or does it just swap the 3d models?

Upvote 0