• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mod: Voting Handler Fix

Marco

Grizzled Veteran
May 23, 2009
Finland
This mod fixes some broken features on KF Voting Handler, mainly:
- Allow vote different game modes (different settings).
- Vote time countdown (messages and voice).
It also gives spectators the ability to mapvote.

This mod is whitelisted.

Download from V2 here: http://www.klankaos.com/downloads/KFMapVoteV2.rar

Useage (eighter):
- Edit KillingFloor.ini:
[Engine.GameInfo]
VotingHandlerType=KFMapVoteV2.KFVotingHandler

- On server WebAdmin and go to Server Console and type in following command:
Set GameInfo VotingHandlerType KFMapVoteV2.KFVotingHandler

Then to add more different game modes or mutator options, go on WebAdmin: Default > Voting GameConfig > Add in as many options you want:
MapVoteWeb.jpg

And in game to chose between options; on map vote menu theres a combo box for selection of different game modes:
MapvoteShot.JPG

Interface in version 2:
KFMapvoteNew.jpg

So this way you can host on your server more different game options, enjoy!

Version history
2.0:
- Added option to like/dislike maps (players get that choise at beginning of mapvote).
- Added so vote count list also shows which game mode is voted for.
- Fixed a bug which allowed maplist to append file extension to map names.
- Changed so admins can normally mapvote now, however they can still force mapswitch by right clicking at mapname and select "Admin force map".
- Fixed maplist disabled highlighting (when using EliminationMode or Revote limit).

1.0:
- Created.

Last edited:
Can you add a feature to have multiple vote lists, so for example i could have:

Official TWI Maps:
Biotics
Manor
etc

Whitelisted Maps:
Awesome1
Awesome2
etc

Non-Whitelisted Maps:
Testing1
Beta2
etc

But all selectable from a drop down or something?

I also though it would be nice to be able to set the name in the map vote to be different from the map name itself. Just for consistency sake (caps etc).

Another point - can stopy maps be put under the "story mode" which appears on the web admin?

Edit: I forgot to say: THANK YOU! This is an awesome feature!!! We need more people like you :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
why spectator should vote?? doesn't make sense to me..
the rest is ok, great work

2 good reasons I can think of -

1. those who don't know better or so greedy that they purposely take any chance they get to start maps alone, thinking they can get a head start with more cash. then they either fail at it and die, or force everyone else to get by with starting cash on the second wave. not such a big deal on easier servers, but a real setback for the rest of the team on suicidal.

2. griefers that do the same thing, only to die on purpose or immediately vote a new map as soon as the game starts. this traps the rest of the players in spec, and forces the server into an endless mapchange, until they get bored or empty the server.

so this would give other players a chance to vote for a restart right away, obviously should be admin preference since they're both open to abuse, but spec voting could be the lesser of 2 evils in some cases for the best autonomy, when you want to give players the freedom to vote.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can you add a feature to have multiple vote lists, so for example i could have:

Official TWI Maps:
Biotics
Manor
etc

Whitelisted Maps:
Awesome1
Awesome2
etc

Non-Whitelisted Maps:
Testing1
Beta2
etc

But all selectable from a drop down or something?

I also though it would be nice to be able to set the name in the map vote to be different from the map name itself. Just for consistency sake (caps etc).

Another point - can stopy maps be put under the "story mode" which appears on the web admin?

Edit: I forgot to say: THANK YOU! This is an awesome feature!!! We need more people like you :)

this would be awesome

Upvote 0
nice to see this whitelisted, will install asap.

edit,
how do we apply options like gamedifficulty to the gametypes? say I want to have 3 gametypes - regular kfmod on normal, hard, suicidal on the same mutators and map rotation. I tried putting the class value from [engine.gameinfo], gamedifficulty=2/4/7 into the options field of the newly created types, like we would do through the console, but it has no effect on the game difficulty when switching between them.

I see in your screenie that you have used the value difficulty=x, this is not the correct one for kfmod, no? the ui updates with the menu choices, but I have no idea how to get the voting handler to apply those kind of options. I would also like to be able to do this with the gamelength value, so they can choose between 7/10 wave games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I see in your screenie that you have used the value difficulty=x, this is not the correct one for kfmod, no? the ui updates with the menu choices, but I have no idea how to get the voting handler to apply those kind of options. I would also like to be able to do this with the gamelength value, so they can choose between 7/10 wave games.
That is correct with the difficulty (it will use that difficulty once voted for).

As for game length, there is no way (yet at least; I have requested TW to add URL line option for that).

Upvote 0
I tried adding this recently to my servers and all I see is the new button and when I click it the page just refreshes... There is nothing else

kfvotemut.jpg

I see the [Engine.GameInfo]
and VotingHandlerType=KFMapVote.KFVotingHandler is there for voting...

And I did use the console command and rebooted the server and I have full access to the admin commands...

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
I installed on my server and got it working but not correctly; i mean,

whenever I choose different game mode from the mapvoting, it screws up map list.

ex) I choose to play KF-Bioticslab with dif mods/mutations, but then the map is changed to somethingelse other than the map I want to play.

Upvote 0