• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mod: Voting Handler Fix

In that situation Mutator should have bAddToServerPackages=true. If it haven't, then you can write a small mutator, which will add those via AddToPackageMap(). In both cases server packages will be added only when mutator is running, so you can vote him off through the gameconfig.
That's not a bad idea. If someone could try this and tell us the results please as im interested in it.

Upvote 0
Sorry for double post. I quickly wrote a mutator to load server packages in a runtime. Not sure if it works as it supposed to, but you can try it.

Source:
Code:
// Loads specified packages to ServerPackages
// (c) PooSH, 2012

Class PackageLoader extends Mutator
	Config(PackageLoader);

var() globalconfig array<string> Packages;

event PreBeginPlay()
{
	local int i;

if ( !MutatorIsAllowed() )
		Destroy();
	//add myself
	AddToPackageMap();

for( i=0; i< Packages.Length; i++ ) {
		AddToPackageMap(Packages[i]);
		Log("Package" @ Packages[i] @ "added",Class.Outer.Name);
	}
}

static function FillPlayInfo(PlayInfo PlayInfo)
{
	Super.FillPlayInfo(PlayInfo);

PlayInfo.AddSetting("PackageLoader","Packages","Packages to Load",1,1,"Text","42",,,True);
}

static event string GetDescriptionText(string PropName)
{
	switch (PropName)
	{
		case "Packages":			return "Package list to load to ServerPackages.";
	}
	return Super.GetDescriptionText(PropName);
}

defaultproperties
{
  bAddToServerPackages = true;
  GroupName="KF-PkgLdr"
  FriendlyName="Package Loader"
  Description="Mutators adds specified packages to the ServerPackages"
}

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Alright guys so back to square one. For some reason the mapvote handler (versions one and two) cause an error somewhere and this dewhitelists macs. What i mean is when a mac user plays a server with votehandler they have level zero perks. Can we fix this cause I love the handler but my mac buddies cant play on the server because of it.

Are you definitely sure that its that mutator? I've had a friend on a Mac play on our servers with no issues. I believe with both versions.

Upvote 0
umm 1. you have to install the mutator that's how it works. Two you have to download it to cache to play.

If you read the post they linked, it looks like all that might be needed is for the client to install the mutator manually (can just take them out of the cache if they know how to rename them correctly etc)

Then try to reconnect, it shouldn't need to download them from then.

It worth a shot, your Mac users don't really have anything to lose do they?

Upvote 0