• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[GameType] DM Mayhem

kfdmmayhemdmmhbanner.png
About
KF's deathmatch mayhem pits players against each other in the old fashioned free for all carnage. Only this time, specimens will lend a hand.

DM Mayhem is a modification than turns Killing Floor into a deathmatch game, but with the specimens running and attacking players.
It supports team based DM and two flavours: trader mode and no trader mode.
Trader mode will have waves, pretty much like conventional KF but with a few tweaks to make it consistent.
No trader mode feels more like traditional DM: no waves, just a continuous flow of monsters. Ammo, weapons and armor will spawn throughout the game.

Please, bear in mind this is a beta release. Expect bugs. I'm not sure I'll continue supporting this with much content or changes, but I'll address anything that prevents it from being played.

Thanks a lot to everyone that helped me during development, specially Linfosoma (Sgt. Lag) for supporting and ideas.

Attachments

• kfdmmh.0.4.bin.zip
    71.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: BulletMorgue
Hey guys, glad you like the idea.
And yes, lots of stuff can be made, but first we have to get to our first 'final' release.

A TDM mod has already been done (killing strike) but not with specimens added in.

Looking forward to this mod. Killing strike is a bit out-dated weapons wise.

Perhaps this one will catch on more and have more maps made for it?

Killing Strike it's an awesome mod, but the idea is different. I came up with this when thinking about our old doom sessions, where we shot at each other with cacodemons and stuff flying around.

And the idea is not to make new maps, but to use the existing ones to play.
No download time and full reusability with any new map released.

Cheers !

Upvote 0
platefox responded to my thread so i figured i would do the same here ;)

this concept is close to the direction of my idea for a competition gametype and maps.....the idea of teams of humans vs. humans, although it would be indirectly as they are actually trying to outlast the each other by surviving the endless waves of specimen.

Upvote 0
i just got done trying this out and i'm quite pleased for it only being a beta. i used it along with the human A.I. mutator so that i could have something to shoot at and something to shoot at me!! i also used the perks replacement mutator so i could play as a level5 etc.... it works with both mutators just fine, and the only problem was that with the A.I. mut, all the bots joined only one team, but no problem as i just joined the other....point is it worked for me to test with.

i tried to set the damage scale for TDM to 0 to see if that would stop damage between all humans because i'm looking into using this for team competition. this didn't work because i still got shot and killed, and i could kill the bots on the other team.

just trying to figure out the points system and how this could be modified to work for team competition.....but this has a ton of potential to become something that KF desperately needs......real team competition. not death match, but team vs. team killing ZEDs. KF has deathmatch, and imo it sucks. this has the potential to be something different and better and i hope more see the potential in it and i hope you can find some coders to help it continue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
just trying to figure out the points system and how this could be modified to work for team competition.....but this has a ton of potential to become something that KF desperately needs......real team competition. not death match, but team vs. team killing ZEDs. KF has deathmatch, and imo it sucks. this has the potential to be something different and better and i hope more see the potential in it and i hope you can find some coders to help it continue.

Hmmm, that's an interesting idea.

I still think that some sort of capture the flag with zeds in the middle would be fun too, but since Im not the coder (just a tester) I'll leave that up to Platefox :D

Upvote 0
we me and platefox were chatting about some possibilities earlier and came up with some really great potential ideas for developing this into something new and completely unique from anything else KF has.

we were working on the best concept for essentially creating the ability for allowing two teams to compete against each other on the same map for surviving equal waves of zeds to see who could last longer. he had a great idea to basically make it so each team is assigned the same amount of speciman in the same loadout spawns, but your opposing team and "their" zeds would just be "ghosts" which would allow teams to play on the same map, at the same time, against the same odds. because you'd not see you opponents or their zeds, teams would not have to worry about camping the same location and being in each other's way. now the concept seems great, but he said he's gotta look into how possible it is.

should the ghost technique be possible, the next feature would be to have a 2nd zed counter to show the progress of your opposing team. granted the wave could only end once both teams have finished off their zeds, or one team dies. the idea would be to follow the same format of KF right now, except have team survival in endless amounts of waves, of course progressively getting harder so that one team will eventually die.

the great thing about this mutator and it's possibilities is that it's just a mutator and would work with any map.....eliminating having to make custom maps like is needed with the killing strike mod for example.

platefox just needs some encouragement to continue!!!! help him realize how great this could be :)

Upvote 0
A Big thank you

A Big thank you

I just want to say a big THANK YOU to you, PlateFox for this great mutator :)

I use it on my server, and now I've got the great gameplay of KF and much much and much more fun :D

Thank you again, I would like to talk more but I don't speak english very well :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
IP address?

The problem was : no players came in my server with this mut :eek:

That's bad because it's a great mut and there's a lot of things that i love :

- The player's speed is good (not too fast)
- The damage scale can be set up
- It's fun to kill a player who is surrounded by zombies :D
- Players cannot camp because there's zombies spawning
(but if all players don't kill the last zombie the next wave don't spawn)

and (again)... badly there's not enough players :(

Upvote 0