• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Buzzsaw noise spam

Is there a way to somehow mod the game to remove the buzzsaw discs ringing while they are on the ground, stuck in the walls etc.?
I always hated it, but it was a lesser problem on normal servers, because they are kinda pricy, and zerks tended to at least sometimes pick them back up, and had not much of them, so i could run away to theother side of the map to not hear the noise, but currently I'm playing on modded servers with ininite ammo, and it gets bloody unbearable when someone buys this weapon and covers the entire map with those bloody ringing discs, makng my ears bleed.

So, umm, yeah. Some time ago i've finally found a way, and managed to make a very crude mod that solves this problem. I am very lame at KF modding, so It is simply a modified .uax file that, among other things, contains the bloody buzzsaw discs' ringing sound that i (and some other people) hate so friggin much. So i just renamed it inside the said .uax file and casted some magic spell upon that file so it won't trigger the "version mismatch" error when you try to connect to pure (vanilla, whitelisted) servers with VAC protection and stuff. Aaaand DONE. No more friggin buzzsaw ringing noise, ever. I can once again enjoy my KF on any custom server i wish to play, even if there are like 20 Berserkers running around and shooting thoulsands of Buzzsaw Bow Discs allover the map.
I wasn't sure if that "magic" i did with the file might cause a VAC ban or anything, since it cheats the KF's file consistency check system, so i never released my mod to the public, but, playing with this mod on quite a few modded and pure servers for about a year and sharing it with a couple of other buzzsaw hating players, who, supposedly, played on auite a few different servers, and not getting angry reports like "you bastard, your mod gave my acc a VAC" from them convinces me that i did everything right and my mod CAN be considered safe to use (probably).
Thus, i now think i can proudly declare that i've made a remedy for this buzzsaw cancer and can share it with anyone who might be interested in getting it. Though, i am still not sure if it's 100% safe, so i'm not going to post it in open access, but rather share personally. I'm not sure if it is okay to post any contacts like my Steam profile, Vk.com profile, e-mail and/or any other social media contacts, so just try to PM me here orreply in this topic, if you are willing to get this mod, and let's hope i'll get an e-mail notification about that, sooner or later (of course, if i won't get tired of checking my e-mail and stop doing that for thenext 5+ months like i did this spring, lol). Anyways, if i will, you can always try to find me somewhere by the nickname Vic, Vic47 or Vic2077 and ask personally (Steam would be the best variant, i suppose).
If you don't trust me and my "magic", i can explain to you how to make that mod so you could do that yourself, instead of sending you a modded file directly. Or, you can use your brain, guess my methods, and find the tutorials that helped me to bypass the "version mismatch" issue (it is about messing with the GUID, actualy, if this rings a bell for ya).
May the Force be with You, always. =)

Upvote 0