• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Killing Floor 1 - Mass Spawning [MAX Killable/On-map/In-play Zeds] || MOD IDEA

jts215

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 11, 2018
Hello all, my name is JT, this is my first time using this website and I must say I am grateful for the content I have found here and want to contribute and idea. And this line is the end of my formal introduction.

Now let's get down to business.

[FONT=georgia, serif]Premise: I am 100% positive that there are a number of players seeking to increase the maximum amount of killable, on-map, and in-play zeds while playing KF1. We need a mutator for this and from what I can tell nothing like it has been made yet. Ideally, a mod/mutator such as this would increase the amount maximum zombies that are [/FONT]active and on the map and killable [FONT=georgia, serif]at any given time. I myself have done some homework to synthesize some data that might help in creating such a mod. I am not a coder myself so we will all need to work together here. [/FONT]

I want to be specific here, because I know there are a lot of threads similar to what I am talking about, but they are not as specific as what I am discussing here, please read through.

[FONT=georgia, serif]THEORY - READ TO SEE
A.) Description of the mod itself and
B.) Two scenarios in order to illustrating/demonstrating effects of mod.
[/FONT]​

The Mass Spawn Mod[FONT=georgia, serif] [/FONT][FONT=georgia, serif]would be able to simply multiply rate of spawning or manipulate[/FONT][FONT=georgia, serif] how many zeds can be in-play/killable/on-map at one time. The player, whilst setting up the game sets the "multiplier" for how fast zeds out to spawn, or not. The player can choose instead to simply set the multiplier to off and choose "Release mode". The mod also uses a "timer" to set when it will release x # of zeds based on what the player desires. This release timer can be set to the very beginning of the wave, therefore spawning all zeds that are part of a specific wave at once, or, set such that when a certain % of the wave is complete then a certain figure (#/%/the remainder) of zombies are spawned[/FONT]

Scenario 1. Mod in use. ) [FONT=georgia, serif]Player has set mod in-play zeds to "80" (sounds like a reasonable max for the mod) and player is now in game. Wave 3 has just begun and there are exactly 80 zombies. Due to the effect of the mod on game-play, the player can actually see, hunt, and kill all 80 of the zombies at any given time because they have all spawned at the beginning of the wave according to the setting of the theoretical mod. Another way that this can happen is that the player sets the in-play zeds to "80" and sets the timer to 50% and then at wave 5, which contains 160 zeds, after the first 80 have been spawned normally (as in "vanilla" style and not simultaneously), the last 80 are then spawned simultaneously as according to the setting of the mod. [/FONT]

Scenario 2. Vanilla game-play. ) [FONT=georgia, serif]Player is in game, wave 3, 80 zombies. The player can hunt and kill but so many of them because some number of them are [/FONT]yet to be spawned[FONT=georgia, serif]. E.g. Player must wait some time for maxzombiesonce limit (found in KillingFloor.ini or ScrnBalanceSrv) to be reached in order to not even as many as 80 zeds (unless that is the limit set, but even then there is still the waiting game).

Note: This mod concept is very different form the maxzombiesonce in the KF.ini or wherever that KFGamtype. etc stuff is.. The main difference is that if you have ScrN like I do, it shows zombie kills (if you do not you can see the counter anyway). Well if you use "mopup" command after enabling cheats it would probably kill 4-15 zeds at a time given how much time the player waits in between using the command. Maybe as much as are in the maxzombiesonce line if the player kites/waits long enough for all that spawning to happen. Whereas with this mod, after enabling cheats via the console, the player can use the "mopup" command and 80 zombies that are on the map of 80 zombies will die. [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]The code
I have ideas for coding based on what I have researched. Ultimately there are 2 things that come to mind: [/FONT]​

[FONT=georgia, serif]1. This mutator it seems will only work by manipulating some code involved in the KFMod.u/KFgametype.uc. Like I said, I don't code. I literally just began playing killing floor this month and got addicted immediately and when I get obsessive I go hard and strong. So this is what I have found. Namely, within the KFgamtype.uc there are some things of interest:
"SetupWave();" function I read somewhere is a matter of interest, but what I found more useful was "NextSpawnTime = KFLRules.WaveSpawnPeriod;" It is the jackpot, in my humble opinion. Here, on a per game length basis, you can manipulate spawning rates and such. I only imagine that a mutator can extend off of these things and create its own parameters that correspond to those found in the KFgametype.uc. Here is just one section of the code, for a normal game.

else if( KFGameLength == GL_Normal )
{
// Make the zeds come faster in the earlier waves
if( WaveNum < 4 )
{
if( NumPlayers == 4 ) # we can set this to something like > 0
{
NextSpawnTime *= 0.85; # and this part to .01
}
else if( NumPlayers == 5 ) # Then that would pretty much tell the game to constantly spawn zeds
{
NextSpawnTime *= 0.65; #That we the mod could then control the flow.
}
else if( NumPlayers >= 6 ) #Maybe new kfmod can be sent as pkg in servers? it only saves to cache right?
{
NextSpawnTime *= 0.3; #
}
}
// Give a slightly bigger breather in the later waves #maybe remove all this below entirely.
else if( WaveNum >= 4 )
{
if( NumPlayers <= 3 )
{
NextSpawnTime *= 1.1;
}
else if( NumPlayers == 4 )
{
NextSpawnTime *= 1.0;//0.85;
}
else if( NumPlayers == 5 )
{
NextSpawnTime *= 0.75;//0.65;
}
else if( NumPlayers >= 6 )
{
NextSpawnTime *= 0.6;//0.3;
}
}
}

2. Prevent telefragging. Maybe the mutator can detect spawn zones and apply something like the "antiblocker" mod in those areas for zeds to prevent collision. Then it can do a random speed increase on the zeds depending on type (e.g. crawler is faster than siren and needs less of a boost) in order to make then walk from spawning zone a bit faster if and only if the player isn't near, in which case they'd reduce to normal spawn speed until player is further away. The mod can do a checklastzed() function to see what zed came from same spawn spot before it, and based on that speed of this zed is determined, keeping them at a good spacing

Please look at this sad sample of theoretical code to feel what a brother is trying to holler about:

#"rush" to make spawned zeds move to player faster.

init CHK killdistance (xyzed, xypawn) #see how far zed is from player
(
If killdistance > x
(
then rushzed (speed==999)
until xyzed == 50%(xyzed-xypawn)
) #If zed is greater than this distance from player, speed up zed movement until zed is half that distance away
else DONOTHING #or NAHHH
)

Anyway. That is about all I have to say. What do you all think??[/FONT]