• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Weapons in Server: Can't put in Trader Menu without also spawning with them...?

CottonTM

Sep 18, 2011
Hi all, my problem is this...

I've followed instructions down to the tee as far as I can tell, to install weapon content on my dedicated server.

What I have working
SCRN w/ Server Perks, Horzine tech/Gunslinger, etc, server file redirect through Skillz' gracious file hosting.

I'm testing one weapon because I want to ensure everything works correctly before I load up my server.

The weapon in question is "New_Glock17" (link to workshop page) by zxz_GAL_zxz.
I can get the gun in the trader's buy menu, but only if I add the mutators for the single and dual wield versions to my Launcher .bat file...

Doing so causes all players to spawn with them as well, unfortunately.

If I don't add the mutators, and have the Class/Pickup code properly assigned, then the content doesn't load ingame. I recently figured out that I'd been missing the line of code under ServerPackages in killingfloor.ini to trigger the weapon's download to clients, so that's added as well, but the issue still stands!

The only way I can get weapons ingame without adding them to spawn inventory is to use verybadkarma's weapon shop perk, which breaks all of the SCRN/Perk stuff.

Any ideas? For now it's all being downloaded by everyone but isn't ingame as I have the mutators for the Glock turned off. FYI, it seems like every downloaded weapon behaves the exact same way, it's not an issue with this specific weapon.

Edit: Poosh (scrn creator) responded to me in the Steam Community SCRN Mod Discussion, I will update here when I resolve my issue.

Last edited: