• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Mut: Per Server Stats

Is there a limit to how many weapons we can have in the trader list?

I think there is, because I have had to work around and remove some of the common stock ones. I'm also hitting the 2GB memory limit, but even staying in the 2GB memory limit of the game, if you have to many weapons, the game will crash. If I remember correctly, the game will load the first map, but when you go to the 2nd map, the server will crash and lock up.

Upvote 0
No, I got the segmentation fault errors whenever I start up the server with more than 127 weapons

I have 110 on my list and I think I can maybe go 1 or 2 more or maybe not, i may be at the max... not for certain before it crashes as i stated above... I think if you go way over the limit, it does crash when you first start the server... It's been a long time since that has happened to me. I think that happened to me, when i tried to add the KFL weapons a while back, with the stock ones and some custom ones.... I think if your close to the limit like I am, if you go over a few, you can start the game to the first map, but after you vote and go to the next one, it locks up.

At first I thought it was the memory limit i was hitting, but after i found that if i removed some stock weapons, the server worked again, I found that there must be a weapon limit for server perks or for killing floor. I'm kinda at the border at both weapons and memory :p I've just had to trial and error to get what i have running right now, weapons and mods and such. :) To stay in the limit of the weapon limit and also the games memory limit :\

Upvote 0
PAll resources custom weapons use must be statically loaded into memory. So sooner or later you'll run out of memory.

I rewrote Preload/Unload assets calls in ScrnBalance, so it now supports Refs instead of static links (e.g. MeshRef instead of Mesh etc.). But then every weapon's code must be rewritten too to use this. But if you do so, your weapon won't work without ScrnBalance anymore (its resources won't be loaded, if ScrnBalance isn't used).

Maybe I'll contact with Marco to make ServerPerks support refs of custom weapons by default.

Upvote 0