• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Mut: Per Server Stats

Have been trying to get version 6 to work since last night(first time using the serverside mod)... Everything seems to work, except, I'm unable to see my weapons categories. Some weapons show up on the list, but I'm not seeing any categories nor am I seeing all the weapons... :\ I'm sure I'm leaving out sometime small... but, I can't find it... :\ any quick ideas for why my categories for the weapons are not showing?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well... Looks like the perks part of the serverside perks are working, but the custom weapons are not.. :( I even added the dual wielder and it works. I'm only getting a weapons menu like the stock one. None of the categories are coming up, nor any of the custom weapons... :\ Is there anything special one must do to make the weapons work? I have been trying for hours... and I don't think I have missed anything... well... i guess i have, because it's not working :) i have read post after post, and i haven't found anything that jumps out at me.

Any ideas or help be great :D

Some more info. I was using the CustomShop mod, but i removed it from the severpackages and the batch file, so,it's not loading. It works perfect. But, my problem with that mod, is your limited to 63 weapons :( But, I may end up having to use that mod for the weapons instead of serverside mod :( This is killing me, i have got mods out the rump to work together, but I have tried everything I can think of... and i can't get the categories or custom weapons to show for serverside mod :( "Bangs head against table repeatedly".....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is there a simple tutorial for first time set up of server perks? I haven't been able to get mine working at all and it seems like it doesn't behave like a normal mutator (because of its awesome powers).

Even if it's as simple as "copy to your system directory and start the server from the command line with ?Mutator=ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut", I'm sure it'll help a lot of lost users like myself.

Upvote 0
Is there a simple tutorial for first time set up of server perks? I haven't been able to get mine working at all and it seems like it doesn't behave like a normal mutator (because of its awesome powers).

Even if it's as simple as "copy to your system directory and start the server from the command line with ?Mutator=ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut", I'm sure it'll help a lot of lost users like myself.

Pretty much nailed it right there.

Upvote 0
I can't get this to work. At first, it said "This perk is unavailable" when trying to select a perk. I changed the minimum level players can have to 0 and now no perks appear at all in the list.

EDIT: I've isolated the problem. There seems to be a problem with ServerPerks' Demolitions. After restarting, the game automatically stopped using Demolitions and now it works. However, Demolitions is disabled. Also, my perks don't save. I have qualified for Level 0 Sharpshooter at least 3 times now.

EDIT 2: It seems the Demolitions problem was caused by the dread mutator. Probably because it blows up and somehow tries to use the Demolitions in a certain way. Also, I fixed the no saving problem. I accidentally had not set the amount of waves as save interval to at least 1, meaning I had to actually either win or die.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is there a way to just reset my SDK to the way it was before I installed Serverperks so I can start from scratch? If I do that I can probably work out if it's user error, compatibility issue, or bug in the most recent version.

Try to verify game cache for KF and the KF SDK.

You're not supposed to alter the original packages, you know.

Also, what do I add in Server Packages? I can't select any perks when hosting a Listen Server, only when playing Solo.

Upvote 0
I cannot get ServerPerksMut or ServerPerksP to compile at all. Didn't change a thing, just isn't happening. I keep seeing this:
Analyzing...
General protection fault!

History: DowngradeDependencies <- UEditorEngine::MakeScripts <- UMakeCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error
Step-by-step:
1) download source
2) extract into steamapps\common\KillingFloor
3) add to EditPackages within KillingFloor.ini
4) ucc make
5) failure :(

"ServerPerks" has its own set of issues, but I don't really care about that, since I'm not wanting to change anything. I know, rename, version mismatch, etc. But I'm just trying to compile the source as is, a trial run so to speak, and even that fails...

Upvote 0
I cannot get ServerPerksMut or ServerPerksP to compile at all. Didn't change a thing, just isn't happening. I keep seeing this:
Step-by-step:
1) download source
2) extract into steamapps\common\KillingFloor
3) add to EditPackages within KillingFloor.ini
4) ucc make
5) failure :(

"ServerPerks" has its own set of issues, but I don't really care about that, since I'm not wanting to change anything. I know, rename, version mismatch, etc. But I'm just trying to compile the source as is, a trial run so to speak, and even that fails...

Are you wanting to run the server with the files or are you trying to edit the source files then compile them?

If your wanting to run a server with Serverperks, the source files are not needed. :)

If your wanting to compile the Serverperks source files, just to see how it compiles, then compile the files on the server directory you'll be running them on. :) I got that same message when I was doing a mod, when I tried to compile source files on the Killing Floor SDK. Quickly found out, that Killing Floor SDK is there just for source files and the editor. I compiled mine on the dedicated server files i downloaded and am running the server off of. :)

Not for certain if that makes sense... if not, let me know, and I'll try to explain it a little better. :)

EDIT:
Or if your using the SDK, try rebuilding the source files, as I found out while modding a perk and I was looking for source files for standard weapons... However, I still did not use the SDK to compile my files. I used my dedicated server I was running the mod on. But to rebuild your SDK source files, read below. It may help, just a shot in the dark. :)

EpharGy gave me that hint when I was modding.
you probably need to rebuild the source in the SDK as it doesnt come with the latest.

Open the editor in your Killing Floor SDK
On the Actor Classes tab of the browser. go File -> Export All

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Open the editor in your Killing Floor SDK
On the Actor Classes tab of the browser. go File -> Export All
I did this, but it didn't help :(

And now I'm super confused. I'm getting the same error as last night, except on my own weapon mutator. It just won't compile anymore, I can't modify it at all. I must have compiled it over two dozen times, suddenly it doesn't work. Wha?

Sorry that last bit is only tangentially on topic.

Upvote 0
I did this, but it didn't help :(

And now I'm super confused. I'm getting the same error as last night, except on my own weapon mutator. It just won't compile anymore, I can't modify it at all. I must have compiled it over two dozen times, suddenly it doesn't work. Wha?

Sorry that last bit is only tangentially on topic.

Have you tried compiling the source with killing floor dedicated server? I tried to compile only once with the SDK, and I got the same error your getting. However, I did not try to compile again after rebuilding the source files on the SDK. I'm guessing others use SDK to compile? I'm not for certain, but I didn't for my mods. I used the editor for the textures and that's it.

I'm going to guess and ay the reason your other mod probably isn't compiling now, is because the SDK is rebuilt and is up to a newer version of files, and maybe your mod that you have been compiling is built on those older files and now your getting an error because of the newer files?

Just guessing, because I'm still a little lost on what your doing? I myself, would download the dedicated server files for killing floor, and use it to compile source files. Just keep the dedicated server up to date, so your using the most recent killing floor files. And use the SDK for source files and for it's editor. Your probably still going to get an error on your mod with the dedicated server files, you'll have to go through your source files with each error it gives you when you compile it, and find the line or lines that are bad and fix them.

If you do install the dedicated server files. I would install it to something simple like. C:\killingfloor

Then, inside of c:\killingfloor
make a directory of your mutator, mymutator meaning c:\killingfloor\mymutator

Then make a directory called classes inside that one, so it would be
c:\killingfloor\mymutator\classes
now inside classes place your source files, that your wanting to create the mod from.

Then, go into killingfloor.ini in your system directory and go to the EditPackages
What ever your mutators director was called
EditPackages=mymutator

Then use this code in a batch file compile.bat

del "C:\killingfloor\system\mymutator.u"
"C:\killingfloor\System\UCC.exe" make
del "C:\killingfloor\system\steam_appid.txt"
pause

If you have errors, this code for the batch file. Will one, stop the screen from disappearing so you can look at what source file and where or what line is causing the problem. if you close it, it saves a file steam_appid.txt in your system folder, that you can look at the compile and where it errors.

Compile, and if you get an error, find it fix it, run compile again. if another error find and fix. I would suggest looking over the source files and scanning over them before running compile over and over again. But, maybe this will help you out? I'm still a little lost on what your trying to do :confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm going to guess and ay the reason your other mod probably isn't compiling now, is because the SDK is rebuilt and is up to a newer version of files, and maybe your mod that you have been compiling is built on those older files and now your getting an error because of the newer files?
I want to say thank you, this gave me the idea to do a fresh install of the SDK, and that actually fixed everything. Even made my new perk within the ServerPerks mutator. Now I'm having issues getting certain perk attributes to take effect, but that's fine. I'm terrible at coding and this is a fun challenge.

Thank you again for helping! :)

edit:
I actually got everything working the way I want.

Also, thanks to Marco for this mutator. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't change perk. Game write me this message: "your desired perk is unavailable"
Server ver. 1039
In mut config ServerPerksV6:

Perks=ServerPerksP.SRVetSupportSpec
Perks=ServerPerksP.SRVetBerserker
Perks=ServerPerksP.SRVetCommando
Perks=ServerPerksP.SRVetFieldMedic
Perks=ServerPerksP.SRVetFirebug
Perks=ServerPerksP.SRVetSharpshooter
Perks=ServerPerksP.SRVetDemolitions

bAllowAlwaysPerkChanges=True

Please help

Last edited:
Upvote 0
it's a server, we play with friends, i change param from "MinPerksLevel=-1" to "MinPerksLevel=0" and now all works =)
This is not a problem, it is a feature.
If you set "MinPerksLevel=-1" then the player will be able to select the perk until reach the first level (i.e. Level 0). For instance: he must do 10 headshots otherwise will be unable to select the SharpShooter perk; he must take 5k melee damage otherwise otherwise will be unable to select the Berserker perk. Got it?

Upvote 0