• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Mut: Per Server Stats

You have waaaay too much stuff loaded at once, you will need to remove some stuff like weapons, mutators, or other things
I see it now that you were right :) I was "forced" to withdraw some of the skins and the problem has gone away, now all my maps are working :D ...but still that is at least theoretical problem to solve (for those who care) "why the hell some maps work and the rest don't?" ;)

Upvote 0
I see it now that you were right :) I was "forced" to withdraw some of the skins and the problem has gone away, now all my maps are working :D ...but still that is at least theoretical problem to solve (for those who care) "why the hell some maps work and the rest don't?" ;)

It's unknown to me but it appears to only happen on small maps or highly detailed maps

Upvote 0
I moved from a Windows Box to a Linux Box using TCAdmin and now the stats are not loading at all... Can anyone help?

First issue when porting serverperks from windows to linux are line endings. Windows uses \r\n (10 and 13 ASCII characters) while linux only \n. There are many tools to convert text files from windows to linux format. For example you can open ServerPerksStat.ini with Notepad++ and select Edit -> EOL conversion.

Second, as ro_sauce already said, are steamid's. Try to set bUsePlayerNameAsID=True in ServerPerks.ini. If perks will work, then it is steamid's issue.

Btw, Marco, can you make it to work both player identification methods in the same time? That is, look for a player record by ID, if not found - look again by name (in case of steamid has been changed). It could make life easier for many admins...

Upvote 0
First issue when porting serverperks from windows to linux are line endings. Windows uses \r\n (10 and 13 ASCII characters) while linux only \n. There are many tools to convert text files from windows to linux format. For example you can open ServerPerksStat.ini with Notepad++ and select Edit -> EOL conversion.

Second, as ro_sauce already said, are steamid's. Try to set bUsePlayerNameAsID=True in ServerPerks.ini. If perks will work, then it is steamid's issue.

Btw, Marco, can you make it to work both player identification methods in the same time? That is, look for a player record by ID, if not found - look again by name (in case of steamid has been changed). It could make life easier for many admins...

First of all, thanks for all the responses, but I have already got someone to help me write a script to convert all 1200 IDs in my database into Linux IDs. I always used bUsePlayerNameAsID because I expect ppl (including myself, to always change to different names at different times).

Upvote 0
IJC Weaps and ServerPerks

IJC Weaps and ServerPerks

I know this isnt really a ServerPerks Issue, but I have psoted the Q on the IJC Forum with no response.

Does anyone have any insight to get the IJC Weaps to work with ServerPerksV5

Ive been trying to write a Mut that will scale the cost with no luck so far. IJC PerkActivation14 was compiled against ServerPerksV4

Yea, I know this isnt anyones problem here - Just wondering if anyone had any ideas or experience getting it to work ?

TIA :D

Upvote 0
Testing now on my live server - works well - No discount on IJC, but i may have to do something still to configure it correctly for perk discount

Its more IJC's job than yours from what I see - but it will give me something to practice on for a Mutator that hooks the code and adjusts the price accordingly :D

Upvote 0
Deriving class from SRHUDKillingFloor stops smiles from working.

Example:
MyHUDKillingFloor.uc:
Code:
class MyHUDKillingFloor extends SRHUDKillingFloor;

MyMutator.uc:
Code:
simulated function PostBeginPlay()
{
    Level.Game.HUDType = string(Class'MyMutator.MyHUDKillingFloor');
}

When launching the game with ServerPerksV6 + MyMutator, smiles don't work. But they work when launching ServerPerksV6 only.

Maybe it is because smiles are imported in the ServerPerks.u, not stored in a .utx?

Unless something has changed recently; some mutators that have custom HUD elements or that extend of the base HUD class can cause problems with or break server perks HUD depending upon the function that is being called.
(Looks at his own words in confusion and hopes it makes sense)

I got around this in a large mod project by extending the ServerPerks HUD, making the changes I needed and extended ServerPerks and overode the function to force it to call on my new HUD. While this is not practical for small mods it is a work around for a server admin.

Alternatively, maybe it'd be possible to perform a check in a mutator to see if a certain HUD is in use or a mutator is present. Unfortuanatly I've not figured this last bit out myself. If you have any luck please do let me know.

Upvote 0
Deriving class from SRHUDKillingFloor stops smiles from working.

Example:
MyHUDKillingFloor.uc:
Code:
class MyHUDKillingFloor extends SRHUDKillingFloor;

MyMutator.uc:
Code:
simulated function PostBeginPlay()
{
    Level.Game.HUDType = string(Class'MyMutator.MyHUDKillingFloor');
}

When launching the game with ServerPerksV6 + MyMutator, smiles don't work. But they work when launching ServerPerksV6 only.

Maybe it is because smiles are imported in the ServerPerks.u, not stored in a .utx?

I'm sorry. This issue only happens in solo games (and maybe only on my PC due to tons of custom content installed for a game). When playing on dedicated server, everything works fine. Sorry for misinformation.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry. This issue only happens in solo games (and maybe only on my PC due to tons of custom content installed for a game). When playing on dedicated server, everything works fine. Sorry for misinformation.
That might explain it. Marco has moved onto more of the server side so some of it doesn't work properly on Solo.

Upvote 0