• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Fleshpound Chaingunner Mutator

Slappy Cromwell

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
I have cobbled together a simple mutator that replaces the Fleshpound with its unused counterpart, the Fleshpound Chaingunner. To install, simply place the following files in your "killingfloor\System" directory: KFRangedPounds.zip

The code for the Fleshpound Chaingunner was sitting around in the KFChar folder, so I thought it would be fun to activate to see how it worked. It's clearly very buggy, so I don't recommend this for any sort of serious play. Regardless, it's still pretty interesting to see in action.

I wish to stress that I take no credit for any of this. The code, mesh, texture, and etc. are all already there. They just won't immediately function without some manipulating.

Important Edit: I have updated the mutator to address all of the issues mentioned below. You can play using it in any normal fashion and there is no risk of possible crashes.

Here's a short YouTube video demonstrating the mutator:
YouTube - Killing Floor - Fleshpound Chaingunners Mutator

Last edited:
It's a limitation in the spawn code. For the very first zombies that appear during a wave, the mutator won't take effect. Unfortunately, Fleshpounds always spawn at the very beginning of waves they appear in. If you're testing this in Solo mode using any of the default difficulties, you'll likely never see the mutator take effect since those are usually the only Fleshpounds that spawn during the entire wave. However, I always play in Sandbox mode when playing Solo and, for whatever reason, this limitation doesn't affect Sandbox mode.

I've also just realized that this will cause another unfortunate bug: Killing a regular Fleshpound will make the game crash since it's trying to use the Fleshpound Chaingunner's ragdoll.

As I said before, this is mostly a novelty. I'll look into a way of fixing these bugs (Although I've never seen or written a single line of this Unreal engine code prior to yesterday), but until then, I suggest testing this mutator solely in Sandbox mode.

Upvote 0
Don't know what to say about that. I tested the mutator just now and the Fleshpound Chaingunners spawn in place of regular Fleshpounds without issue.

Unfortunately, I did come across a different mutator-breaking bug: the Chaingunner's bullets no longer damage the player. This has to do with one of KF's recent updates that changed the player's collision box or some such. I believe the Doom mutator has the same problem. I have no idea how to fix this, so I'm afraid to say that this is most likely the end for this mutator.

R.I.P. Fleshpound Chaingunners. You will live forever in our hearts.

Upvote 0
I can fix this easily!
EDIT: I wish to post a remake of your mutator: KFRangedPounds. They now have walking anims and they don't have any glitches or anything of that stuff that it previously had. Do I have permission?
PS: I posted that on your user vistor message dialogue box.

So, were is the remake of the Mutator, you've been talking about? I know, it's been a long time since the moment you posted this message, but I want the link :D

Upvote 0
I have this running on my web server. So that I can summon the RangedPounds I have added a ServerPackage line as follows:

ServerPackages=KFRangedPounds

Now when I start up my web server there are a couple of errors associated with this package. It reads that I have missing classes for KFVomitJet and BrainSplash. I did a search on my computer for them and found them in :\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\ROEffects\Classes. I then tried pasting them in the system directory. I launched the server and the errors were still present.

Any idea of how I can fix these errors? Thank you.

Upvote 0