• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Weapon Models By tbSP!TF!RE

he was called out for possibly stealing a model and asked to post proof of his innocence

instead of redeeming himself he just removed the model in question

to me this doesnt change the situation if anything now i question the credibility of all his works

This. Its surpringly common to see people releasing custom content other people made and claim it as their own. Some of them are even very convincing.

I dont know wether he made the models or not but the way he acted made me doubt all his work too...

Upvote 0
Ok after my light fit of rage I PM'd Yoshiro.

"Honestly the whole situation has got me quite angry so please don't brush me off.. Here is what i am talking about:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=52096http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=52096

Look Spitfire is a wicked modeller and even The Sorrow said:

"I gotta say it does look pretty much the same, but when I had the files sent to Me, the texture was more grungy and bloody, the gun was even lop sided, took him 3 weeks to make and I saw a screeny a while back of an increment save, also seen more of his models and they are really good, I really don't think he's stolen it, I know I am late to say and have no proof to show... but this is was I have seen from when the files were sent My way

I know he said he took the model, but I am guessing that was to stop people from telling him he stole it... idk, please don't take what I said the wrong way.... "

I also saw progressive screens of the model from when he was making it from idea to what everyone saw. This judgement is TOTALLY unproven and total bull****.

Every nail gun i ever used in real life looked just like that so it's extremely common anyway. With all due respect even with his military history Z3RO is being a total TROLL. (I thought there were rules about that?)

I have been participating in these forums, run a Killing Floor clan of over 500, and have also made many character skin contributions already. I want to participate in the forums but if this is how the cards are going to fall I can't with piece of mind continue.

Please fix this."

All I have read so far is how you think he should be unbanned. I haven't seen any proof, or anything to claim his innocents, except personal feelings. I also love how you come out of the wood works months after he's banned and start calling people trolls, and then demand him be unbanned, I'm sure your trying to be a good friend, but if my friend came to bail me out of jail, months later, I would wonder where they had been this whole time.

Now to the point. Being a 3D Artist (Have been doing 3D Art for many years) I've seen alot of people steal content and claim it as their own, it's fairly common, especially within the HL2 Modding community. Where people commonly release their files on to websites such as fpsbanana for others to download, Like Yoshiro said, we're pretty tight nit community, especial HL2 modders. When I saw that Nail Gun, I was 100 percent sure it was stolen from TF2, How you must ask? I've seen the damn thing compiled hundreds of times.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Nail_Gunhttp://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Nail_Gun
http://www.gamebanana.com/skins/47379http://www.gamebanana.com/skins/47379
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=75218http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=75218

I asked him to post wireframes, if he had did so, I would have posted the wireframes from the original model, and we could have compared them, to see if they were the same or not. Proving his innocents or guilt. Instead he didn't and received a ban. If the Model was his, he shouldn't have hesitated to post wireframes, what would he have to hide?

I also love the whole I run a clan blah blah I have 32 post so I'm entitled to things. Actually your not, now please step down from your high horse, it's getting cold and lonely up there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
but when I had the files sent to Me, the texture was more grungy and bloody, the gun was even lop sided, took him 3 weeks to make and I saw a screeny a while back of an increment save, also seen more of his models and they are really good, I really don't think he's stolen it, I know I am late to say and have no proof to show... but this is was I have seen from when the files were sent My way

while they look very similar, if you look closely it appears as those there are some subtle differences.....check around the trigger and the "barrel" section. the main stock portion also appears to not be exactly the same dimensions. it kinda looks like a he was using the TF2 model as an example and essentially made a freehand copy that comes close to replicating it.

So..... I'm the only one that believes him? Get off YOUR high horse.

The only thing i saw was your accusations... you should have posted the wire frame right away to prove your accusation which you did not. If you are as good as u say you are you could have done that in seconds.

In AMERICA it is the prosecution's responsibility to carry the burden of proof - not the defense.

-[SiN]-bswearer;733224 has it right when he said "made a freehand copy that comes close to replicating it". He didn't refuse to provide a wireframe he just got tired of YOUR accusations and pulled it.

I know he said he took the model (off), but I am guessing that was to stop people from telling him he stole it."

He simply figured you weren't worth wasting his time. So as far as I can count from the witness testimony it's 3 to 1.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Showing wireframes has nothing to do with being "good" it's the simple task of pressing a single button. Showing wire frames of the original model wouldn't mean anything, if he hasn't shown his first so we can compare. Also models can look exactly same, it's the wireframes that makes the difference. That's why I asked him to post it. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about, so maybe you should stop pretending to be a E-lawyer?

FYI just because he added a little grunge in blood in Photoshop does not make the texture his.

Upvote 0
No...I don't make models you are correct. So what? He made that model and TONS of others. I'm not the only one that saw his work in progress.

My whole point with this is that your confrontational attitude spun this whole situation out of control and got someone banned. He does not have to answer to you. If a moderator asked for a file it would be a whole other story. Honestly I really don't care what you think. You started all this and I am not going to sit here and argue with you. Yes I also have deemed you not worth any more of my time.

I've stated my case. The moderators can look at all this and decide what they want to do with it.

do-not-feed-the-troll.png

Reactions: Gooblaster and Z3RO
Upvote 0
No...I don't make models you are correct. So what? He made that model and TONS of others. I'm not the only one that saw his work in progress.

My whole point with this is that your confrontational attitude spun this whole situation out of control and got someone banned. He does not have to answer to you. If a moderator asked for a file it would be a whole other story. Honestly I really don't care what you think. You started all this and I am not going to sit here and argue with you. Yes I also have deemed you not worth any more of my time.

I've stated my case. The moderators can look at all this and decide what they want to do with it.

I understand you trying to defend your friend and appreciate it but turning blame for him getting banned is ludicrous, as he inevitabley got himself banned.
All Z3RO did was question the validaty of the model, which I would have done myself, being a moderator or not.

Also, that is one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever heard because it would be like a judge saying to a witness in the stand, I don't have to take your word for it because you are not a lawyer, so what would you know?

As Yoshiro pointed out, the 'Content Owners disagreed' and they are not mods on the forum, so they shouldn't be able to defend their own material?

spitfire had ample chance to defend himself against the accusations with one simple action, yet decided not to do so and I am more than positive, Z3RO would have been the first to apologise if he was wrong but as the situation stands, it would appear that spitfire had no proof of his innocence, hence the ban.

This is the part where the thread spun out of control.

There is an etiquette to abide by on these types of forums, which is there to protect modders/moddellers work and we ALL have to abide by them regardless.
If being on the forum meant so much to spitfire, then he would have appreciated that and given proof when called out on the validity of his model but he didn't.

Upvote 0
I understand you trying to defend your friend and appreciate it but turning blame for him getting banned is ludicrous, as he inevitabley got himself banned.
All Z3RO did was question the validaty of the model, which I would have done myself, being a moderator or not.

Also, that is one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever heard because it would be like a judge saying to a witness in the stand, I don't have to take your word for it because you are not a lawyer, so what would you know?

As Yoshiro pointed out, the 'Content Owners disagreed' and they are not mods on the forum, so they shouldn't be able to defend their own material?

spitfire had ample chance to defend himself against the accusations with one simple action, yet decided not to do so and I am more than positive, Z3RO would have been the first to apologise if he was wrong but as the situation stands, it would appear that spitfire had no proof of his innocence, hence the ban.

This is the part where the thread spun out of control.

There is an etiquette to abide by on these types of forums, which is there to protect modders/moddellers work and we ALL have to abide by them regardless.
If being on the forum meant so much to spitfire, then he would have appreciated that and given proof when called out on the validity of his model but he didn't.

I couldn't agree more, If I was proven wrong I would have gladly apologized.

See now that is how to respond to a post or posts you don't necessarily agree with.

Yes, unlike calling people trolls without merit or posting childish and lame internet images. Practice what you preach buddy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Octane[Gn3s]
Upvote 0