• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Placing a custom static into play

For some reason it doesn't seems to be working.
Im the one that made the static mesh.
I imported the mesh as an .ASE file, then the texture as a .DDS and applied it. In the static mesh browser it looked fine, so I saved the package.

If I try to open said package the static shows up fine in the preview viewport, and if I try to add any of the statics that came with the game those are showing up, but nothing happens when I try to add mine :(

EDIT:
I figured it out, there was a problem with the exported in Blender, I used a different plugin and now it's showing up properly.

Im back baby!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok so here's the latest. The file Lag has sent me is a .USX file so I cannot select it for import within SDK. My option is to open the file, which I do. I can then add it into the editor just fine. The issue comes when I try to save the map. It says "couldn't save package-maybe file is read only?"

I tried saving the package as mylevel then resaving map but have the same results. Do I need this file to be .ASE?

Edit

LAG sent me .ASE and it works fine now

Last edited:
Upvote 0