• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation KFWeapons Re-Animated

The_Sorrow

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Australia
Hi everyone XB

I have been working on re-animating KF weapons & have currently re-done the Scar so from the old one it was:

drop magazine & grab "new one"
put magazine into the gun & hit the side to load the bullet into the barrel

the new one is:

tap magazine on the side of the gun to load up the bullet from the magazine
place magazine into the gun
hit the side of the gun with a closed hand ( no longer open)

I would upload pics but can't atm so I might some other time ;P

I want to change the part of hitting the side of the gun to using the leaver at the front of the gun :)

not blocked completely. if it's in the form of a mutator then it will have to be whitelisted for normal gameplay. if it isn't whitelisted then you just won't be able to level your perks while using the mutator.
ty :)

how would I get this whitelisted though?, having some probs with the animation in KF, I have to paint weights & I'm horrible at that but I can practice ;P. omarfw great to see you back :)

Upvote 0
why does the animation need fixing?
its fine as it is, he's not "hitting the side" he is depressing the bolt hold open catch to release the bolt.
why would he need to "tap magazine on the side of the gun to load up the bullet from the magazine" what good would that do?

have you never fired a gun before?

if you don't like the idea, just dont use the mut lol

Upvote 0
i dont quite understand it either ro sauce.

so he taps on the magazine before even loading it in the gun? then put its into the mag well AND then taps it a second time? 1 tap is fine enough dont you think? im not saying dont make this, just that it doesnt make much sense.
I wanted to remove tapping the side of the gun because of already loading the bullet up from hitting the magazine.

& ro sauce, I don't have to know everything about guns but to answer your question, yes I have fired a gun, an AUG/Styer & a Springfield rifle & an M1911 pistol & I didn't really want to change the SCAR animation it was mainly a test, I was going to change the animations of one of the grenade launchers, double barrel & the pump shotty because I wouldn't reload the shotgun bu turning it to the right because you wouldn't be able to see where you are loading the shell, unless you have been using it for long I guess you'd get use to where it is & an auto loader for it could do good too.

Upvote 0
I wanted to remove tapping the side of the gun because of already loading the bullet up from hitting the magazine.

ah, so you want him to tap the magazine instead of the gun after attaching a new magazine? ok that makes sense. i thought you were wanting him to:

-grab new mag and tap it
-place new mag into rifle
-tap mag again
-kill zombies

two taps dont make sense to me, im sure you can understand. i am surprised the beretta 92 (9mm tactical) doesnt have an animation where he taps the mag before loading it. i own one and this is a constant habit ive developed because dealing with 15 rounds in a mag they can move ajar and mess up feeding (usually the second or third round!)

Upvote 0
ah, so you want him to tap the magazine instead of the gun after attaching a new magazine? ok that makes sense. i thought you were wanting him to:

-grab new mag and tap it
-place new mag into rifle
-tap mag again
-kill zombies

two taps dont make sense to me, im sure you can understand. i am surprised the beretta 92 (9mm tactical) doesnt have an animation where he taps the mag before loading it. i own one and this is a constant habit ive developed because dealing with 15 rounds in a mag they can move ajar and mess up feeding (usually the second or third round!)
hmm I was going to get a Beretta 92 but I was curious about whether it is good or not? so does it have good accuracy, much recoil, does it jam much? & does it have much range?

Upvote 0
hmm I was going to get a Beretta 92 but I was curious about whether it is good or not? so does it have good accuracy, much recoil, does it jam much? & does it have much range?

-wonderful accuracy, great ironsights, great feel. it might be a little big if you have big hands. also, its got some weight to it even though its a 9mm.

-its a 9mm so recoil is very little. feels like a 22. it is lethal though so dont underestimate it.

-jamming all depends on the ammo, and the amount of care. but in most cases it will rarely jam because of its open slide design like the desert eagle, the spent casings are free to fly straight out of the gun. it makes jams really easy to clear.

-it has good range. but its a pistol so you might have a hard time at extended ranges. definitely no sniper rifle :p

-its double action meaning you can fire it even though the hammer isnt cocked back. this is good if you need to put some lead down range really quick, but using it in double action requires a stronger trigger pull - as you pull the trigger the hammer raises.

is it better than most pistols out there? yes, its durable, accurate, etc etc etc. is it better than a glock? YES. glocks will jam if you dont hold the gun with a FIRM grip. the beretta however can fire it limp wristed with no problem. this is good if your grip is weak, or if youre elderly, or if you are wounded etc etc.

Upvote 0
-wonderful accuracy, great ironsights, great feel. it might be a little big if you have big hands. also, its got some weight to it even though its a 9mm.

-its a 9mm so recoil is very little. feels like a 22. it is lethal though so dont underestimate it.

-jamming all depends on the ammo, and the amount of care. but in most cases it will rarely jam because of its open slide design like the desert eagle, the spent casings are free to fly straight out of the gun. it makes jams really easy to clear.

-it has good range. but its a pistol so you might have a hard time at extended ranges. definitely no sniper rifle :p

-its double action meaning you can fire it even though the hammer isnt cocked back. this is good if you need to put some lead down range really quick, but using it in double action requires a stronger trigger pull - as you pull the trigger the hammer raises.

is it better than most pistols out there? yes, its durable, accurate, etc etc etc. is it better than a glock? YES. glocks will jam if you dont hold the gun with a FIRM grip. the beretta however can fire it limp wristed with no problem. this is good if your grip is weak, or if youre elderly, or if you are wounded etc etc.
awesome thanks for the info, I'll get one soon & is a double stacked magazine the one which holds 15 shots? or what?

chese burger

Upvote 0
awesome thanks for the info, I'll get one soon & is a double stacked magazine the one which holds 15 shots? or what?

chese burger

depends what your states laws are. berettas hold either 10, or 15 round magazines. but some states only allow 10 rounds.

double stacked magazine is a 15 rounder. beretta was the first i think to make double stacked magazines for a pistol, since then alot of companies have copied the idea.

Upvote 0
depends what your states laws are. berettas hold either 10, or 15 round magazines. but some states only allow 10 rounds.

double stacked magazine is a 15 rounder. beretta was the first i think to make double stacked magazines for a pistol, since then alot of companies have copied the idea.
ah oh well I was told that they're legal here but I'll check out the max magazine capacity allowed here too & if it's all good I'll buy one

I always liked the looks of the beretta & now I like it more:)

Waffles

Upvote 0
tap magazine on the side of the gun to load up the bullet from the magazine
place magazine into the gun
hit the side of the gun with a closed hand ( no longer open)

This still doesn't make any sense.

When you fire the last round, the bolt locks back.
You drop the empty magazine because it's in the way.
You put a new, full magazine into the magazine well.
You release the bolt catch which allows the bolt to move forward, stripping the top round out of the magazine and into the chamber.

If the magazine is not inserted into the weapon, how does the round end up in the chamber?

I want to change the part of hitting the side of the gun to using the leaver at the front of the gun

Why wouldn't you use the bolt catch? That's what it's for. The lever is for loading a weapon when the bolt is not locked back.

Unrelated notes about the Beretta 92F:

It's DA/SA, so only double-action on the first shot (if it's decocked). When the slide moves back after the first round, it cocks the hammer, so the following shots are all single-action (light trigger pull).

There are lots of aftermarket magazine sizes. 10-round is common, 15-round will fit mostly flush with the base of the grip, and you can get 30-round (etc.) that extend downward past the grip.

Upvote 0