Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Privay Policy Update

We’ve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We’ve incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We’ve added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: http://tripwireinteractive.com/policies/privacy-notice
2 of 2 < >

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.

Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.

General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Name Shaming and Public "Witch Hunts" are also not allowed.
    3. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    4. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    5. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.

• There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!

DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post, "necro post" or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.

Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.

Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.

A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

The Fox's Den Gaming

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [KF] The Fox's Den Gaming

Hey, things are still getting organized, so there's no information here for now, but here is the game banners for servers we run.

Hopefully be able to update with more information too and what our purpose is!

Why the level requirements, especially for hard?
    sigpic
    Know the difference!

Comment

On Suicidal and HoE, the game changes, Scrakes and FPs gain newfound resistance to Crossbows, neither of them can be solo'ed with an AA12, and scrakes can no longer be stun locked with a Katana. Better strategies are required to take out the big ones, strategies typically only known by people who have played the game for a little. Plus a level 3 on HoE is just a member who's going to drag the team down, the perk level simply is not high enough to do damage.

Hard is a similar story. The first two perk levels are easy to get on any class and mark a certain amount of experience in the game. If you have level 2, it means you've at least put a couple of hours in and you won't screw it up for the whole team. When I go to a hard server, I don't want to see someone unloading on an FP until it rages when I'm trying to kite it. And the above strategies BARELY work on Hard (you cannot AA12 an FP to death on Hard in a single clip easily).

Comment

Spoiler!

:3
        [center]NYC server:
        [MerFlr-1] Hell on Earth @ 69.28.210.43:7707 [/center]

Comment

I keep trying to write a reply, I'm on my third attempt, but I'm simply aghast at what happens when you post 10 free servers for a community that you pay for and set some basic minimum requirements because I thought it would improve play quality for people on the servers and I named some generalizations that occur.

What I got in reply what someone looking up my steam profile and a dissection of everything I said, and naming exceptions to the rule which typically don't happen in public games.

You're welcome for the free servers that I actively monitor for jerks and people trying to turn them into their personal private servers on high speed connections with little lag no matter where you are, community.

On a brighter note, the other admin and I had been talking about sponsoring a mapping contest, again using our own money for a cash prize, for the new objective mode.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxReinhold View Post
            I keep trying to write a reply, I'm on my third attempt, but I'm simply aghast at what happens when you post 10 free servers for a community that you pay for and set some basic minimum requirements because I thought it would improve play quality for people on the servers and I named some generalizations that occur.
            Because there's such a dearth of free servers available already? The rest of your post screams of a feeling of personal entitlement to players on your server, ergo that players are beholden to admins whims and expectations. If I misread your post then my apologies, but never forget that as a server host you are expected to serve your players first and foremost, and hold yourself accountable to them. Anything else is a slippery slope that ends with TTS FallenAngels.
            sigpic
            Know the difference!

Comment

All we ask is people enjoy the servers. It was decided that those were reasonable expectations for perks and people seem to be enjoying it. We don't even want a thank you, we're just happy to help out and serve the community, but we certainly don't want to be attacked. My post was to merely explain what made us choose those level requirements.

(Yes, there is more than one of us, I'm just the lovely public face and the most involved )

Didn't your mothers ever teach you if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it?

Comment

if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it?
                I hate this sentence more than anything in existence, guess I'm just a pessimist.
                He was just saying he doesn't personally agree with your reasoning behind the level requirements, and letting you know that it may not be the most conductive ruleset for having relatively experienced players on your servers due to the existence of alt-accounts.
                It's entirely up to you what requirements you set for your server. Hell, you could have a male only server and I'm sure you'll get a lot of disapproval from people but it's your server. I don't think anything was an attack on you or your service, just some observations.

Sigpic made in Paint.NET, you can't have one... yet
                Workshop | Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Merdic View Post
                  I really wish there was an IdiotFilter mutator for servers instead of NoobFilter.
                  We do too, but in lieu of that, we went with minimal level restrictions that we felt were appropriate. Preferably we'd just ask a simple question like, "Can you stun lock a scrake with a Katana on normal difficulty from the front?" It would keep most idiots out.

Scrakes can never be stunned by a katana except with backstabs, which are usually a waste of time to go for anyway unless you have a cooperative partner taking agro.
                  Well that's just wrong. A scrake can be stun locked by a katana from the front on Hard - Beginner depending upon perk level. Here, from the kf-wiki:

A tactic often used by berserkers playing on lower difficulty levels would be to repeatedly flinch a scrake using a katana, preventing the scrake from retaliating. However, this tactic cannot be used on Suicidal difficulty and above, since scrakes can only be flinched by a melee weapon once on that difficulty
                  I encourage you to take it into a test map and try it yourself. I also encourage you to read the wiki.

None of the MLG leggit pr0 combos in Killing Floor take more than 10 minutes to learn how they work if someone is teaching you, after that it's just a bit of practice to master.
                  And mastering them is the trick. Mastering them in the midst of a level, not on a testmap. Perk levels are gained via experience as is mastery of the combos.

Alt. accounts, you can try to say they're uncommon but I know a lot of people who use them including myself.
                  There are exceptions to the rule. Fortunately most experienced players who do such things as alt accounts own their own servers.

Even if someone isn't on an alt and are inexperienced they can learn, help new players don't shun them.
                  I don't, I frequent my own Beginner, Normal, and Hard servers and play with teams of complete new guys, especially during the free week. I help them with ideas and dosh. I tell them to friend me on steam if they have any questions.

Low levels in a team on HoE don't have to be a detriment if they'll intelligent enough to listen to experienced players. I've had level 1 medics join midway in the past and be level 3 or higher by the end of the game because they did their job and took advice from us / stayed with us to stay alive.
                  That's an exception to the rule. Most of the time people who aren't ready join HoE servers, get killed, and rage quit. Either that or they get vote kicked.

You found a group of skilled players who knew each other, knew weapons, and who coordinated well. One of whom is karsey. They were also on a personal server where people weren't joining and quitting. They all knew what to do in cases of FPs and Scrakes. You have shown the exception to the rule.

The low difficulties are for learning anyway.
                  Right, so that's why I go on and help they learn on a daily basis. I care about building the community. That's also why I want to sponsor a cash prize for a community map making contest using the new objective mode. However, imagine the headaches I'm going to get for that if I'm getting this for simply posting servers with minimally restrictive rules. BTW, the suicidal level cap was originally three, it was changed to 4 after speaking to people who frequented the server and listening to community input by people playing the game.

I'm assuming you mean kiting it as a Berserker, and I'm also assuming level 6 since you have almost 1,000 hours playtime if the "Fox Reinhold" I see on Steam is you. .......I can't see a level 6 Berserker dying on Hard unless they did it to themselves getting swarmed for being bad all on their own.....
                  That is me, creeper. Being as you didn't even know about stun locking a scrake on the lower difficulties with a katana, an extremely basic move, I'm going to go ahead and assume you don't play Beserker. Which is fine. However, a raged FP on Hard is still a threat even to a level 6 beserker, particularly if your teammates keep raging it while your trying to kite it. Level 2 on Hard is not much to ask for and shows a basic amount of experience which we felt appropriate.
                  Last edited by FoxReinhold; 07-17-2013, 06:58 PM.

Comment

That is me, creeper. Being as you didn't even know about stun locking a scrake on the lower difficulties with a katana, an extremely basic move, I'm going to go ahead and assume you don't play Beserker. Which is fine. However, a raged FP on Hard is still a threat even to a level 6 beserker, particularly if your teammates keep raging it while your trying to kite it. Level 2 on Hard is not much to ask for and shows a basic amount of experience which we felt appropriate.
                    I find it funny you claim Merdic doesn't know how to play zerk when you don't know even know the difference between stunning and flinching. Even the [unreliable] wiki page you cited says "flinch" not "stun" with the katana. Nothing he said about scrakes and katanas is wrong.

Also, encouraging someone to read an unreliable, incorrect, and incomplete wiki on KF is a pretty silly thing to do.
                    Server Achievements|Super Zombies|KFStatsX|Specimen Mechanics

Comment

Working...
                    X