• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad What does YOUR NAME say ABOUT YOU?

Started using pointless since 2000/2002 i think it was. Was thinking of a nickname instead of my own real name and pointless suddenly jumped into my mind. used it since then for anything online and for any game.

I'm known for going rambo or doing those things people would never thought of that other players would do, ea; pointless. (This goes for all the games i play, not jsut KF)

I also like the name as it reflects why i play games.... for fun as there is no point in gaming other then fun. You don't get rich from it (not in my case anyway) there is no real life benefit to gaming other then fun.
Lot's of peopel take a game way to serious which i think is pointless.
Surely if you play suicidal or HoE on KF servers a bit of teamplay is needed (which perk u take, what position you take, share the money etc) but other then that, im in it for the fun of things.

I only added the "[BYTE ME]" part at the end since 1,5 or 2 years as i was getting annoyed by so many other players (ab)using this nickname and i wanted to stand out on them. Because of this i use the "byte me" term as that's what i think about people who just join teamplay games and start *****ing in any possible way and screwing other people their game fun.

Especially the mis spelling in the "BYTE" part is completely intended as i think those people mentioned above are clueless and in general complete morons who imo would spell the word "bite" as "byte". It's a silent hint to those kind of people to shush as they can BYTE ME :D

ONTOPIC: Your idea that cool looking names makes you a great player is the best laugh i heard so far. I always used funny or weird names online as i agree with what has been posted already: If your that good good, others will make sure people get to hear it. No need to try and make yourself look good...

Upvote 0
Especially the mis spelling in the "BYTE" part is completely intended as i think those people mentioned above are clueless and in general complete morons who imo would spell the word "bite" as "byte". It's a silent hint to those kind of people to shush as they can BYTE ME :D

The byte ( /ˈbaɪt/) is a unit of digital information in computing and telecommunications that most commonly consists of eight bits. Historically, a byte was the number of bits used to encode a single character of text in a computer and for this reason it is the basic addressable element in many computer architectures. The size of the byte has historically been hardware dependent and no definitive standards existed that mandated the size. The de facto standard of eight bits is a convenient power of two permitting the values 0 through 255 for one byte. With ISO/IEC 80000-13, this common meaning was codified in a formal standard. Many types of applications use variables representable in eight or fewer bits, and processor designers optimize for this common usage. The popularity of major commercial computing architectures have aided in the ubiquitous acceptance of the 8-bit size.

Before i read your explanation i thought it was a witty use of the word byte as a homonym for bite.

Upvote 0
i typed the first part and (as i always do before posting) i re-read my words and lines and thought it would be good to explain my idea as even i noticed that it could be taken the wrong way ;)

But thanks for the info. I knew about the 8 bits part already, knew there was some sort of ISO code connected to it but having it put down black on write just for me on this way did put a smile on my face :D

And i thank you for that <3 :p

Upvote 0
On these forums, my name is Wycked, mostly going from my slightly twisted sense of humour, and sadistic nature towards my enemies in games. It also used to be my name on Steam.

On the Steam forums, I go by Peanuts, because when I first joined Steam, it was the first thing that came to mind, and kind of stuck, since it was silly and funny, and I enjoy forcing people to shout "Peanuts, help!" when they need medical assistance in games.

My name on Steam now is Noogums. For exactly the same reason as it was Peanuts.

I have a "Crappy" name, and I'm one of the three most skilled players in South Africa. (Skill wise, not achievement whoring wise.)
Your move.

Upvote 0
I've actually gotten a lot of compliments on my random name. Thats basically what it is. I wanted something different that wouldn't be already taken. I don't like having to put numbers in my name because someone already has it. So I thought of the most random thing I could, and its never been taken anywhere I've registered.

Upvote 0