• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Combat medic

Rainydaykid

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
TN
Some people have asked that they don't see how I can heal and kill well as a medic. I did a youtube vid tonight with some friends to show some tips.

6 man HoE, filth'scross, wave 9. I was using a 9mm, LAR, Knife, and MP7. I managed to keep the team healed within seconds with just a syringe and MP7. I don't use the MP5 that often, just don't care for it.

COMBAT MEDIC - YouTube

In regards to the Asian comments on the page, there really isn't much way to be better than 100%, in that whole video I rarely miss a heal dart, even though I am spinning and moving at full speed. I've been playing shooters for over 20 years, on a wide variety of servers, and to say that is not top tier playing is disingenious at best. I am not saying I am the best KF player ever, but you can just tell from a video like that that it exhibits a high degree of skill.

Upvote 0
I'll pretty much just copy paste what I said on youtube :)

Solid. I noticed when you look around you strafe away from your first contact point, classic FPS gamer :p

Overall very reliable Medicing. Constantly checking both sides, moving back so you can see your squad all at once to better prioritise heals, only shooting when it was helpful rather than kill whoring, moving into place for emergency Scrakes & FP tanking.

Only mistake I saw was 3.22, you moved too close to that siren causing her scream to destroy that FP nade. But thats a minor gripe ;)
Not quite sure what that other bloke was on about. The trash bags and the wierd pathing around that spot make the hitboxes fly all over the place. Plus its a short distance from the corner to the team, which means laot of the time you have to fire fast rather than aim careful. Given those factors, your accuracy couldn't really be bettered.

TBH I don't really see what you could have realistically or significantly improved on :confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, on bedlam, I can hit headshot after headshot all day with a LAR, but it is gimpy on filth's due to the trash on the floor.

I've played with Asian players in all kinds of games. While they are good, I have never had any trouble hanging with players from any country, in any game. I was #2 of 500,000 players worldwide in SOF deathmatch in 2002, and I played KF regularly on an Australian server with 350 ping, sharpshooting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Now I wish I had taken you up on that offer last night. Back OT, you aught to give the axe another chance, as you could have done damn near everything you did with the LAR more efficiently. Remind me to teach you how to instant heal sometime.

P.S. There's a better spot to camp, just hole up at the stairwell at 0:30

Upvote 0
Now I wish I had taken you up on that offer last night. Back OT, you aught to give the axe another chance, as you could have done damn near everything you did with the LAR more efficiently. Remind me to teach you how to instant heal sometime.

P.S. There's a better spot to camp, just hole up at the stairwell at 0:30

We know that, we purposely picked a bad spot. I do generally carry an axe, though. I use it for the bodyblocking stuff, I'll do another vid sometime focusing on my axe use.

Upvote 0
How I see it is if you're sitting around not doing anything as medic you're better off playing another perk. Medic sacrifices firepower for utility. If you're just going to fight, play another more combat-oriented perk and if you're just going to stand in the back and fire the occasional heal dart you're putting the burden on your teammates and the squad's essentially one man down. So yeah, fight and heal!

Though I do like to balance my weapon loadouts around my role as a medic rather than what kills the quickest. LAR is cheap, effective firepower (so you have plenty of cash to donate to the demoltiions and other perks), M79 is great for saving teammates, combat shotgun also for saving people and general cqc if your team lacks it, etc.

Upvote 0
How I see it is if you're sitting around not doing anything as medic you're better off playing another perk. Medic sacrifices firepower for utility. If you're just going to fight, play another more combat-oriented perk and if you're just going to stand in the back and fire the occasional heal dart you're putting the burden on your teammates and the squad's essentially one man down. So yeah, fight and heal!

Though I do like to balance my weapon loadouts around my role as a medic rather than what kills the quickest. LAR is cheap, effective firepower (so you have plenty of cash to donate to the demoltiions and other perks), M79 is great for saving teammates, combat shotgun also for saving people and general cqc if your team lacks it, etc.

That is why I actively heal, and fight. Medics should do both.

Upvote 0
The way I see it and play it: medic is a life saver, not just healing dart dispenser. And we're not talking about mindless meatshielding. Therefore, I pack some firepower. Typically I carry:

Mp5 for healing (ofc) and killing crawlers, so berserkers can focus on melee or when other players are reloading/dealing with bigger targets.

Katana for personal defence. Can also be used to kite FP when situation demands it.
Two alt headshots & pause is enough to keep it calm and kill in a reasonable time.

M79 for stunning gorefasts that are about to make a salad out of someone. To liberate players from clot's grasp. To kill trash around scrake without raging it, so zerker can engage it safely. To toss sirens that are about to scream someone's brains out back a few meters. To deal some additional damage to a raged FP in hope to kill it.

Double HC's to assist with biggies. To kill surprise sirens around the corner. To unload mags in face of enraged fleshpound I'm tanking. And as a panic weapon when a surprise raged scrake appears.

Sometimes I get M32 instead of M79 and HC's. Clearing a path for escape or unloading it in a fleshpound that wasn't killed according to plan.

Lately, when the team needs help with scrakes, I take claymore instead of katana and HC's. Stunning scrake with a back headshot is better than trying to heal the unfortunate teammate that got his attention, cause healing rate is not enough to save him from death unless it's a berserker.

Upvote 0
Lately when I've played medic, I don't carry any weapon other than mp5/mp7 for myself. I leave the extra weight in case a person needs a spare weapon, or just in general keep the empty weight and scavenger if I see a weapon spawned. I generally play with good players, as rainyday can vouch, so I trust them to do the killing, and just stick to healing or jumping in front of FPs or Scrakes if I'm needed. That's the most satisfying role of a medic for me, the one that saves others lives while keeping my kill count low. I played HoE Icecave a few days ago with 270-370 ping on an Aussie server (I'm southeast US) and still managed at least 4 successful FP body blocks to save people, with that ping. :D

Upvote 0
I usually carry the MP7 + MP5 + LAR combo when I'm playing medic, which isn't often.

Other times I'll carry the MP5/MP7 + Xbow combo.

If I'm kiting with a Zerking team, it's the MP5 + MP7 + LAR combo or MP5/MP7 + LAR + Katana combo.

Though if I really want firepower, I just go for the MP5 + HSG + machete combo. The HSG blast I feel is second to none in terms of firepower that doesn't burn a hole in the pocket, i.e. self financing.

Upvote 0
my favorite medic loadout is MP7, katana, and combat shotgun. If worst comes to worst, you can kill a 6 man scrake without taking any damage, and the katana comes in handy for pulling aggro and kiting FPs if need be. i mostly keep the CSG loaded in reserve to whip out when a siren or husk gets a little too close, or if a scrake is sawing a buddy or i need to get that FPs attention quick. It can deal quite a bit of spike damage in a short period of time, and is quite effective in that regards. if im in a spot where i know my team is going to be taking constant damage i carry two med guns instead of a katana.

Upvote 0
my favorite medic loadout is MP7, katana, and combat shotgun. If worst comes to worst, you can kill a 6 man scrake without taking any damage, and the katana comes in handy for pulling aggro and kiting FPs if need be. i mostly keep the CSG loaded in reserve to whip out when a siren or husk gets a little too close, or if a scrake is sawing a buddy or i need to get that FPs attention quick. It can deal quite a bit of spike damage in a short period of time, and is quite effective in that regards. if im in a spot where i know my team is going to be taking constant damage i carry two med guns instead of a katana.

What's the combo order that you use where you won't take damage?

Upvote 0
rMP7 mag to the face, 3 katana alt fires to the head, a 4th to flinch, then CSG spam ala support spec. this is for 6 man scrakes, ive only even tried it against 6 and 1 mans (more practical as this should only be used as a last resort type of deal, if the medic is handling the scrakes, then something is wrong with the team) and you can straight up flinch and CSG spam solo hoe scrakes. ive been meaning to make a video of this and some other derpy combos ive tinkered with, perhaps tomorrow :p

Upvote 0
rMP7 mag to the face, 3 katana alt fires to the head, a 4th to flinch, then CSG spam ala support spec. this is for 6 man scrakes, ive only even tried it against 6 and 1 mans (more practical as this should only be used as a last resort type of deal, if the medic is handling the scrakes, then something is wrong with the team) and you can straight up flinch and CSG spam solo hoe scrakes. ive been meaning to make a video of this and some other derpy combos ive tinkered with, perhaps tomorrow :p

3 kat alt fires... won't that already flinch him? Then you can't flinch him anymore.

Upvote 0