• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics support vs scrake: jump+hsg

terryys

Feb 24, 2012
I'm a lv5 support and still playing in hard. In testmap vs scrakes I can use the jump+hsg trick with almost 100% success rate, however in actual gameplay with other players, all my attempts failed. Why is it so? Is it because of the lag? Or scrakes in actual gameplay have more health?

I also run into the curious case of being able to 1-shot scrakes by jumping and altfiring with the hunting shotgun in the testmap6p, but ingame I'm not able to pull it off. Could be due to lag, due to change in elevation, but mostly lag.

I think it might be wise (now that I'm thinking about it) to weaken his head by headshotting it with some pump-action shotgun shells or some pistol shots to the head (3-5) THEN pulling off the jump+HSG trick. I'm thinking about that trying that myself as the altfiring the axe and crouch-firing with the HSG is a tad trickier.

Upvote 0
Thanks all, I'll shoot it a few times before using the katana+hsg or jumping hsg trick next time.

Surely the katana+HSG shouldn't suffer from lag, as if you're doing it right, you should be able to get into position and shoot him properly? I would've thought lag would've only become a factor when you're jumping through the air towards the zed and trying to pixel-perfect the headshot?

But yea, shooting him a couple times to make sure wouldn't hurt. 3 shotgun shells are a small price to pay to ensure you don't have a scrake trying to hug you :p

Upvote 0
Ideally testmap would be far bigger than it is now, so you can test in a variety of situations.

In a real game you're on uneven ground, often surrounded by other specimens and there's numerous other factors to take into account.

I have the same problem. If i can get a scrake/fp onto smooth ground, by itself, i can usually take it out easily. However i try for 4 nades to an fp and often end up critical with no armour. :eek:

Upvote 0
So I've recently started playing KF again, mostly in hopes of taking part in the "final" summer event.

I was messing around on Support and to be honest I have no coordination oncesoever when it comes to timing things and struggle mightily with jump shooting scrakes with HS.

Tips?

Also, did I read this previous post right? You can flinch the scrake with katana, crouch, and alt fire underneath the scrake's chin and get the same result? I've seen people flinch with katana but I always see it followed with the jump - which I struggle awfully with timing...

Upvote 0
A necromancer appears...

You can flinch the scrake with katana, crouch, and alt fire underneath the scrake's chin and get the same result? I've seen people flinch with katana but I always see it followed with the jump - which I struggle awfully with timing...

Yes, and you're much more likely to succeed. Also, using the right technique, this can be done with literally any support weapon. Most popular choices are hunting, aa12 and combat shotgun.

Upvote 0