• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How Does the community feel about officially adding THE BRUTE?

srry for spamming this thread. but what about this!

if you rage the brute. he cant turn. he can only run straight forward? then you can easily avoid the brute if ur not in close combat.

and he stops raging when he hits something. like a player or a wall.

Thats a possbile idea. Have it so that his charge is straight, thus gives people a chance to move out of the way. Kind alike how the Charger from L4D2 was like.

Upvote 0
Wouldnt that look silly though.. :eek:

After getting caught by Karma Chargers from l4d2, not really but hey, I'm trying to get the brute into the mainstream here. I personally like how it works with teams, but the only issue I have with it, is soloing. How can a person take it down if its high health, and then is able to charge, and do guarantee damage? Believe me, I owuld love to see the brute put into the game, but it would make soloing much more difficult, but in a bad way :(

Upvote 0
After getting caught by Karma Chargers from l4d2, not really but hey, I'm trying to get the brute into the mainstream here. I personally like how it works with teams, but the only issue I have with it, is soloing. How can a person take it down if its high health, and then is able to charge, and do guarantee damage? Believe me, I owuld love to see the brute put into the game, but it would make soloing much more difficult, but in a bad way :(

there is a trick to it :) crouch with katana and aim for head while you go backwards. if you time ur crouch correctly you can take uptill 8 hits to the brute head without getting hit. the brute will try to hit you. but for somereason he just swat flies over your head pretty randomly. but again this was the version before the latest one with new skins. which I havnt gotten to try much

Upvote 0
Good feedback guys, I'll read through it later when I have more time.

srry for spamming this thread. but what about this!

if you rage the brute. he cant turn. he can only run straight forward? then you can easily avoid the brute if ur not in close combat.

and he stops raging when he hits something. like a player or a wall.

It's implemented already for beginner. Allowing the player to just avoid any attacks makes the game too easy, and makes the specimen out of place since none of the others have avoidable attacks.

Upvote 0
Scrake with two chainsaws? No chance pal. Oh, and I couldnt help but notice that your from ohio. Nice to see that theres others that live in this great state :)

I've played against the Maul, it's anything but a Scrake with two Chainsaws, and read the description, it's intended as mid wave boss. IT - IS - AWESOME

Upvote 0
I've played against the Maul [...]

Download link? The page says "coming soon". ;)

Scrake with two chainsaws? No chance pal. Oh, and I couldnt help but notice that your from ohio. Nice to see that theres others that live in this great state :)

I ask only in jest. The idea of a mid-game boss is intriguing however. Likewise, the reskinning of the Christmas Scrake actually looks quite nice.

Born and raised throughout the hills of Ohio! Of course, some areas are much better than others. :p

Upvote 0
i think the brute give the game a new feeling

Multiplayer:
if some one is rageing him lets say a zerker with 9mm or some other gun the sharpy can get ready and if the brute try to hit the zerker the sharpy has a bit time to kill him with the famous 1 shot and if the timing is right the zerker get no damage so waht i mean with this (in bad english) you need more teamplay like now to take him down

solo:
and in single the best (in my opinion) is to shot at his lags

waht i not like is the color it not really fit in the game but that is "simply" changable ^^

and @ diablo i dont have all achievements but i have more then 2000h of gametime/playtime and you know why i not have all achievement first i give a f*ck about them (sry twi its nice to have but i dont need them) i have a big e-pe*is without them and snd after maybe 100h i started to play on modded server and that is awsome.... and a bit more fun then only normal servers

so this post mean +1 to add the brute to the game
and ThX to all modders (excluded the one modder who want 15$ for one...) for there great work and ThX to TWI that they support modding in time like we are now modding is close to dead (less SDK releases from developers or support to the mod comunety from them)

again sry for my english i hope you know what i tryed to say with my post ^^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Download link? The page says "coming soon". ;)

I ask only in jest. The idea of a mid-game boss is intriguing however. Likewise, the reskinning of the Christmas Scrake actually looks quite nice.

Born and raised throughout the hills of Ohio! Of course, some areas are much better than others. :p
It's not ready for the public. Gartley is part of the [WPC] who is making the badass with Benjamin so they get to test it.

Upvote 0
It's not ready for the public. Gartley is part of the [WPC] who is making the badass with Benjamin so they get to test it.

Gartley is part of the WPC yes, but im actually the only one working with Benji on the Maul/Shiver/Brute atm. These projects were going on before Gartley joined the WPC...though he's welcome to join the project anytime he wishes offcourse. :) Thats how the WPC rolls..lol :)

Upvote 0
soloing isnt KF

So the devs are trolling us by putting a "Solo" on the main menu?

I'm always for a new zed as long as it respect a few of my personal criteria:

- Has it's own clear role, otherwise it's kind of pointless (check)

- It gives gameplay variety without making it harder/more frustrating. New players have enough to worry about learning to kill the zeds we have already. Also, each difficulty has its audience, so if you think the game is too easy then I would prefer they make a new difficulty level instead of ruining normal for "normal" guys.

- It doesn't eliminate an aspect of the game that isn't already considered cheap. Kiting to me is as much a part of the game as camping, and sometimes things go wrong and you have to just leg it. If it eliminates Zerks ditching the team and surviving without a problem, then by all means, do it.

- It has to be solo-able by at least one perk or two, on a 6-man, given the right conditions. Not so easily, mind you. When they introduced 2-shoting the Flesh Pound with the M99, that was a bit overboard. Support soloing the Flesh Pound, that I like, because if anything goes wrong during your maneuver, you're dead. When the team has been scattered and you're clutching the last few zeds, it's nice to know your team isn't boned because if the guy is good he can still save it.

Also, I personally don't find the skin fitting of the game, I'd prefer it be modified.

Reactions: GhostOfTheFallen
Upvote 0
I've never played a modded server with it, but from vids I'm not getting good first impressions.

It looks absolutely ridiculous. And not in a good way like a lot of the official zeds have going on. It's a 7ft tall gorrilla that holds his bulletproof metal braced arm infront of his face while he punts people around. It doesn't fit at all as far as the game's aesthetic goes.

Give him a weird looking shield thing that was grafted onto his skin, give him a more gorier, escaped science experiment look. Do something.

I also don't see why people would enjoy playing with this thing from wave 1. It should be as rare as the other "special" zeds, maybe on par with Bloat spawns. And that's a general suggestion, not just a tweak that should only be made for an official adaptation.

If TW refines it and makes it fit the setting better, balances its spawn and flat out makes it work, I'm all for it. Right now it just doesn't seem ready.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've never played a modded server with it, but from vids I'm not getting good first impressions.

It looks absolutely ridiculous. And not in a good way like a lot of the official zeds have going on. It's a 7ft tall gorrilla that holds his bulletproof metal braced arm infront of his face while he punts people around. It doesn't fit at all as far as the game's aesthetic goes.

Give him a weird looking shield thing that was grafted onto his skin, give him a more gorier, escaped science experiment look. Do something.

I also don't see why people would enjoy playing with this thing from wave 1. It should be as rare as the other "special" zeds, maybe on par with Bloat spawns. And that's a general suggestion, not just a tweak that should only be made for an official adaptation.

If TW refines it and makes it fit the setting better, balances its spawn and flat out makes it work, I'm all for it. Right now it just doesn't seem ready.

I suggest playing with it before passing judgement from old vids and screen shots. At least then you can provide feedback from a position of experience as opposed to guessing. :)

Upvote 0