• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How Does the community feel about officially adding THE BRUTE?

the main thing about the brute, is that is prevents people from camping in tight areas, and it forces the team to actually, wait for it......................, work together. Its amazing how teamwork can determine if a squad will survive or not. If you cant learn to play with others, then how do you expect to win? I suppose you could be that wild zerk derp who runs around the whole map the whole time.

I think if the charging concept is thrown out, then the idea for the brute is pretty sound, because if people arent smart enough to see this guys walking towards them, then they deserve to get smacked around. As for other zeds that would do fine in the game, the shiver wouldnt be a bad one to use. And not to boost about myself, but something that is similiar to my idea of the Volt, would be interesting to see (although I wuld like to see it on a custom server, just so I see how it plays out).

Upvote 0
C Gibby post two early zed concept ! that is very cool so that is cool idea for the game for new zed ! But the Brute is not ! So Tripwire need to create that two early concept ! very bad *** zeds

Two concept -images-. You dont' know how they work. Ideas are worthless without mechanics. How are those better ideas? You say they are bad *** but they could sit and flower arrange for all you know about them.

Upvote 0
Two concept -images-. You dont' know how they work. Ideas are worthless without mechanics. How are those better ideas? You say they are bad *** but they could sit and flower arrange for all you know about them.

I did post a brief idea with the post.

But if you really want a ZED added to the game that needs some serious reworking both visually and otherwise, one that a lot of people have said "no" to here, fine.

Upvote 0
One concept came to mind about the Brute:
It's one of the heavy specimen, and we got 2 of those already, Scrake and FP. But those 2 already got the "speedy rage" concept in 2 different ways. Brute, with his boxer background, has his powerful knockback punches and defensive blocking. Does he really need to have the charging ability too?

If he was moderatly slow (like, the same as most specimen when they walk)and had absolutely no raging behaviour whatsoever, he would fit as a front "wall" for the other ZEDs, somewhat in a similar position to the Bloat.
I'd maybe even do something OPPOSITE to him: The more you shoot at him which he blocks with his armored hands, the slower he walks (to like, 30% slower max, more quickly slowed down the more damage is done to it), which then moderately fast raises up again in speed if you don't shoot at him. Then, to make sure the Firebug has some use, make him have absolutely no defense against his DoTs, and also make the Brute slow down those 30% IMMEDIATELY and for as long as he is on fire.

Meh, just some ideas

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One concept came to mind about the Brute:
It's one of the heavy specimen, and we got 2 of those already, Scrake and FP. But those 2 already got the "speedy rage" concept in 2 different ways. Brute, with his boxer background, has his powerful knockback punches and defensive blocking. Does he really need to have the charging ability too?

If he was moderatly slow (like, the same as most specimen when they walk)and had absolutely no raging behaviour whatsoever, he would fit as a front "wall" for the other ZEDs, somewhat in a similar position to the Bloat.
I'd maybe even do something OPPOSITE to him: The more you shoot at him which he blocks with his armored hands, the slower he walks (to like, 30% slower max, faster the more damage is done to it), which then moderately fast raises up again in speed if you don't shoot at him. Then, to make sure the Firebug has some use, make him have absolutely no defense against his DoTs, and also make the Brute slow down those 30% IMMEDIATELY and for as long as he is on fire.

Meh, just some ideas

Agree. Remove the charging thing, and it would be, IMHO, a plausible zed.

Upvote 0
I just said on the other page that he should be a slow-moving non-charging damage sponge.

But yeah. That's definitely the most plausible course of action. And unlike the Scrakes/Fleshpound, he needs to be ganged up on as opposed to the former zeds who tend to be surgically removed by sharpies/suppies.

Upvote 0
He just doesnt like mods as you can see :

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=76586[/URL]

So it doesnt really matter what we do, he wants TWI to make zeds and not modders...cous he hates all mod. Which is ironic since killing floor started as a mod. So he basically hates Killing Floor too...wait..what?

Yes i am hate all mod and i am not hate Killing Floor , i know kf starting with unreal mod but tripwire make the kf for a real good normal game ! so i am want to tripwire create zeds or weapons ! not the modders ! Modders just create things to the black list servers or mutators Tripwire create zeds and weapons for the game officialy

i hope you understund me

Upvote 0
And TWI wants to work with the modders for future updates, so I would get used to the fact that existing mods are beeing added to the official game. Its what they initially promissed the community and thats what they going to do. (hence why IJC pack has been added)

How do we know this? Because the modding community has close ties with tripwire itself. Almost every decent modder has contact with TWI, because TWI is always interessted in custom made stuff.

So get used to the mods m8, your going to see allot of them in the future added as official content. This will prolong KF's life significantly and makes sure the masterserver stays up, so YOU will keep your level 6 perks as long as possible.

So in the end...us modders are doing YOU a favour. Maybe you should reconsider hating all mods.

Upvote 0
-leave a tiny space so we can headshot him, instead of nothing
-make it share its spawn numbers with the fleshpound
-a bit less health to balance the fact that he is shielded (seriously, he can't be a vit gouge AND have invicibility from up front), BUT more head health for a bit harder decapitation (make it it's around the same head health than a FP)
-start spawning at wave 6, basically just after the scrake.

boom, balanced

Give it a new model of actual quality and that fits the lore/art style (it currently doesn't), and it's ready to be officially added.

There, we can have the brute with a little effort put in.

But you know what this game really needs? A "phase 2" patriarch.
For the good players (among who I unfortunately do not play) the patriarch is a piece of cake compared to the 10th wave. But what would be the best thing would to have his AI reworked.
-Make him have a chance to shoot pipe bombs off a distance (something lie 20% chance of spotting the bombs)
-Make him sidestep a bit
-Make him retreat in a smarter way, to avoid getting killed when he goes to heal, retreat smarter if the players deal more damage to him than expected
-Make him focus the most damaging player, shoot rockets at the steadyiest. etc.

Upvote 0
And TWI wants to work with the modders for future updates, so I would get used to the fact that existing mods are beeing added to the official game. Its what they initially promissed the community and thats what they going to do. (hence why IJC pack has been added)

How do we know this? Because the modding community has close ties with tripwire itself. Almost every decent modder has contact with TWI, because TWI is always interessted in custom made stuff.

So get used to the mods m8, your going to see allot of them in the future added as official content. This will prolong KF's life significantly and makes sure the masterserver stays up, so YOU will keep your level 6 perks as long as possible.

So in the end...us modders are doing YOU a favour. Maybe you should reconsider hating all mods.

When Tripwire is working in all thing in the future with modders then make the Killing Floor for a very bad game -.-

This game is Tripwire game ! Why not make and create Tripwire Zeds and weapons ? Not have time or idea or what the hell ? ohh and Maps ??? Need more maps !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TWI is one company, one company of about 20 people with more than KF on it's plate, it can't divert resources to this game indefinitely for official in house updates.

I did post a brief idea with the post.

Sorry must have missed it. And I'm defending the idea from the stance that the likes of Diablo haven't expanded on their idea. Making them sound like Andy from Little Britain.

I like the Brute, I'd like to see it in, as would some other people, but having seen the support for the Shiver, (which I think is another awesome community zed) I'd happily support that one.

Upvote 0
I like the Brute, I'd like to see it in, as would some other people, but having seen the support for the Shiver, (which I think is another awesome community zed) I'd happily support that one.

Still +1 to the shiver for me, anyhoo. I'm all for adding more trash zeds to the game. I do wonder what other trashies could be added, anyway.

Upvote 0

Awww I wish I was a decent modder :(

Upvote 0