• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

vita needs killing floor

Lets boil it down to what controls you really need.

Move and Look
Weapons selection
Jump
Crouch
Nade
Fire
Secondary Fire

That's it really, you could map that to a PSP. And that's before you consider using one button as a function key.
+ Aim Down Sight
+ Reload
+ Interact (Doors and Trader)
You forgot about the voice commands, menu select and kick-voting :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think this would work well enough, and a couple of buttons are free:

8194659.jpg

kick voting

That can be done from the menu.

voice commands

It has a built-in microphone.

Upvote 0
Nope, bad idea. I have played FPS on the console and on the computer the simple fact is that there are underlining designs that cause the game to be favored one way or the other. For example, two weapon swapping helped to deal with the weapon selection problem for console. On the computer it is not problem since you can usually switch to any weapon with a push of the button. And speaking of weapon selection, note that if the button is on the left d-pad you need to take your thumb off the movement stick when switching weapons(it would support using fewer weapons). You might be able to make a game playable on the vita but making it enjoyable is much harder. Although I do admit the touch screen would solve the issue buy weapons and armor faster, just controller would be impractical for that.

P.S. Also for people wanting to take a crack at control set ups. Do not have the alt fire on the D-pad. Just like with weapon select you stop moving for as long as your finger is off. A flashlight or laser sight is fine, but I see problem when you are using the HS or any melee weapon. Although it would make it harder to kite with melee weapons. Also crouch is a lower priority button, maybe switch the two. Still keep it in mind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nope, bad idea. I have played FPS on the console and on the computer the simple fact is that there are underlining designs that cause the game to be favored one way or the other. For example, two weapon swapping helped to deal with the weapon selection problem for console. On the computer it is not problem since you can usually switch to any weapon with a push of the button. And speaking of weapon selection, note that if the button is on the left d-pad you need to take your thumb off the movement stick when switching weapons(it would support using fewer weapons).

You have a good point. In this case you could implement a radial menu using one of the primary buttons, using the view stick to select the weapon.

P.S. Also for people wanting to take a crack at control set ups. Do not have the alt fire on the D-pad. Just like with weapon select you stop moving for as long as your finger is off. A flashlight or laser sight is fine, but I see problem when you are using the HS or any melee weapon. Although it would make it harder to kite with melee weapons. Also crouch is a lower priority button, maybe switch the two. Still keep it in mind.

Perhaps some cutbacks would have to be made, but in the case of melee weapons you could have fire and alt-fire on the same key (hold down slightly longer for alt-fire). As you say, switching fire mode is no problem on the d-pad since it's not often something you do in the middle of a fire-fight. As for the HS, you could either remove one of its functions completely or allow for a combination button press to be used (for example, reload+fire) for the alt-fire mode. Or, allow the fire modes to be toggled instead.

Upvote 0
make killing floor avaiable to psvita is not a porting, but create from scratch since there is too many differences, and nothing replace that accurate aiming using mouse because mouse can follow exactly where my hand/aiming. No some auto aiming bull**** can replace this sensation.

btw, killing floor lite sounds good, make it portable to carry in usb drive, and whenever we found a network connected pc, we can play our favorite game :D

Upvote 0
make killing floor avaiable to psvita is not a porting, but create from scratch since there is too many differences, and nothing replace that accurate aiming using mouse because mouse can follow exactly where my hand/aiming. No some auto aiming bull**** can replace this sensation.

btw, killing floor lite sounds good, make it portable to carry in usb drive, and whenever we found a network connected pc, we can play our favorite game :D

A spawn version of KF for LANs?! I'd happily pay for that. :D

Upvote 0
you CAN put killingfloor on a usb drive and play it wherever you want, it's the steam connection thats the problem.

before i had a laptop, i would just go to the library and use their computers to make maps and stuff running KF off of a usb drive.

i just wasnt able to play online because of being required to install steam on that computer.

Upvote 0
you CAN put killingfloor on a usb drive and play it wherever you want, it's the steam connection thats the problem.

before i had a laptop, i would just go to the library and use their computers to make maps and stuff running KF off of a usb drive.

i just wasnt able to play online because of being required to install steam on that computer.

in theory we can, but my killing floor itself taking 10GB including all the patch, maps, and mods, to play coop, we need to copy the killing floor folder that can take about 20 minutes.

if we can make stripped down version self extracting killing floor that only take about ~4gb and this will be the real portable killing floor lite

Upvote 0