• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Spectating - First Person View

i asked this same question in a thread a long time ago. the only reasons i could think of was that TW doesnt want to code it or most people dont care about it. i didnt think this was to difficult to impliment but im not dev by any means.

i always wanted it but i guess its just us two. lol

Upvote 0
For what real purpose does this serve? Even if it were useful why should TWI code it? There are a lot of easy things TWI can do but doesn't, for various reasons. Why should this be the exception?

What purpose does is serve? The fact that people can see from a players view exactly?

I know that TWI doesn't code everything lol.

Also, I never said it should be the "exception". Who knows if they could go "Hey, why the hell not", let's add this if it's not to hard.. or they just don't bother, but it never hurts to throw things out there.

Upvote 0
When your spectating a player, open up the console and type:

freecamera 0

that will give you first person :)

Although that does work, but I'd hate the fact of having to type that everytime in console just to spectate "first person".

Note: It's a pretty s**tty first person view, you can't see what they are using, etc.
The view is like, comepletely in-front of the person.. makes it look whack.

Upvote 0
Although that does work, but I'd hate the fact of having to type that everytime in console just to spectate "first person".
You can go into the user.ini file and find an unassigned key, say:
n=
and type in
n= freecamera 0
then whenever you press 'n' it will do the command. This can also be used for a variety of other uses like commands for testing maps or common phrases with the say command.

Upvote 0