• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Medic grenade? Mosin nagant? Dragon's breath shotgun?

This all looks great.

Various TW employees have been saying that KF has some love coming its way, and this would be it.

Personally, I'd like them to fix the weapons already in game as well:

Chainsaw is bad. I suggest letting the berserker speed bonus apply when not attacking with it.

Claymore could be better. Even a slight Katana nerf would help it out.

Magnum has a weight glitch, weighing 4 KG

LAW is worthless and should way 1-2 KG less or cost less

Husk Cannon should cost 30% less or something

Husk Cannon should be a slot 4 weapon. There is no reason to have it be the same button as MAC10.

All assault rifles could use a slight damage buff. This will help commandos.

Medics and Berserker need a VERY slight nerf/buff combo that prevents so many games from degenerating into 5 dead players watching a berserker run around. My suggestion would be giving all other classes a very slight speed boost on hard and higher. Know where near Medic/Berserker speed, but SOMETHING.

But these weapons being added and being able to reset perk ranks would bring a LOT of people back to this wonderful game. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lacedaemonius
Upvote 0
Chainsaw is bad. I suggest letting the berserker speed bonus apply when not attacking with it.
-Meh

-Claymore is fine as is.

-Yep, and ammo is multiples of 8 not 6 so that is a minor fix as well.

-No real comment.

-No comment

-No, Cammando is spot on and doesn't need changing.

Medics and Berserker need a VERY slight nerf/buff combo that prevents so many games from degenerating into 5 dead players watching a berserker run around. My suggestion would be giving all other classes a very slight speed boost on hard and higher. Know where near Medic/Berserker speed, but SOMETHING.
-If anything nerf the zerker and medic's speed OR damage resist. Don't break the other perks as well.

Upvote 0
-Meh

-Claymore is fine as is.

-Yep, and ammo is multiples of 8 not 6 so that is a minor fix as well.

-No real comment.

-No comment

-No, Cammando is spot on and doesn't need changing.

-If anything nerf the zerker and medic's speed OR damage resist. Don't break the other perks as well.

I'm shocked that you think Chainsaw or Claymore are valid choices. When was the last time you saw someone buy one of these peaces of crap over a Katana?

I minor nerf of the Katana would balance this I feel. (5% less damage and 1 more weight block?)

And commando may be spot on in Normal and maybe Hard, but Suicidal and HoE he is a joke.

Upvote 0
I don't use the claymore, but I can see how people could. Having a weapon that's a little slower than the katana, but can take out bigger stuff like the axe is cool.
tbh, my biggest problem with it is that all the other melee weapons fire instantly, but potentially have a c/d after them (axe for example, click and it attacks, but has a pause after the attack to represent a slower attack value), the claymore attack is a slight bit after the attack button has been pressed. Which isn't a disadvantage, but requires some getting used to.

And commando is good in suicidal+, as long as you use him as he's meant to be used - taking out the trash. He fires fast, and 1-2 bullets takes off zed's heads. Anything under a siren he can take out in a heartbeat, and sirens and husks he can take out with careful shooting in a second or two. He should always be at least paired up with someone else, because he shouldn't be able to kill everything that comes his way.

And I think the LAW rocks as a ultra-heavy weapon, which requires the player to only use it and nothing else. IF it's underpowered, a price drop or damage buff would be potential options, but I think a weight reduction would go a way towards removing part of the point of it.

Upvote 0
And commando may be spot on in Normal and maybe Hard, but Suicidal and HoE he is a joke.

Lol no. You don't know how to play commando. A good commando can and will decap most trash zeds in one headshot with AK or SCAR. The only annoying zeds can be the husks and the sirens, but those are still pretty easy to kill.
And if the need arises he can help killing raged SC and FPs if somehow sharp/demo/support/zerk made a mistake by whipping out his SCAR and emptying 25 high caliber bullets.

Which means : very high kill count = extra dosh for teammates.

But I agree with the chainsaw part. I don't see how any zerker can use it, except for the lulz.

As for the LAW, I think it's underrated. It's pretty useful in some situations, like when you can make all the specimens coming at you from one direction. Stunning scrakes, killing all the trash zed around it. It's a situational weapon, I guess.

Upvote 0
;)

*EDIT*
As for the curious perk reset icons, I think they look better than the original perk icons, but I would be saddened if they replaced them. Anyone have any ideas why they're red/gray combo compared to the traditional red/gold?

I agree it sounds strange that we would go from gold to gray unless the gray or silver is supposed to be platinum which is higher than gold then it would make more sense :)

Upvote 0
Was thinking and yes the mosin nagant dosent realy fit in to the game because i dout you could find a working old ww2 rifles in the uk especially a weapon whats dosent originate from the uk if it was a lee-enfield then maybe. but i would still use it .

I have a working Mosin Nagant in my closet. It cost me 120 with 700 rounds of ammo. I've seen Mosin Nagants in gunstores for 60 dollars. It is military surplus and they are all over the world. Even insurgence in Iraq and Afghanistan use them.

Reactions: Archer
Upvote 0
I have a working Mosin Nagant in my closet. It cost me 120 with 700 rounds of ammo. I've seen Mosin Nagants in gunstores for 60 dollars. It is military surplus and they are all over the world. Even insurgence in Iraq and Afghanistan use them.

even so i would think it would be very hard to get one in uk seeing how you cant even buy a replica bb gun without a licence but i dont dout what you have said and probably would be able to get one in uk but not many and it would be hard to find if theres zeds coming at you from every direction xD

But anyway i think it would be good for sharpshooter seeing how it has 0 scoped weapons unless you count mods:)

Upvote 0
I hope the new perk icons are sort of leveling the perks up to 7 and up, not actually resetting perks.

I don't even need lvl 7 bonuses, I just want to have a statistical indicator of how I'm progressing with kills/dmg. Levels 7 and up not adding anything but the icons, all the while preserving lvl 6 bonuses, would be pretty cool in a grindy OCD kind of way, I suppose.

Upvote 0
yeah, if the new icon is a "platinum" version of the perk icons, then it woud be great to finally have a lvl 7. Although, if the perk stats increased too, I wouldnt mind there being another difficulty added. Basically, its like HoE, but no one but sharpys can headshot anything, FP's dont have a rage reset, all zeds increase in speed, up to a point where some of them could keep pretty close to the high lvl zerks, and high lvl medics (imagine gorefasts that charge as fast as high lvl zerks).

Although it would be extremely hard, it could be done and it should be called something like "Apocalypse". Cant think of any good names that are better or bigger than Hell on Earth. Maybe Chuck Norris. Nothing is more difficult than Chuck Norris difficulty.

Upvote 0
Basically, its like HoE, but no one but sharpys can headshot anything, FP's dont have a rage reset, all zeds increase in speed, up to a point where some of them could keep pretty close to the high lvl zerks, and high lvl medics (imagine gorefasts that charge as fast as high lvl zerks).

It would be interesting, as it's so different from other game modes. However, I think the changes would be too brutal like that. If you lose a few players... no one I've ever seen can camp a 6 player match with only 1-2 players, and if those players weren't berserkers, they'd get caught and eaten by zeds trying to kite.
Basically, if things go wrong at all, the team wipes :p No chance of recovery.

Although lol at "Oshi, it's a bloat, CALL THE SHARPIE".

Upvote 0
It would be interesting, as it's so different from other game modes. However, I think the changes would be too brutal like that. If you lose a few players... no one I've ever seen can camp a 6 player match with only 1-2 players, and if those players weren't berserkers, they'd get caught and eaten by zeds trying to kite.
Basically, if things go wrong at all, the team wipes :p No chance of recovery.

Although lol at "Oshi, it's a bloat, CALL THE SHARPIE".

lol, now that would be funny to hear XD

But maybe they could actually lower the number of total zeds or the number of zeds spawning at a certain time. The more I think of it, the more im thinking of various ideas that can be used, stalkers that can be seen by comandos, but are kind of flickery, sirens that have a high pitch scream that is so high pitch that it cant be heard, patty's rockets do same damage, but larger blast radius etc.

I think this weekend im going to write some stuff down, crunch some numbers, ask some clannies, search forums, and then make a thread that disscusses about an additional dififculty. Once Im done with it, Ill just link it to my siggy or something. The only reason I bring this up, is what if there is an additional level. Would increase stats make the perks OP in a HoE game? Maybe I should even make a thread with proposed stat increases for all perks. Oh this weekend shall be a fun weekend

Upvote 0