• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ANOTHER how to improve KF thread

ANOTHER how to improve KF thread

• Yes, all of them seem to be fixing all the problems!

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No, they wouldn't solve anything at all!

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Well, some of them would fix the problems, but I don't agree with all of them.

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. make your own server
2. enforce all your little rules and stipulations and leave the rest of us alone
3. ???
4. profit
Fix my router and port forwarding and get me a PC which'd be running servers good and explain how to work with dedicaded servers stuff and I will sure do that... not to mention my poor net connection should be fixed, so find solution for that as well...

Upvote 0
Fix my router and port forwarding and get me a PC which'd be running servers good and explain how to work with dedicaded servers stuff and I will sure do that... not to mention my poor net connection should be fixed, so find solution for that as well...

Or just do what everyone else does and rent one at gameservers.com.

Have you ever played MISSION maps such as Resident Evil 1 Mansion? Have you ever played as coomando/support/firebug/demo/sharpshooter without ammo and kevlar because of griefers and people who steal weapons you'd need is that easy? Do you think that playing and at the same time explaining to at least one person how to play properly is easy with zeds spawning around? Mostly the problem isn't to win or survive, not at all - the problem is the quality of play - isn't it alot more enjoyable with people who play properly than with people who grief, steal ammo and weapons, play off-perk and die at every beginning of wave?

Ok.. so from beginning..

You are dealing with different people. People who do not think the way you do; for better or worse. People who want to play the game the way they want to play the game; not the way you want them to play. People who are playing the game with huge pings or with crappy integrated graphics. People who happened to do the stupidest thing like light an FP on fire and the FP died due to an unseen xbow HS. So now that player thinks lighting an FP across the map is a good idea and he keeps doing it because it "worked" the first time. Or some lvl 4 sharpie who thinks he is a KF god playing with a bullpup on HoE because he wants to kill stalkers and lvl commando. Or a lvl 6 zerker who logs in and wants to play his own game because zerkers are basically invulnerable and he doesn't care about the other players in the game. Or any other scenario where a player doesn't do what YOU want them to do.

It happens. People do different things than you because THEY ARE DIFFERENT PEOPLE. It sounds obvious but many people go through life never realizing that simple truth.

I've been playing a pure demo on HoE lately. Want to talk about a tough game? That's tough. Yeah, I know. There are going to be 50 people telling me how easy it is and how they solo HoE all the time. I've had zerkers log in who run off on their own. I've had LVL ZERO medics log in. I've had lvl 2 support log in who go after scrakes with the knife. And so on and so on and so on. And you know what can be done about it?

Option 1) Get the team to kick them. Sometimes it works. More often than not, it doesn't.
Option 2) Leave the server. That option always works.

Do you think you're the only person who has died because some idiot was using an unperked weapon? Or because they raged a scrake that was being handled by a zerker? Or had a weapon stolen (and sold) after you jumped in front of an FP to save the team and died? Or lost a mission map because some guy did something stupid? Or been killed because that one guy just doesn't understand FF? Or had someone else grab an ammo box when you wanted it? Or watch some guy with 80% armor grab spawned armor when other people didn't have any armor? It has happened to everyone one of us. And you know what? You, just like everyone else who has played the game, has done something stupid and gotten the team wiped. Multiple times. It happens. Learn to deal with it or just leave the game and start a new one. I promise you that the next Farm map you play will be exactly the same as the last one.

After your seeing behavior and ways of dealing with people you don't agree with here, I have the feeling that your way of "explaining" isn't view by others as explaining.

Well, so for the last thing I want to say for now is - yes, I am not pro, yes, I have problems with other players, yes, I have problems to apply to the people who play other way than it is intended to, yes, I have problems... I have issues, okay? But it doesn't mean I try to improve myself, but it'd make it easier if some of the issues got fixed...

Yeah you do. You necroed a 2 year old thread just to insult me out of the blue and for no good reason. http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1061735&postcount=47

Ah besides, I stopped playing at ff servers, not cuz I don't like them, but cuz I play story mode server lately as I said, and am writing down names of griefers and I plan to send them to admin, but damn, I am almost certain that the admin is one of them...

No one cares. Really. You need to understand that. And it doesn't do any good. Listen to me. Rather than trying to deal with and "fix" ALL OF THE OTHER PLAYERS, just learn to deal with it yourself.

Upvote 0

Wait, wait, wait....let me wrap my head around something here and tell me if I'm wrong. You think that Tripwire should change the game that 1,000,000 people have purchased to fit your expectations and desires because you don't want to do ANYTHING required to run your own server.

You post on EVERYTHING in the forums. Spend some of that time and get a JOB then you can buy a better computer and pay for better internet connection then spend some time figuring out how to run a dedicated server instead of writing your opinion about ever god d**n thread on the forums telling everyone they need to change things. You have a few options of how you will reply:

1. You will tell me I didn't read anything you wrote and try to re-explain a bunch of ideas that do not need to be re-written

2. You will tell me that accomplishing the tasks of buying your own computer and connection are impossible

3. You will consider what has been written and decide that sometimes in life when you think everyone around you has a problem it's not them, but, in fact you, with the problem. I know this to be true from personal experience and it is a tough pill to swallow but your life will unfold in a much more pleasant fashion when you become aware of your flaws and attempt to deal with them maturely.

Best of luck to you BenioX : )

Upvote 0
I don't think its even allowed to make another thread about the same thing. (its even in the title). That's why we also jumped on this and got silenced by the mods. Hate to say it though :

imager.php

Time to close this before it gets out of control again. These threads don't add anything to these boards...

Upvote 0
Well, fine... I guess my plans to quit KF for yet another year seemed best idea, maybe in a year players will be different, maybe in a year community will understand that trying to aply and fail as well as trying to fix anything seems pointless when it comes to KF, and maybe someone will understand I did my best on both making servers, fixing my router, collecting money for new PC and so on. I just failed, I do fail and will always fail, as I said before, I do know my flows, I do know I have problems, but God dammit, understand it that it'd be easier for me if there were no problems other than trying to apply myself and not enjoy KF. Peace out, back to unloved Left 4 Dead 2 ;)

Upvote 0
Well, fine... I guess my plans to quit KF for yet another year seemed best idea, maybe in a year players will be different, maybe in a year community will understand that trying to aply and fail as well as trying to fix anything seems pointless when it comes to KF, and maybe someone will understand I did my best on both making servers, fixing my router, collecting money for new PC and so on. I just failed, I do fail and will always fail, as I said before, I do know my flows, I do know I have problems, but God dammit, understand it that it'd be easier for me if there were no problems other than trying to apply myself and not enjoy KF. Peace out, back to unloved Left 4 Dead 2 ;)

I think all you need to do is load kf instead of kf forums and complain.

Upvote 0
I am pretty sure you remember those 2 threads:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=76227
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=78226

I want to assure you guys though, I did NOT intend to insult anyone but those, who make the KF game into playground where nasty, rude children make mess and throw bad names randomly and hurt anyone who's nearby.
Now to the point: Those threads were about my experiences with Killing Floor and my questions on how to improve, how to make KF enjoyable, how to handle those kinds of players. ....
Hello. I wanted to respond here to tell my version of similar experiences with my Urt servers over the past three years. One of the things I did with my ioquake3 binary was I had a chat filter, player name filter, and chat-word replacement filter coded. It was quite an ordeal because people would constantly use profanity and calls others noobs. So I had my Urt servers replace "noob" with "friend". Other words only come out in chat as **** (or whatever replacement character I select).

Another thing I did was to have a CBan (communication ban) feature coded that prevents a player from using radio or chat if we find they have gotten out of control. Of course all of this is on the ioquake3 engine, but certainly chat filters could be coded without too much ado.

Just thought I would throw my 2 cents in here since I spent many years trying to overcome players who like to be azzclowns and disruptive to others. One thing I also learned was that no matter what you fix or block, the players will always find a way to exploit or glitch it (especially with chat filters).

Upvote 0

No one cares.

Reactions: Ghost1942
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.