• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unexplained removal

BlackMilk

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2011
After taking another long break from KF (not so much on purpose as much as just not getting around to playing it) I've gotten back into the game a few weeks back and started playing HoE again, trying to get the last map achievements I'm still missing.

The past weeks I've noticed a weird and rather annoying trend on a bunch of random servers. Which is people (myself included, hence the thread) getting kicked for seemingly no (good?) reason at all!

I'll join a server, usually as spectator. I'll see what wave the group is on, what perks they have and such so I can adapt and maybe join in. Occasionally I'll ASK them if I can jump in. About half an hour ago that's exactly what I did. A russian server, HoE difficulty, on Filth's Cross. Happens to be a map I haven't done yet. There's three guys, of which one level six and two at level four. I ask if they have a use for a fourth in the game, the level six player (initially responding with ~~~~ so I take it he's russian) then says no. I get a kick vote against me and seconds later, banned.

Similar situations have occurred before. Sometimes I'm barely in the game at all and I get the kick/ban message already.
I can think of a few reasons why people would kick others, even if the "victims" aren't being jerks. And these are, top of my head;
-The player's perk level is considered too low. (but mine are all six)
-The player joins too late during trader time. (I always avoid that)
-The spectator is immediately suspected of leeching for so-called "spectator achievements. (I keep a list of maps I've beaten before on my steam profile, and obviously, there are dates on my achievements)

Personally I think that if you don't want random people to join your server, you should put a password on it. And if you think ALL spectators are leechers, don't enable spectator slots, it's that simple!

The one time I believe I was kicked for somewhat of a fair reason was when I accidentally killed a teammate on a friendly-fire enabled server while trying to save him from a Bloat. The admin assumed it was intentional and I was removed long before the wave was over. But none of these other times I have done or said anything that could have provoked any sensible human being.

This illogical and unfriendly behaviour is making the pool of HoE servers to choose from even smaller than it already was. Who does this, and why?

Surely it's not too much to ask to at least talk about it?

Thanks for taking the time to read and possibly respond.

-The spectator is immediately suspected of leeching for so-called "spectator achievements. (I keep a list of maps I've beaten before on my steam profile, and obviously, there are dates on my achievements)
That is exactly why I suppose. Once I saw ALL HoE games available were full (6/6) so I had to join as spectator, and turned out I joined at ending of wave 10. Instant kick + ban for the warm welcome :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Simple; people who don't want to pay for a serverbox will get on an empty pub with their mates and then use votekick to get rid of anyone that attempts to join, or what I like refer to as "dead weight until proven otherwise". Whether they should or should not be abusing the system like that, or if they even are abusing the system is another matter entirely.

Upvote 0
Another reason, and one that me and my friends have to do all the time, is being kicked/kicking people who join a game and have a ping of like 300+

If you are joining random pubs then dont join ones where ur ping is going to be crap as balls. I mean if you are a US player and you go join a RU server, then it doesnt surprise me at all that you would get kicked coz ur ping is going to be horrible and will only bring down the team.

Upvote 0
That is exactly why I suppose. Once I saw ALL HoE games available were full (6/6) so I had to join as spectator, and turned out I joined at ending of wave 10. Instant kick + ban for the warm welcome :rolleyes:

Happened to me before and I've removed those servers from my favorites. There is no point in playing with those people anyway due to that kind of attitude. Can you imagine what they might be thinking because your not buddies with them, even if you started in the first wave? They could have kicked you by round 10 for their own glory.

Best to create a listen server yourself and let others who want to teamplay and complete achievements join and play with you. No need to put with up that kind of ELITIST nonsense.

I had to setup my own listen server for the Summer, Halloween and 2nd year Christmas achievements due to the above. After completing those, I still setup my LISTEN server just to help others with their skin unlocks and achievements since I knew how it felt to be unwelcomed. Met some really good player friends and will do again when the next TWI Event comes around.

After those events, I started playing on over 6+ player non whitelisted servers and found some good communities out there. For now, I don't even care about what my official level is since I spent more time playing for fun than ego nowadays.

Why waste time on the things that are not really important when you can enjoy each moment of your game time instead?

Try playing for fun and teamwork on WPC Deadspace Server, or The Dedicated or GMK (when those few total ELITIST asshats are not around - good thing their admins are cool) or Mod.LT or KFARG, or MGS instead.

Upvote 0
Try playing for fun and teamwork on WPC Deadspace Server, or The Dedicated or GMK (when those few total ELITIST asshats are not around - good thing their admins are cool) or Mod.LT or KFARG, or MGS instead.
I used to play at GMK server until I found story maps-only server, though it's French and many French a$$holes play there, I made even topic about it, lol, but whenever they are not around the server is awesome :)

Upvote 0