• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The huge experiences and opinions about KF thread

BenioX

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Poland
www.youtube.com
I searched and didn't find a thread which is exactly like this one, so here we go:

1. How was your first time playing Killing Floor? What map did you play first time? What did you think about Killing Floor back then?
2. How many breaks and how long did you take from playing Killing Floor and why?
3. Are you modding Killing Floor? If so, then why? For how long are you modding Killing Floor?
4. What is the biggest plus of Killing Floor? What makes you attracted to it?
5. What is the biggest minus of Killing Floor? What makes you stop playing it (if you stop playing Killing Floor)?
6. Do you have at least one lvl 6? What is your first perk you achieved on lvl 6?
7. Do you have all lvl 6 perks? If so, are you still playing on white-listed server? If so, how often?
8. What are your favourite white-listed mutators? (max 3)
9. What are your favourite mutators which are not white-listed? (Max 3)
10. How many hours did you play Killing Floor?
11. What is your favourite perk and why?
12. What is the perk you dislike the most and why?
13. If you could have one of Killing Floor weapons in real life, which one would you choose and why?
14. What's your favourite KF music?
15. Which Specimen do you die the most from?
16. Which difficulty level is your favourite and why?
17. Which map is your favourite and why?
18. Do you hate exploiters? If so then why.
19. Do you hate griefers? If so then why.
20. Do you hate ragequitters? If so then why.
21. Do you play (mostly) on public servers or password protected and why?
22. The biggest question here... From Commando, Support, Zerker, Demolition and Firebug, which one did you do the least damage with and how much is it? Which did the most damage and how much is it? How many heals do you have as medic? How many headshots do you have as sharpshooter? How many welding points do you have as support? How many stalkers do you have as commando?
23. Say anything random which isn't true
24. Say one random thing that is true

So, here are my answers:
-------------
1. That was Manor, my friend who bought KF for me invited me. I didn't like Killing Floor back then but none of my friends was online except from him so I had no other choice but at least try out Killing Floor. It was with the Poundamonium mutator but it was on Normal or Beginner difficulty, I don't remember. They gave me AA12 and I shoot pretty much everything I could. Then, at wave 4, if I am not wrong, I changed to demolition and bought LAW and used LAW. I loved it, but I disliked the fact all zeds were same. My friend explained to me it's just cuz of "mod" so I asked him to play a normal "version" of the game then. Around wave 7 I quit from boredom and then he invited me again. This time all was normal, but I didn't really have money for any guns I wanted cept from shotgun (yes, I played as support and demolition only at beginning, meh). I liked it a bit, but I had some problems and asked friend a lot about stuff, like for example how to heal myself, how to heal others and how to weld/unweld doors as I needed it to lvl up my support. I didn't lag back then so I liked it a bit, but well, I still rathered Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2.
2. I took at least 3 breaks from Killing Floor which I remember - first one was around 3 months, though I didn't play much Killing Floor before, just like two, three games with friend who bought me the game. Second one was because my best friends bought left 4 dead 2 so we played l4d2 really alot, like for 2 months. Then, my friend bought KF to my gf so I came back to KF with my gf and we played like for half a year. Then, I got pissed off at TWI forum and KF and I stopped playing KF for like a year. I came back to KF like 3, 4 months ago though.
3. Not really, but I want to as I have many ideas and I modded few games before.
4. I can get my stats up more and more and it keeps me on playing, so we could say it's addictive. Also, meeting new people is fun :)
5. people like those 5: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1062543&postcount=1
6. All lvls 6. My first perk I achieved on lvl 6 was either support or demo, I think support though.
7. As I said, all lvls 6, and I play on whitelisted servers only so far, although like year ago and more, just after I got all lvls 6, I played alot on Demon333's servers. Quite a lot of fun, although my pings were 300+ :D
8. IJC Whitelisted Weapon Pack, Anti-Blocker and the one which shows which specimens I currently killed.
9. Specimen Versus, both Marco's and Black Cheetah's, and Pat's gun. Epic!
10. Currently 1132.911. Demolition - I love explosions :rolleyes:
12. Medic - commando would be a better one, more effective killer and as 2nd job a healer ;)
13. Knife - I collect battle knifes irl.
14. Abandon all hope (pretty obvious isn't it?)
15. Sirens. 3 at the same time are instant death
16. Normal - I lag way too much and at Hard + one lag = instant death to me. Also, on Normal I can chat and play at the same time, use exploits without people going mad (yes, I do exploits on Normal and Beginer only though, and that's cause sometimes I am chatting to 5 people at the same time so to talk and play at the same time I need a save spot)
17. Aperture - I just love unwelding the door and at wave 10 explode it with nade then get in and at wave 11 be 100% save from Patriarch, even at beginner, cuz it's fun to see Pat do a double backflip from suicide. I don't know why I see it's funny to be honest.
18. Nope, I don't. If that's the way they want to play, it's fine - when everything goes to hell at least the exploiter will survive carrying on the team.
19. Yes, I do. It's not funny to be dead just because someone found your head being a nice target. As well I could join spectators instead.
20. Not at all - I got used to them. It's especially fun when I play with friends and we see someone join and then we bet if he gonna die and ragequit. Got like over 1 milion Dosh from that together so far :rolleyes:
21. Publics. I don't really have clan, well, one I have, but they play on HoE mostly and they all are stiff, no fun playing with them.
22. So far Berserker, Firebug and Support are my lowest, all three have 17.2m damage. The most damage is from Demolition - 23.9m damage. Medic heals - 293k exactly. Headshots as sharpie - 20371, but less than 22k. Welding points - 2.1m and stalkers 10865. http://steamcommunity.com/id/chadpain/statsfeed/1250/?xml=1&schema=1
23. If I was a princess, my name would be Charlie :p
24. I always wished there was dual shotgun in KF, whitelisted of course :D

Last edited:
1. I first played KF about March last year for a free weekend. I don't remember which maps I played, but they were all enclosed, and I was playing with randoms who apparently didn't have a clue what to do, so I died a lot and didn't like it much.
2. I bought the game I think last Nov, after I got a 3 day pass from a friend, and came on to play with his clan, and found it FAR better playing with friends who actually knew what the hell they were meant to do.
3. Not modding.
4. What is the biggest plus of Killing Floor? What makes you attracted to it? -> Team play, and that despite being very quick to pick up, you can still learn stuff years after you first play it.
5. What is the biggest minus of Killing Floor? What makes you stop playing it (if you stop playing Killing Floor)? -> You seem to get a lot of dumb people playing difficulties they shouldn't. I came here from L4D, and there people only played Adv if they were actually pretty good, and only played Expert if they were pro. I came here and was just "wat?"
6. Do you have at least one lvl 6? What is your first perk you achieved on lvl 6? -> Sharp. I got it within 20 days of playing. All are now L6 bar commando, which I don't play and is on like L2?
7. Do you have all lvl 6 perks? If so, are you still playing on white-listed server? If so, how often? -> Close, and I still mostly play on standard maps. Mostly random servers.
8. What are your favourite white-listed mutators? (max 3) -> I don't tend to play with mutators because if I get used to something, then find it isn't there on the next random server I go to it sucks. However I do like when it displays the kills made in the top left "+1 Gorefast killed" and you can go through people in trader time.
10. How many hours did you play Killing Floor? -> 350?
11. What is your favourite perk and why? -> Sharp. Long-term FPS player hits heads, and with someone who can reliably and quickly get many headshots, a sharpshooter is a powerhouse.
12. What is the perk you dislike the most and why? -> Commando. It just feels like a perk for a class who cbb to aim properly (I know it isn't, but that's my biased opinion :p)
13. If you could have one of Killing Floor weapons in real life, which one would you choose and why? -> Katana probably. Doesn't run out of ammo, and I'm more likely to get away with a katana hanging on the wall than an AA12 in Britain.
14. What's your favourite KF music? -> Play with the music off so I can hear voice chat and zed noises better.
15. Which Specimen do you die the most from? -> Fleshpounds probably. They be tough to take down on HoE, and the only zed I struggle to solo kill quickly and easily.
16. Which difficulty level is your favourite and why? -> Suicidal, because at that level people tend to be more pro than in Hard, and zeds move slower than HoE so you can muck around a bit more.
17. Which map is your favourite and why? -> Suburbia currently. So easy to kite and survive on.
18. Do you hate exploiters? If so then why. -> Not as a group. If they wanna exploit, that's fine by me. Long as they don't ruin my game by doing so, I don't much mind.
19. Do you hate griefers? If so then why. -> Doesn't everyone hate griefers? But I come on to have fun, not have drama.
20. Do you hate ragequitters? If so then why. -> Nope. Better off em gtfoing than staying around to muck up my game.
21. Do you play (mostly) on public servers or password protected and why? -> Public, meet new people. Also I don't have easy access to a personal server.
22. The biggest question here... My steam stats page
23. Say anything random which isn't true -> I killed a bear.
24. Say one random thing that is true -> Just under 1/4 of my lifetime kills on KF have been headshots with a sharpshooter weapon. Kinda proud of that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Interesting questions :)

1. My absolute first time i played KF was home at my brother. He didn't explain all too much of the game, but he let me check all the controls (i always like to check that before i start playing ANY game :rolleyes:). So he set me up for solo Biotic Labs on Hard or Normal i think, and his perks were really low. Needless to say, i got scared so often because of how close the specimen spawned and so on, and after some absolute panicking through the hallways, i got gutted by a gorefast just left of the spawn off that map, near the door xD Still remember the panic feeling, the fear and the adrenaline. From that day on i bought the game myself and it is the game i have played the most in my entire life ^^ It was and still is one of my absolute favourite games!
2. I've taken quite a few breaks, but i am at least always brought back by the new events and stuff, and i am these days a quite frequent visitor on these forums ^^ (i joined these forums MUCH later than when i started playing, like a year and a half or so later!)
3. No im not modding, but i sure wish i knew how to do it! I'd be making stuff up the walls, in particular weapons. However, my main love for "crafting" is not in creating things, i love IMPROVING things, in particular with numbers. Just some weird thing i've done ever since i started playing PC games! xD
4. Lots of things: Humour mixed well with seriousness, replayability, ZED time, tons of weapons, level up system, the map variety, the music, the gameplay itself, no crosshair (first game i played which didn't have a crosshair, and i LOVED it!), how the weapons "feel" and sound. Probably more things i love about it which i can't remember at the moment ^^
5. It's so addictive xD Heh, but more seriously, i'd say that there are quite a few bugs and inconsistancies that has been present for a LONG time, which Scary_ghost even has fixed, yet TWI don't take the time to fix them. Much lesser point is that the weapons and levelling system need some rebalancing. Also that (although this company is probably the least bad in this regard, but still) some things are exclusive and unattainable now (even if i have everything you could possibly get, both achievements and characters, except for the Ball character). I don't like exclusivity a bit. Also, that on events, higher difficulty servers gets filled with low level players >_< Could be fixed so easily by changing the standard filter settings!
Oh, and even though im used to them now, bugged head hitboxes.
6. I have all perks at level 6, so yes. Sharpshooter was my first, even though it was a little annoying that, when i started playing, i couldn't level up the headshot requirement with Dual Handcannons haha xD (just cuz i loved those Dual HCs so much, those in ZED time are just so cool!)
7. Yes, as i said, all level 6. I almost always only play on whitelisted servers. Non-whitelisted games i've played are on a few of those crazy russian servers, but just a handful of times. I really prefer whitelisted playing by far.
8. Exactly the same as Beniox: IJC&Braindead weapon pack, the mutator that displays what specimens you have killed, and anti-blocker.
9. I haven't tested so many non-whitelisted ones, but i'd say: The Shiver (although it needs some minor balancing tweaks, its concept is AMAZING!). Can't think of any others right now, but there are a whole bunch of things i've forgotten. Might edit this later ^^
10. 675 hours. Not THAT much i guess, but still plenty. I read a lot about the game though, im an info-holic ^^
11. This i can't really say, but i guess nowadays it would be Firebug (at least lately, i just love the Mac10 + Flamethrower so much lately), but Commando and Sharpshooter are also a lot of fun to me. I had a loooong period where i loved Berserker too, but that love has faded quite a bit (played it too much hehe)
BUT, more importantly, the perk im BEST at is by far the Commando and it is usually the perk i end up playing the most too these days (due to people being somewhat bad at killing trash, at least on HoE... i also love being the main trashkiller hehe).
And another thing: That Commando is one of my fav perks (and the one i play the best with) is REALLY weird, cuz I usually HATE to play with Assault Rifles, but in KF they just feel so awesome!
12. I guess Medic is my least favourite. I guess cuz i like killing things :p Doesn't mean i think Medic is a BAD perk, but im not just much of a "supportive" kind of player, i save you more by killing the bad guys hehe. But i still heal often as non-Medic when i see the need or when there is time for it, i still like helping the team. But mostly by killing mwahaha!
13. Can't choose :D There are too many i like!
14. I think my fav song is "My AK", and second is probably "Hunger". But i really like ALL of them! I even love those "trader time" songs lol! But i guess im a little weird when it comes to music haha! I don't listen to music when playing KF these days though (since i mostly play HoE), since i wanna concentrate on the game and don't get distracted by the music.
15. Hmm. I would probably have to say Sirens. At least i think they are by far the most irritating ones >_< If not Sirens, then i guess Fleshpounds (for obvious reasons if you play on HoE...)
16. When playing with an organized and good group, where you can sense the teamwork, i'd say HoE. If pugging otherwise i'd say sometimes Suicidal, and even on rare occasions Hard, to play more casually :rolleyes:, but mostly HoE.
17. Tough call. I can't choose. But in a general term, i'd say more "campy" maps like Biotics Lab, WestLondon (like in the church), Bedlam (left of spawn) and so on.
18. Only if it leads to the death of the team. If they exploit to keep the team alive, i don't really care, but it can take away some of the fun if it makes the game too easy.
19. Very much so, at least if you are trying to play seriously. If EVERYONE is goofing around and everyone is in on it, then i don't mind sillying around together. Although, i guess that isn't considered griefing... So yeah, griefers truly annoy me!
20. Nah, not really, i often think "good riddance" if people ragequit. Most people that ragequit are bad players anyway (at least in my experience).
21. I mostly play on Public games, it's more exciting due to the random people you meet, but it can be fun to play with great players that you know who they are as well (like in the tournament, that one is a blast!)
22. From the most to least damage:
a) Berserker - 19.3 Million (had a period where my fav perk was Berserker :rolleyes:)
b) Commando - 16.6 Million
c) Support - 13.1 Million
d) Firebug - 11.6 Million
e) Demolitions - 9.9 Million
Sharpshooter - 42820. I guess that is quite a lot, and i'd say Im not the worst Sharpshooter either, but when i see the real "pros" play with them, i am in pure envy of their skill. Still very much fun to play to this day, imo, even if it's not my best perk.
Medic - 150k healing. It is the perk i've played actively the least BY FAR, and most of that healing is done offperk. Nonetheless, i still have a few moments where i like to play as Medic, just for variety's sake.
Just a little note: Looking at the experience bars, only the Medic (which is last, it's like a tad above 50%) and the Demolitions (looks to be filled about 75%) are my perks that are not at "level 7 or beyond" yet.
Welding - 1.0 Million xD (As it was far too tedious for me to level it up, i did the little trick of welding althrough the night, with my M1-button duct-taped in place, while a single remaining Clot bashed on the door and i personally went to bed ahem :eek: ... It was just boring to level that requirement, so im sorry if that offends anyone!)
Stalker kills - 7869. Yes, much less than my damage done in percentage difference. And i do my job very well with killing Stalkers, which imo just sorta makes that requirement too high (or rather, lacking that Crawlers should be a target for this requirement too)
23. Something random and untrue... hmm... i invaded Denmark by myself >_>
24. Something random that's true. Hmmm ... hmmm, im lefthanded lol? xD

Just something extra i wanted to add for fun (and some bragging hehe):

* What perks do you usually play? - What i usually end up playing in a public game are these 3 perks these days:
Commando - When trashkilling is lacking (which is the most often)
Sharpshooter - When Scrakes are a problem
Support - When FPs are a problem (cuz then i can kill trash a lot too)
If i feel that the team is great though, i try to play Firebug (yes, on HoE!)

* What perk are you the BEST at? - I already mentioned this before, but i'd like this to be added to your questions (because favourite does not equal your best perk). And mine, i'd have to go with Commando. It is the trashkiller perk #1!

* How many achievements do you currently have? - I have all 176 :cool: (I went achievement hunting to vary my gaming, as i was mostly just having fun with no real purpose to it. That's also were a lot of my Berserker damage comes from hehe, as i soloed quite a few of them actually)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I guess after playing Killing Floor would like to say something about that, good theard though.

So lets start.

1. Hm. Old Killing Floor, reminds me mostly Famale Character for now, but for the first time i liked old maps view, weapons.. But i didn't like old Killing Floor being so easy. But back to 2009, i still remember Killing floor without Character Packs.. Whooah. Respect for LVL 5, No Level-Up event. Im not sure what was my first map, i have played alot maps when i started.
2. Had alot, mostly during Holidays. I almost missed Summer Event.
3. Nope. But got alot ideas.
4. ZEDS, LVLs, Maps, It isn't that popular, but i like to play with other people.
5. What.. Stopping playing KF? Nah. But minus are Glitches/exploits.
6. First LV6 - Sharpshooter, Got all perks LV6, overleveled, Berseker Mastery.
7. Just like above, everytime i play KF. I don't like on non-whitelisted servers.
8. IJC Weapons, Anti-Blocker during trader time.
9. None.
10. 1410+ Hours acording to steam time.
11. Berserker. chop chop! Most useful perk and mostly last survivor.
12. I don't dislike, but Medic - I play it hardlyever.
13. LAR (Would say Katana but i already have)
14. zYnthetic Abandon v3.
15. Crawlers, bloody spiders bother me when im kitting Fleshpound.
16. I usually like to watch how other players play on Hard & Suicidal, But also got experience on Hell on Earth with My Devil Cake..
17. Westlondon, Waterworks.
18/19/20. Well i'd say, this game has issues.. Glitching is part of this. If you do this for fun that okey, but this doesn't mean everyone like it. Ragequitting, Griefers.. If you have bad day, that not other problem.
21. Hosting private. Playing Public.
22. Most damage done by Berserker which is 116.5mln. But started overleveling other perks: Commando, Support, Demolition which are 25mln+ except Firebug 19mln. Hardlyever played - Medic 226k, Sharpshooter Headshots 64323 Right now.
23 ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~?
24. IJC Thompson will be whitelisted.

Upvote 0
Interesting questions :)
Thank you :D
Welding - 1.0 Million xD (As it was far too tedious for me to level it up, i did the little trick of welding althrough the night, with my M1-button duct-taped in place, while a single remaining Clot bashed on the door and i personally went to bed ahem :eek: ... It was just boring to level that requirement, so im sorry if that offends anyone!)
I hope you did that on solo, else I'd hate you for making all those players wait for when you're done ;)
Also, the welding isn't hard to lvl up, I had it way beyong lvl 6 requirements when I was lvl 3, and it was just because I love welding every possible door ;)
23 ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~?
~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~! :D I so agree ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To avoid post bloat..
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Nice thread.

1. How was your first time playing Killing Floor? What map did you play first time? What did you think about Killing Floor back then?|| I first played KF the day it was released, as I had pre ordered it, and I loved it immediately. I was a big RO fan and I just felt like it was RO on roids with zombies. I think the first map I ever played was West London, can't remember how it turned out though
2. How many breaks and how long did you take from playing Killing Floor and why?|| I probably took 3 or 4 breaks from KF with a max break of like, 7 or 8 months, but I'm back playing it now for the moment :p I think I stopped due to a bit of lack of interest but mostly getting caught up in other games.
3. Are you modding Killing Floor? If so, then why? For how long are you modding Killing Floor?|| I would like to learn how to do all that cool stuff, but don't really wanna put forth all the effort/have the time :p
4. What is the biggest plus of Killing Floor? What makes you attracted to it?|| I do like the perk leveling system, although I can't stand how it can be abused. I just like the overall game play of the game, how you can only really win by relying on your teammates, besides playing a kiting game ofc.
5. What is the biggest minus of Killing Floor? What makes you stop playing it (if you stop playing Killing Floor)?|| I guess a bit of redundancy really. It is mostly the same thing over and over again, even with playing with different perks or different tactics.
6. Do you have at least one lvl 6? What is your first perk you achieved on lvl 6?|| I honestly can't remember which was my first level 6, when level 6 first came out, 4 out of the 6 perks immediately jumped to 6, as demo just came out and I had my perks leveled past 5 a lot. I would probably say that support or sharp shooter was my first level 5 though.
7. Do you have all lvl 6 perks? If so, are you still playing on white-listed server? If so, how often?|| Everything is at level 6, I do still like playing on whitelisted servers, almost exclusively really.
8. What are your favourite white-listed mutators? (max 3)|| I like the anti-blocker :p Removes trolls from blocking trader.
9. What are your favourite mutators which are not white-listed? (Max 3)|| When it first came out I think I liked the WTF mutator a lot.
10. How many hours did you play Killing Floor?|| I just got past 900 the other day.
11. What is your favourite perk and why?|| It used to be support, as I just love killing mobs with one shot, but it is close between sharp, I love popping heads off; but as of recently I've been playing beserker a lot. I just can't get enough of it lately.
12. What is the perk you dislike the most and why?|| I can't stand firebug. I pretty much played it to get the bar fully filled past 6 and only touched it 1 or 2 times since.
13. If you could have one of Killing Floor weapons in real life, which one would you choose and why?|| Oh man this is a tough one. I'd probably have to say the handcannon or bullpup. Maybe the scar too.
14. What's your favourite KF music? || The classic music playing when its silence waiting for the patriarch.
15. Which Specimen do you die the most from?|| Depends on the perk really. But generally It would have to be an fp or scrake if the team is holed up somewhere. Siren if it's a kiting game
16. Which difficulty level is your favourite and why?|| HoE pretty much exclusively unless the only servers up have dreadful ping. The more challenge there is the better.
17. Which map is your favourite and why?|| This is rough, a while ago it used to be offices, but I think maybe manor, its rough holing up in the cave which makes it fun, and has a good zircle.
18. Do you hate exploiters? If so then why.|| Absolutely. Unfair advantages are weak.
19. Do you hate griefers? If so then why.|| See above.
20. Do you hate ragequitters? If so then why.|| Not really in this game, since usually those people are the downfall of the team and we're better off without them.
21. Do you play (mostly) on public servers or password protected and why?|| Public mostly, when I used to have a group we had a passworded server but not anymore.
22. The biggest question here... From Commando, Support, Zerker, Demolition and Firebug, which one did you do the least damage with and how much is it? Which did the most damage and how much is it? How many heals do you have as medic? How many headshots do you have as sharpshooter? How many welding points do you have as support? How many stalkers do you have as commando?|| I've done the least damage with Firebug, which is 12.3M. I've done the most damage with Support which is 47.4M. I have exactly 600k heal points which I just hit the other day. I have 72,983 headshots, 2.2 million weld points, and I have killed 15657 stalkers.
23. Say anything random which isn't true || I hate this game.
24. Say one random thing that is true || This is one of my favorite games ever, as it very very seldom makes me angry.

Upvote 0
Thank you :D

I hope you did that on solo, else I'd hate you for making all those players wait for when you're done ;)
Also, the welding isn't hard to lvl up, I had it way beyong lvl 6 requirements when I was lvl 3, and it was just because I love welding every possible door ;)
Lol of COURSE i did that on solo haha!

I hope you won't weld my door.. Or at least in front of me.
Actually, you actually would like me to weld doors for you in KF. I haven't met a single player who welds with care like i do, and don't just hold in M1 at the door. There is actully some MINOR skill in welding properly (or rather, efficiently). It's very simple: Don't keep holding M1 down if you are out of welding-energy (and ofc don't continue welding either if the door is 100% or very close to 100%), you won't weld too well if you just hold down the trigger. Let the specimen wack the door a bit, like down to 80% or so, and let your welder recharge meanwhile. For some reason, welding at the bottom energy is highly inefficient and even can, in the long run, make the door break.
Only exception to holding down M1 even if you are out of welding-energy is if the door is so low on repair that it's about to break. But that's quite obvious :p

Lol, i almost feel like making a little welding-tips-video xDDD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1. How was your first time playing Killing Floor? What map did you play first time? What did you think about Killing Floor back then?

Terrible, I sucked, I'm not much better now but that's a different story :p West London was the first map I played and I hated the game after playing it. I didn't touch it for nearly 3 months.

2. How many breaks and how long did you take from playing Killing Floor and why?

I've taken 3-4 in the last 2 years or so, a few months at a time, I think you need to too recharge the batteries, so to speak.

3. Are you modding Killing Floor? If so, then why? For how long are you modding Killing Floor?

No.

4. What is the biggest plus of Killing Floor? What makes you attracted to it?

Teamwork for me, I only play pubs and I get a good team every so often but when I do those are the best games, random players on a random server that just 'click'. I thoroughly enjoy games like that.

5. What is the biggest minus of Killing Floor? What makes you stop playing it (if you stop playing Killing Floor)?

If I've had a bad run and lost a lot of games in a row, I'll take a couple of days break from it.

6. Do you have at least one lvl 6? What is your first perk you achieved on lvl 6?

Yes and my first was sharpshooter.

7. Do you have all lvl 6 perks? If so, are you still playing on white-listed server? If so, how often?

Yes and yes only play white listed server and nearly every night.

8. What are your favourite white-listed mutators? (max 3)

I don't have any favourites.

9. What are your favourite mutators which are not white-listed? (Max 3)

As above.

10. How many hours did you play Killing Floor?

Currently 1,127.8

11. What is your favourite perk and why?

Commando, I started the game as a commando and he's just a great perk to play as.

12. What is the perk you dislike the most and why?

Demo, namely a bad demo that blinds everyone on the team.

13. If you could have one of Killing Floor weapons in real life, which one would you choose and why?

SCAR, it's just perfect!

14. What's your favourite KF music?

All my music in-game is off as it is with every game of this type, I like to know what's sneaking up on me.

15. Which Specimen do you die the most from?

Patriarch.

16. Which difficulty level is your favourite and why?

I like suicidal but I'm limited to number of servers and it's even worse for HoE so I'd have to say hard as I get more choice of servers there.

17. Which map is your favourite and why?

Farm, I like the openness of that map and also it's dark so can't rely on sight alone.

18. Do you hate exploiters? If so then why.

Yes, I despise cheating of any kind, beat a map fairly or don't even bother!

19. Do you hate griefers? If so then why.

I despise griefers, they are the lowest of the low.

20. Do you hate ragequitters? If so then why.

Not so much as some people still have connection problems with this game so it could be that too and not necessarily a rage quit.

21. Do you play (mostly) on public servers or password protected and why?

Always pubs unless I'm invited to a friends server for a game, I enjoy the challenge of random players trying to complete a map even though we might never have played alongside each other before.

22. The biggest question here... From Commando, Support, Zerker, Demolition and Firebug, which one did you do the least damage with and how much is it? Which did the most damage and how much is it? How many heals do you have as medic? How many headshots do you have as sharpshooter? How many welding points do you have as support? How many stalkers do you have as commando?

Firebug, very low and a perk I rarely play, 13 million. Zerker is my top damage with 46 million. Medic is around 283K. Sharp is almost 40K. Support welding is 1.5 million. Commando is almost 14K.

23. Say anything random which isn't true

Spiders have 25 legs.

24. Say one random thing that is true

If you go out when it's raining without an umbrella you'll get wet.

Upvote 0
1. First map I played was West London (I think). I remember thoroughly enjoying the game and itching for more. Though I can't say I thought I'd still be playing it 2 and a half years later.

2. I've taken a few breaks. Usually a week or two but I think my longest was around 3 months.

3. No.

4. The simplicity. Games like COD where you have all these perks to choose and weapons to choose from just overcomplicate things IMO. How many people do you think will use every weapon and every perk in the game more than just a couple of times? Killing Floor still gives you choices on your weapons and your perks, but they all feel very well thought out and for the most part, very well balanced so all of them have a use and they will all see use more than just one or two times.

5. Admittedly, the predictability of the ZEDs becomes a drawback once you know what to expect from all of them. It would be nice if they threw a few surprises at you once in a while to keep you on your toes.

6. Yes. My first level 6 was Sharpshooter.

7. Yes. I play on white listed servers almost every time I play the game.

8. Specimen Kill Messages.

9. SG Weapons Pack, Super Zombies, Server Perks

10. Currently at 1333.7 hours :D

11. Commando. It may not have the raw firepower or flexability of some other perks but it is just a real fun perk to play and I absolutely love assault rifles.

12. Berserker. I've made it no secret that I think it's overpowered. Plus I really hate playing zerker kiting games as I find them extremely boring. No perk should have such an easy time soloing every ZED, especially the Patriarch.

13. Handcannon. Because I love Desert Eagles, even if they are considered nothing more than novelty weapons to some.

14. The main menu theme.

15. STEVE!!! :eek: (aka the Crawler)

16. Hell on Earth. Once you get used to it every other level just feels too easy. It's the only one where I still feel like I'm getting a challenge.

17. Foundry. I love the layout and all the major camping spots offer at least a decent challenge.

18. Yes. Especially the ones who use map glitches.

19. Yes. They've really got nothing better to do than come in and ruin a game that was going great for everyone else? Pretty sad if you ask me.

20. Can't really say I do. To me there's nothing funnier than seeing some level 6 guy who obviously grinded his perks and thinks he's all that run into a group of Gorefasts, get shredded and rage. :rolleyes:

21. Mostly on public. While I prefer to play with friends, I don't mind playing with randoms as long as they can pull their weight. We'll only play a passworded server if we're trying to beat a custom map.

22. Firebug is my lowest at 7 million. My highest is Support at 46.7 million. Medic has 383K healing, Sharpshooter has 96,459 headshots, Support has 854K welding and Commando has 9095 Stalker kills.

23. Clouds are made of ice cream.

24. If you dropped all the planets into a massive ocean, Saturn is the only one that would float.

Upvote 0
24. If you dropped all the planets into a massive ocean, Saturn is the only one that would float.
WOW I find it actually fascinating! :eek:

Also, of what I read so far most people's first map played on was West London... cool to see that, Manor and West London are epic! :p

Yeah, I know it's weird but I read ALL on this topic so far. no-life? Perhaps :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
1. I first played the mod on some wintery village map. Some years later downloaded the full game to see what was different and played on a large map with a village and a castle on it (still looking for it though), then bought the game when it went retail for Germany and bought it again with some friends for the uncut experience. Felt awesome with all those gibs and blood flying around.
2. Every couple of weeks taking some time off, then coming back.
3. I made two maps for Killing Floor: KF-Constriction and KF-Corruption, both being whitelisted. Currently I am working on a third map, KF-OldTown. Don't know for how long I've been modding KF.
4. The intense battles are definatly a plus, also the required teamwork.
5. The bugs (especially the weight bug on colt), the repetetiveness aside from modded story-mode and the game browser not making sure lvl 0s joing suicidal / hoe games.
6. Having multiple lvl 6 perks, the first ones being Sharpshooter and then Commando.
7. I'm not having every perk played to level 6 but I'm having the Mr. Perky Achievement. Regularly plaing on FG servers located in Germany, though I really should check out the sykosis ones sometime soon.
8. 1) Anti-Trader-Block 2) IJC Weapons
9. I'm not playing this much, but if Hunter's RE models would randomize the standard ones, that'd be a breeze.
10. I got around 200 hours clogged into the game, nearly as much with the SDK.
11. Commando is just the ultimate trash killer perk, and rarely does an assault rifle feel this gritty.
12. Possibly medic and berserk. Running around aimlessly isn't just my playstyle.
13. Katana, otherwise I'd have to buy ammo which isn't really easy round here.
14. That standard Pattysong.
15. Usually some Gorefast that I couldn't kill because of reloading, or simply because it became a Zig-Zag-Fast and nobody else killed it.
16. Suicidal proves to be a fitting challenge on public servers.
17. There's a flurry of good maps, from a design point, Icebreaker is awesome, but gameplay wise, Wyre and Crash are nicely done. WestLondon is a classic, though.
18. They are usually kicked where I'm playing.
19. They are usually kicked where I'm playing.
20. They do not need to be kicked because they already left.
21. Mostly playing on publics, but for achievement whoring or simply to play with some friends we're using password protection.
22. Almost a Commando-only player. Got around 17k headshots with the Sharpshooter perk, but Commando tops it off with 16M. damage and around 8600 stalkers KiA. Means I'm the most skilled Commando in our group anyway.
23. KF is balanced.
24. TWI cares, but the game still needs some balance fixes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1: Got the game at the start of the 2010 christmas event. I got a notification about it having a crossover with Team Fortress 2, so I thought I maybe should check it out. The first map I played was Office. I used alot of time wandering around during the waves to find the Trader, wich I, back then, thought was someone I had to rescue from the apocalypse.
2: I have a few now then. Usually 1-2 weeks. Longest has been like 3 months.
3: No. I don't have any knowledge in any kind of modding.
4: The co-op is the best thing for sure.
5: Biggest minus? I don't think there is any. This is too good to have any flaws.
6: I currently only 3 perks in level 6; Sharpshooter, Field Medic and Support Specialist. The first one was Sharpshooter.
7: No, I have only 3 in level 6. I only play on official maps.
8: Anti-Blocker is the only one I like to play with.
9: Have none.
10: 353.4 hours since I got the game December 16th, 2010.
11: Field Medic and Sharpshooter. Field Medic because I then heavily focus on keeping teamates alive, and Sharpshooter because it is so powerful and easy to handle.
12: Commando. The weapons aren't that effective on the tougher zeds, and it takes REALLY long time to get those Stalker kills for lvl-up.
13: The medic guns. It would be fun to run around shooting darts at others, and not hurting them. Instead I will heal them.
14: All the soundtracks.
15: Fleshpounds and Patriarch, obviously. Rarely gets killed by other zeds.
16: Hard. It is the most fitting with my perk levels, and my skills.
17: Pretty much every official map. They are all so awesome.
18: Not really. I am sometimes exploiting myself, if I'm in trouble.
19: Griefers? Yes! They are the worst kind of players that exists.
20: Nope. I sometimes find myself ragequitting. It is very normal in games.
21: Puplic. There is no fun in playing on private servers, if no other people join.
22: I think I just skip this question.
23: I am the best player in Killing Floor.
24: I have managed to personally spread Killing Floor to two of friends. First time I send my best friend a free three-day guest pass. I was having a christmas sleepover at his place. He saw me play a little KF. He thought it looked alot of fun. He tried the guest pass. He liked it, and then bought the full game shortly after. For second one, I showed trailers and gameplay videoes to him in school. Hes interrest in the game was slowly increasing by the time, and then he finally got the game during the discount sale at the start of the Killing Floor Twisted Christmas Event 2011.

Upvote 0