• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

French noobs (no offence French people)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning : this reply is coming from a French, expect a lot of mistakes...

So, now you can't tell you didn't knew what to expect !

I'm a French player and I clearly dislike to play on French servers, why ?

Because good French servers are quite not common... The opposite is more a rule than anything else.

Last week, i got banned from a French server ( "C'est une vraie boucherie" in english it means : "it's a real bloodbath"), the reason of my ban, being to noob friendly... Yup, exactly, I saw a level 0 Sharpshooter joining at wave 3, i gave him a bit of my money and my good old mac10 (blahblahblah, i was a firebug and so what) i gave the rest to a level 2 'zeker that just died, they were both happy... But not the level 6 sharpshooter that was here from the very beginning and never ever asked for money or anything, and didn't die either... He started to insult me in French, i answered him politely that he wasn't in a real need, I could only make it to the 7th wave, then i got banned from the server.

The sharpshooter was an admin...

But you see, i played a lot on french servers (i really enjoy when i have a low ping), and it's the only time that an incident of this sort happened...

Most of the time, you must have played with kids that are not allowed to play this game (less than 15 year old), it's not a problem of culture but of age !

I play with a friend of mine, TKG, and we made a few friends on steam while playing killing floor, I think, if we were playing like noobs or like morons, they wouldn't had added us.

Simply, say a word or two in French if you know you go on a French server and they will maybe get nicer with you (a simple "Bonjour" does not cost a lot, and it's not only working for french servers, i also say "guten tag" on german servers, "Hallo" on NL servers and so on if i know how to say it). If you want i can type a survival sheet for foreign players going to a French server. (Lesson 1, Canard pc = good community but french astonishing, isn't it ?)

Now for the random french players' behavior, i think i can explain it a little.

I used to play in a french team of Forgotten Hope 2 and the French logic seems more like, ok now i'm sure to die, it's only a game, what can i do ?

If i stay here i die, if i go i die, there's a panzer across the street, my squad is the other way, i cannot do anything against it, i'll just run like hell to that pak 40 (anti tank canon) and try to use it against him...

The solutions are : - i destroy the tank... everybody survive

- I get shot by the tank, well i was only a decoy, now my squad can use that time to cross the street and blow him up !

- a random german shoot me, well it will attract the panzer attention... my squad can now try to take it down...

And i played a lot Left 4 Dead 2 and i can tell you it's the same thing, i prefer to know i will probably die, than knowing all my buddies will die.

So when you think there is no logic, under this not so random moves, try to place it in a bigger picture... ;)

Best regards,
Bobob.

Upvote 0
You registered just to tell us that? Nice one mate.

Nope, actually I tried to post for some time, but every time I got a message telling me that a moderator must approve my account before publishing. So now it works.

As for the subject, you can really read between the lines that French players are douchs because it's the way they are. It's clearly targeted at French people, and I don't see the point of letting this post go if it's only a racial rant.

Every group has some bad elements, but here some people go play on a French server just to see if they can find a player so douchey that they can come here and say : "well, he was French, classic".

So a lock would be good.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.